2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may have noticed during last night’s game that several Yankees are growing — or attempting to grow, anyway — mustaches. Apparently it is part of some kind of team unity thing. Marly Rivera says Mark Teixeira, Chase Headley, Esmil Rogers, Dellin Betances, Garrett Jones, and Stephen Drew are among those growing mustaches, and during the game last night it looked like Jacoby Ellsbury is trying to get in on the act as well. This is either going to be very good or very bad. Maybe a little of both.

Pineda continued a stretch of strong pitching for the Yankees, who haven’t allowed more than four runs in a game since April 15 against the Orioles.

The series will pick up on Saturday at 4:05 p.m. with Mets phenom Matt Harvey opposing Yankees veteran CC Sabathia.

Teixeira is 2nd in baseball in home runs and runs batted in. Nelson Cruz is 1st in both categories. Teixeira's overall numbers need to improve (.218 AVG/.333 OBP/.673 SLG/1.006 OPS), but at least the production is there. He was signed way back when to produce runs and play good defense. So you can't complain about his start.

Teixeira is 2nd in baseball in home runs and runs batted in. Nelson Cruz is 1st in both categories. Teixeira's overall numbers need to improve (.218 AVG/.333 OBP/.673 SLG/1.006 OPS), but at least the production is there. He was signed way back when to produce runs and play good defense. So you can't complain about his start.

Even when he was in his prime, he didn'y usually hit much over 200 for April.  The fact his wrist looks healthy is the biggest thing.

If he could hit 240-250 with 30 HR, I'd be so thrilled. 

Well it seems pretty silly to say, "Met fans say the HR were cheap".

Then, I say who said that?"

And you say, "they didn't say it here".

LOL.

My uncle said Yankee fans were doltish.

Don't understand what the problem is. Seems silly to tell someone to post somewhere else when he's a Yankee fan posting on a Yankee thread about what he's hearing from other fans he knows. Come on dude.

Don't understand what the problem is. Seems silly to tell someone to post somewhere else when he's a Yankee fan posting on a Yankee thread about what he's hearing from other fans he knows. Come on dude.

To me it seems silly to make a statement, that no one has said or heard. It was a non sequitor.

To me it seems silly to make a statement, that no one has said or heard. It was a non sequitor.

Oh give over, you're obviously just looking for a fight. There are many Mets fans who complain about Yankee Stadiums dimensions when they play in our ballpark. Just because no one said anything on this one platform (a not very active baseball forum) doesn't mean I can't address it. I can't imagine you're reaction if someone actually dared to say something negative about the Mets, Mets fans, or anything Mets that actually mattered. Maybe you should try and be a tad bit less sensitive. Or just avoid this thread during Yanks/Mets series.

Oh give over, you're obviously just looking for a fight. There are many Mets fans who complain about Yankee Stadiums dimensions when they play in our ballpark. Just because no one said anything on this one platform (a not very active baseball forum) doesn't mean I can't address it. I can't imagine you're reaction if someone actually dared to say something negative about the Mets, Mets fans, or anything Mets that actually mattered. Maybe you should try and be a tad bit less sensitive. Or just avoid this thread during Yanks/Mets series.

If someone says something negative about the Mets or Mets fans, I address it where it is said. I don't go to other sites.

How can someone complain about dimensions? They are what they are.

If you haven'y figured it out, there are idiot Met fans, just like there are idiot Yankee fans. Address the people you are talking to, not people who are caught in your crossfire.

Can't we all get along?

CDdim3lUEAAd0hV.jpg

I often see Al Leiter at baseball tournaments for his son. His son is the same age as mine, and we run into their team often. He may be one of the most wound up dads I have seen. He is not overly in the game, but very anxious as he bounces balls on the concrete and paces. 

Nice guy.

Archived