2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This 660 deal with ARod and the Yankees, from an outsider's perspective. looks petty and ugly.

I would be interested in the exact contract language, but if he is to get a bonus at certain milestones, and it is in his contract, he should get those bonus. Even if they were obtained with enhancements.

This 660 deal with ARod and the Yankees, from an outsider's perspective. looks petty and ugly.

I would be interested in the exact contract language, but if he is to get a bonus at certain milestones, and it is in his contract, he should get those bonus. Even if they were obtained with enhancements.

I think people are making it a bigger deal than what it's going to be. It'll be figured out in the offseason. Just keep hitting home runs and keep winning and it'll be forgotten before you know it. Just my opinion on the situation.

I think people are making it a bigger deal than what it's going to be. It'll be figured out in the offseason. Just keep hitting home runs and keep winning and it'll be forgotten before you know it. Just my opinion on the situation.

It should have been taken care of LAST offseason, so that it would not be an issue this year, when he obviously was going to pass Mays.

It is funny that the Yankees have taken off all their media guides "upcoming milestones", and are just looking to ignore the subject. It will not be ignored by the media.

I hope ARod hits 660 at Yankee Stadium.

It should have been taken care of LAST offseason, so that it would not be an issue this year, when he obviously was going to pass Mays.

It is funny that the Yankees have taken off all their media guides "upcoming milestones", and are just looking to ignore the subject. It will not be ignored by the media.

I hope ARod hits 660 at Yankee Stadium.

Me and you both, I hope he hits it with 3 guys on tonight. Anything to help the team win.

Tonight

RHP Adam Warren (1-1, 5.40)

vs.

RHP Nate Karns (1-1, 5.32)

7:05 p.m., YES Network

Tuesday

RHP Chase Whitley (2-0, 2.12 in Triple-A)

vs.

RHP Jake Odorizzi (2-1, 1.65)

7:05 p.m., YES Network and MLB Network

Wednesday

RHP Masahiro Tanaka (2-1, 3.22)

vs.

LHP Drew Smyly (0-0, 3.86)

1:05 p.m., YES Network and MLB Network

For the first time this season, the Yankees will play another club for the second time. They swept three games from the Rays at Tropicana Field last week and now Tampa Bay is coming to the Bronx for a three-game set starting tonight. The Yankees lucked out again and will miss Chris Archer. He started yesterday and has a 0.84 ERA (2.29 FIP) in five starts this year. Archer hasn’t allowed an earned run since Opening Day.

The Rays are coming into this series riding a five-game winning streak — they took the last two games of their series with the Red Sox last week and swept the Blue Jays this weekend, all at home. They outscored Toronto and Boston 30-12 in the five games. Tampa Bay is 11-8 overall with a +5 run differential. They’re tied with the Yankees atop the AL East, though New York has the better run differential (+21).

Just a day off for Chase Headley, who Girardi felt could use a day. That leaves third base for Rodriguez. “The last time he played third, he played well,” Girardi said. “In spring training, he played third well. He’s going to catch it and he’s going to throw it. He’s going to make the right decision with the baseball. I know his range is not what it was at 25, but no one’s range is what it was 15 years ago, so that’s the reality of it.”

• Girardi said he’s “95 percent sure” Chase Whitley will start tomorrow. The Yankees deliberately kept Whitley and Bryan Mitchell separated in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre rotation so that one of them would be available basically any time the team needed a spot starter. “We wanted to set it up that way,” Girardi said. “And we made him aware of that (out of spring training).”

Archived