Happy So Far

Shockwave

Every Year this happens. 

Part Time players like Jeremy Parnell are getting paid more then Starters as hes getting over 6m a year. Hes only started a hand full of games in his career. 

Good Players like Jeremy Maclin are getting paid like GREAT players (11m per year). In his 5 years in the NFL he has ONE and ONLY one thousand yard season. 

And If you want a Great Player you need to break records to get him. Watching Suh get his reminds me so much of Haynesworth although hes a much better player. 

The consistently great teams in the league like NE, GB and Baltimore etc never partake in the first few days of FA. In my years as Jet fan the only time we made deals the first day were on Calvin Pace and Fanaca which were both ridiculous deals in hindsight. With a new Regime I was worried about this weekend - But I am already feeling that our new FO will be cool calm and collected. 

So I remind you that winning FA is usually a bad thing and there are going to be a bunch of bargains in the next few weeks. There are alot of good players still out there.  

Umm, Idxik was cool calm and collected. Not only did he not make moved in the first few days of FA, he didn't make any moves at all.

This team needs some sort if action, and not another GM that doesn't know what function a cornerback serves on a football team.

Umm, Idxik was cool calm and collected. Not only did he not make moved in the first few days of FA, he didn't make any moves at all.

This team needs some sort if action, and not another GM that doesn't know what function a cornerback serves on a football team.

Our GM just got us a HOF WR for a 5th. 

Jets fans have zero patience. I know, we haven't won anything in forever, still, sh*t hasn't even started yet. 

Jets fans have zero patience. I know, we haven't won anything in forever, still, sh*t hasn't even started yet. 

I think what's scaring fans (including me) isn't that we haven't signed anyone - it's the we have been "in play" for a number of guys - all who are seemingly going somewhere else.

Starting to get the feeling that we can't close....

Yes it's early and no need to panic or even worry but it does truly feel like it's Revis or bust.  Not a position you really want to be in...especially with a guy like Revis because he knows it.

You know what else happens every year? A couple fans approach this day with a zen like attitude while the front office watches everyone except one big name get taken out of the market. Then we sign one decent, dark horse player on a team friendly deal (see: Brenco Giacomini) which the taoists acclaim as a thoughtful cornerstone in a rebuild. Finish the rest of this for me. I was this guy last year. Fool me once.

The dude has only made one All-Pro team in 9 years and you think he's getting in to the HOF?

That's funny.

Agree to disagree. He can get another 300 receptions in the next 5 years and he'll be in the top 10. Aside from being a Jet now, I'm not sure why you're underrating him like that. Then again, I saw what you guys had to say about McCourty when it looked like he was going into FA. Now that he's not, he's good again or something. 

Agree to disagree. He can get another 300 receptions in the next 5 years and he'll be in the top 10. Aside from being a Jet now, I'm not sure why you're underrating him like that. then again, I saw what you guys had to say about McCourty when it looked like he was going into FA. Now that he's not, he's good again or something.

I'm not underrating him at all, I think he is a very good WR.

I just don't think he gets into the HOF.

Here we go again with this stuff. Is this real life or a recurring nightmare?

Lol....I'm not an over reactor but I have to admit this thread is eerily similar to last years

Edit I meant the free agency thread not this one

Listen, I've been a Jets fan for 35 years now, and have been beaten down by the fact that the Jets' FO has not made an intelligent move since Woody bought the team. I don't want to see asinine trades such as the one for Tim Tebow, and I don't want the FO to do nothing while marquee free agent after marquee free agent gets signed by other teams. There's a reason why Idzik was fired

Listen, I've been a Jets fan for 35 years now, and have been beaten down by the fact that the Jets' FO has not made an intelligent move since Woody bought the team. I don't want to see asinine trades such as the one for Tim Tebow, and I don't want the FO to do nothing while marquee free agent after marquee free agent gets signed by other teams. There's a reason why Idzik was fired

I'm the most cynical person I know. Are you really pissed off about Mac's moves?

you don't want to sign suh to 116 million, but the jets need to be bringing in top corners and if reports are true they are down to the 2nd tier again

revis is just using the jets, he will not sign here

Oops, you typed this too soon!

you don't want to sign suh to 116 million, but the jets need to be bringing in top corners and if reports are true they are down to the 2nd tier again

revis is just using the jets, he will not sign here

in my face !

Archived