In Defense of Geno Smith

oc_jet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless we trade for Glennon or miraculously Winston falls to is he's the starting qb week 1. Matt Moore, Jake Locker - Ryan Mallet those guys are attrocious

Mallet is interesting to me only because of Maccagnan's familiarity with him.

Given the dearth of talent at QB in either free agency or the draft, you have to expect Geno to be a front-runner for the starting job. Harsh reality, I know. Trades for Glennon or Foles just seem too expensive to see as potentialities, unless they dangle a guy like Coples... ? The team is already short two draft picks.

They traded for Marshall to provide their sub-par QB with a large, sure-handed target, knowing that this was their reality, IMHO.

Geno is probably in the best position to succeed in his career after this offseason, OL will be improved, a true #1 WR a progressed TE most likely in Amaro, an OC who runs an offense similar to Holgerson at WVU, Defense will also be much better in terms of turnovers I expect (how could it get worse than last year?). Plus, this is his third year and is now up to speed and familiar with the NFL game. Don't count out Geno in 2015, he could surprise everyone on this board.

this is all very true.  I wanna see Geno fail with weapons, what Idzik set him up with the past 2 years is a joke.

The romanticized hindsight that is following Geno after both of his horrendous seasons is starting to mirror that of Sanchez. Geno is trash and acted like an asshat this past season to boot. The dude is not qualified to be a starter in the NFL and sure as sh*t does not have the mental makeup to play in New York.

I totally agree with your statement. Geno needs to either sit a year or two and learn or go to Canada and gain some confidence.

Ha, ha. There's a few of these guys on this board, Tony the Wiz, Sar1, guys that if you looked at their histories, they were wrong like most of us are.

SAR1 thought that Matt Lienart should have been our QB at one time.

First of all I don't have a history on this board.  I started  on this board last year and I gave you my top players in each position.  So to say I was wrong on any pick is a miss service by yourself.  But people who do know me knows that I was very vocal and disturbed when the Jets picked Sanchez and Smith and now It seems like I know what I am talking about. Oh yeah the great Mel Kiper was insistent that Sanchez was a franchise QB and Geno was a first round worthy QB. Go after him.  You want to criticize me than do it in a few years after my review of  players I given you last year doesn't work out.   

Mallet is interesting to me only because of Maccagnan's familiarity with him.

Given the dearth of talent at QB in either free agency or the draft, you have to expect Geno to be a front-runner for the starting job. Harsh reality, I know. Trades for Glennon or Foles just seem too expensive to see as potentialities, unless they dangle a guy like Coples... ? The team is already short two draft picks.

They traded for Marshall to provide their sub-par QB with a large, sure-handed target, knowing that this was their reality, IMHO.

I wouldn't give up more than the 4th rd pick we're getting back for cutting Harvin for Nick Foles. I think his one year wonder was a product of Kelly's offense.

Glennon is available for a 3rd. This idea that the bucs are so desperate to have a backup/hold the fort guy for Winston is old. The bucs can sign a scrub like Matt Moore to do that and Winston will probably start week 1 anyway.

Archived