2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

After hearing Cashman speak, it doesn't sound like a major injury at all. Even said Masahiro feels well enough to pitch right now. With his history however it makes all the sense to shut him down.

It's not the injury itself that's worrisome its what may have caused it. If he's overcompensating because of his elbow that could obviously lead to variety of injuries. Forearm strains have been a precursor to something more serious.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cashman stressed that Tanaka's forearm strain is minor, so minor that he couldn't even label it a Grade 1 strain, but Tanaka will be shut down from throwing for at least 7-to-10 days. The right-hander is also nursing some wrist tendinitis, but his MRI showed no change in his elbow.

2B Jose Pirela: 0-3, 1 K — left the game after six innings for an unknown reason but that might have been the plan all along … Tanaka going to the DL means the Yankees can bring Gregorio Petit back before his ten days, so I bet Pirela stays on his rehab assignment a few more days … he’s 0-for-11 with three strikeouts during his rehab assignment so far

It's not the injury itself that's worrisome its what may have caused it. If he's overcompensating because of his elbow that could obviously lead to variety of injuries. Forearm strains have been a precursor to something more serious.

That is my concern as well.

At least they are being as cautious as they can.  But if he makes it through till August, and then hurts it and needs TJ, I'll be pissed, just wasting a year.

• Ellsbury stole two bases tonight. Brett Gardner stole one. Those two are each hitting over .300 at the top of the order.

I love that type of offense.  I disagree with the whole Money Ball speed doesn't matter crap.

A man on second is MUCH easier to score than a man on 1st.  In addition, it messes with pitchers when men are scoring.  And... it changes the pitches the catchers call.  If a catcher is worried about the running game, you will get more fastballs, and less off speed.  Pudge Rodriguez was notorious for that.

Tough loss man, it's all down hill from here ! Lol

Bullpen went what, almost 8 innings before finally giving up a run?  You hate to lose a game like that.

They could really use a starter that goes 7-8 innings on occasion.

I love that type of offense.  I disagree with the whole Money Ball speed doesn't matter crap.

A man on second is MUCH easier to score than a man on 1st.  In addition, it messes with pitchers when men are scoring.  And... it changes the pitches the catchers call.  If a catcher is worried about the running game, you will get more fastballs, and less off speed.  Pudge Rodriguez was notorious for that.

That really wasn't the point of Moneyball.

That really wasn't the point of Moneyball.

No, the point of money ball was getting the most bang for your buck.  But he also stated more than once he didn't care much for defense, and did not like players stealing bases, as it risked an out.

Tonight

LHP CC Sabathia (0-4, 5.96)

vs.

RHP Justin Masterson (2-0, 5.16)

7:10 p.m., YES Network and MLB Network

Saturday

RHP Nathan Eovaldi (1-0, 4.15)

vs.

LHP Wade Miley (1-2, 8.62)

1:35 p.m., YES Network

Sunday

RHP Adam Warren (1-1, 4.35)