Austin Davis

JohnnyLV

I think we should sign him. He looked very promising last year for St. Louis but was yanked the first time he had an off game.He had a good college career breaking many of Favre's records and Gailey might be able to develop him. Would be inexpensive to bring in as well. Much prefer a young guy with potential upside than  a retread veteran we already know sucks.

He'd be a more intriguing option than someone like Fitzpatrick, that's for sure. 

He has upside, and that's something the Jets should be looking for in bringing in a new QB, because that quality already makes someone a more attractive option than a lot of the retreads that have been heavily debated over the past few weeks.

Jim Thomas @jthom1 Mar 6

FB/TE Cory Harkey and QB Austin Davis both tendered at minimum level. ($1.542 million). Rams get matching rights but no compensation. . .

Wouldn't lose a pick to sign him. He is an RFA.

Yeah.  I was going to say that they tendered him at original draft pick level.  Being UDFA means no compensation.  Be interesting to see what happens with him.

Davis is going to be a good qb. Didn't know the rams only have matching rights I'm kind of pissed we didn't go after him.

Maybe we sign Davis and cut Geno.

Considering the lack of great QB prospects in this draft class (Bryce Petty is the only guy I like), I think it wouldn't be the worst idea to just sign Davis and try to develop him.

Considering the lack of great QB prospects in this draft class (Bryce Petty is the only guy I like), I think it wouldn't be the worst idea to just sign Davis and try to develop him.

Davis played well for a rookie last year despite having no good receivers to throw to and Idiot Schotty playcalling

He was not a rookie. He came out in 2012 and had cups of coffee with the Rams and Dolphins before he got to start last year.  They didn't pull him the first time he struggled.  He had a couple of big games and then fell off.  When they pulled him he had thrown 5 INTs and put up 34 points over 3 weeks (7-13-14)  He is not supposed to have a very strong arm and is more a mobile QB who didn't take snaps under center.  His numbers were not really any better than Shaun HIll.  Is that what you guys are looking for?  He is older than Geno with all of the same knocks and less upside. Interesting enough kid, but most of you guys just like him because you have not watched him.

PS:  Rams liked him so much they low tendered him and traded for Case Keenum. 

Archived