John Idzik

Tinstar

its like your kid getting and A+ in gym and failing every other class. there isn't much credit to be given

I have already don't this "well who did you want" argument to death thruout the year. no need to re-hash it. all the rebuttles are the same, anyways

1. he wanted to sign with his old team

2. he wanted to play for a winner

3. he doesn't fit the system

4.he just decided to sign with someone else

5. yadayadayada

you want to give him credit for Richardson? fine. you don't want to call the entire 2014 draft a bust? that's fine also. but to give him any other credit besides these 2 tidbits just seems like a really big reach

Huh ?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again one season is too early for me to judge  a draft class. But please let me not stop you from jumping to premature conclusions.

Who are the other 3 starters?????  Crickets....

But that's a draft from a different season. The draft which also got us some other players. Here is the thing, the way thinks look like Geno might still be the starting for this team. Winters and Bohannon are not going away unless last season injury rules them out from training camp or so on. If they are so goddamn awful or inconsequential why are they still in with a chance to be on this team ?   For the last time, those players are examples of why "starter" is not the barometer of a good or bad draft.  And the answer to your ridiculous question is that they are cheap.  What is the detriment to bringing back Winters as a camp body?  Obviously they do not view him as starter material because they signed a starter and brought back freaking Colon!  As of now, it looks like Aboushi and Dozier are better prospects than he is but to make that argument you would first have to know who they are.  If Geno was making more than 2nd round pick money he would be out on his rear too.  Bohannon's position is almost extinct in this league so there is no guarantee he will be back.  A person who claims to have the football knowledge you do should surely be able to understand this.

have already don't this "well who did you want" argument to death thruout the year. no need to re-hash it. all the rebuttles are the same, anyways 1. he wanted to sign with his old team 2. he wanted to play for a winner 3. he doesn't fit the system 4.he just decided to sign with someone else 5. yadayadayada

you asked who I would have signed. I said I don't feel like rehashing it again

its like your kid getting and A+ in gym and failing every other class. there isn't much credit to be given

you want to give idzik credit. I gave you an example of the kind of credit idzik deserves

Again one season is too early for me to judge  a draft class.

Who are the other 3 starters?????  Crickets....

Wow...do i have to spell out the obvious. I could name call here but nah....you are not worth it.

For the last time, those players are examples of why "starter" is not the barometer of a good or bad draft.  And the answer to your ridiculous question is that they are cheap.  What is the detriment to bringing back Winters as a camp body?  Obviously they do not view him as starter material because they signed a starter and brought back freaking Colon!  As of now, it looks like Aboushi and Dozier are better prospects than he is but to make that argument you would first have to know who they are. If Geno was making more than 2nd round pick money he would be out on his rear too Bohannon's position is almost extinct in this league so there is no guarantee he will be back.  A person who claims to have the football knowledge you do should surely be able to understand this.

So who drafted Aboushi and Dozier ?

But Geno is still on the rookie contract. So how could he be making anything more than 2nd round pick money ?

As far as FB position is concerned it does not matter what the league is doing. All that matter's is what the JETS are doing. Dunno Gailey's plan on this one but in the past so many years we have used this position heavily. That's probably why Bohannon was drafted in the first place because our offense needed a FB.

you asked who I would have signed. I said I don't feel like rehashing it again

you want to give idzik credit. I gave you an example of the kind of credit idzik deserves

You don't have feel the need to respond if you are at a point when this topic is like rehashing it again. You can just let go. Bye.

Here i was thinking the JETS were 6-10 when the previous GM took over.

Just like you don't have any indication he would have sat on the sidelines with all the cap and a decent FA class.

We still might get 4-5 starters from last year's draft. I am one of those people who do not give up on a draft class after the rookie season itself. So is it a bad draft if you get 4-5 starters out of it.

Surely you can't be serious...

Wow...do i have to spell out the obvious. I could name call here but nah....you are not worth it.  3 starters besides Pryor and Amaro from the 2014 draft class .... go.... it's funny because you kept whining about deflecting all while I was answering your stupid question and now that you don't have an answer to this, you just try to spin your way out of it.  It's sad....

So who drafted Aboushi and Dozier ?  Ah there you go, I have to feed you your material.  We don't know what they are yet so how does that help you? 

But Geno is still on the rookie contract. So how could he be making anything more than 2nd round pick money ?  Read it again, slapnuts, I said if he was making MORE than that, they would have cut him.... stay with me brother...

As far as FB position is concerned it does not matter what the league is doing. All that matter's is what the JETS are doing. Dunno Gailey's plan on this one but in the past so many years we have used this position heavily. That's probably why Bohannon was drafted in the first place because our offense needed a FB.  This again is where a little due diligence will keep you from embarrassing yourself.  Gailey runs a spread offense...hardly the ideal system for a 7th round fullback that is ordinary in all facets. 

Seriously, dude, take your tired pathetic act to a Jacksonville forum where you can tell them all about how amazing the guy in office 3F is and make them feel better about their team. 

Sadly they already spent up to the cap so they won't have any money when all these teams release their franchise QB's and teams will need cap space to sign them... that still may be your best argument yet.

You even know where he is. You must be obsessed. Why so ?

Apparently the sarcasm as it pertained to is ACTUAL OFFICE eluded you.. not surprised.....  I'm not the one in a tiny obnoxious minority touting a guy who will never see the position you claim he is great in again in his life.  2 years was all it took to show what a moron this guy was and he'll never get a GM job again... and you steadfastly and uninformedly champion him... very strange

Wow...do i have to spell out the obvious. I could name call here but nah....you are not worth it. 3 starters besides Pryor and Amaro from the 2014 draft class .... go.... it's funny because you kept whining about deflecting all while I was answering your stupid question and now that you don't have an answer to this, you just try to spin your way out of it. It's sad....

So who drafted Aboushi and Dozier ? Ah there you go, I have to feed you your material. We don't know what they are yet so how does that help you?

But Geno is still on the rookie contract. So how could he be making anything more than 2nd round pick money ? Read it again, slapnuts, I said if he was making MORE than that, they would have cut him.... stay with me brother...

As far as FB position is concerned it does not matter what the league is doing. All that matter's is what the JETS are doing. Dunno Gailey's plan on this one but in the past so many years we have used this position heavily. That's probably why Bohannon was drafted in the first place because our offense needed a FB. This again is where a little due diligence will keep you from embarrassing yourself. Gailey runs a spread offense...hardly the ideal system for a 7th round fullback that is ordinary in all facets.

:rl: :rl:

You completely missed the point.

But pray do tell me why would Geno be making more if he is still on a rookie contract. That's like saying if my aunt had a moustache she would be my uncle. It's sure is funny the first 4 times you hear it BUT not a factual statement. So why use it as one to make your lopsided point.

Apparently the sarcasm as it pertained to is ACTUAL OFFICE eluded you.. not surprised.....  I'm not the one in a tiny obnoxious minority touting a guy who will never see the position you claim he is great in again in his life.  2 years was all it took to show what a moron this guy was and he'll never get a GM job again... and you steadfastly and uninformedly champion him... very strange

So you do admit you like the comfort and safety provided in numbers,. Chorus boy!

:rl: :rl:

You completely missed the point.

But pray do tell me why would Geno be making more if he is still on a rookie contract. That's like saying if my aunt had a moustache she would be my uncle. It's sure is funny the first 4 times you hear it BUT not a factual statement. So why use it as one to make your lopsided point.

You have a serious comprehension block so even though I am happy to continue to refute your weak 4ss BS points, I acknowledge I will not be able to get very far.  You asked why these guys were being kept around if they are so bad  (following so far?)  I responded that they are only still around because they are cheap (thus Geno is only on a 2nd round contract).  If these guys were making more than 2nd or 3rd round rookie contract money, they would have been released.  I cannot imagine why it is so hard for you to follow that, but you have a man crush on the Rich Kotite of GM's so you can't be all there to begin with.

So you do admit you like the comfort and safety provided in numbers,. Chorus boy!

There you go Sparky!!! Stick with a winner.  Really, "chorus boy" is classic... so great.  Do you admit that you just like to be a pesky little contrarian and zig just for 5hits and giggles when everyone else zags?

There you go Sparky!!! Stick with a winner.  Really, "chorus boy" is classic... so great.  Do you admit that you just like to be a pesky little contrarian and zig just for 5hits and giggles when everyone else zags?

You need to stop imitating and mirroring me. It's pathetic.

But I am glad you like your name, chorus boy.

You have a serious comprehension block so even though I am happy to continue to refute your weak 4ss BS points, I acknowledge I will not be able to get very far.  You asked why these guys were being kept around if they are so bad  (following so far?)  I responded that they are only still around because they are cheap (thus Geno is only on a 2nd round contract).  If these guys were making more than 2nd or 3rd round rookie contract money, they would have been released.  I cannot imagine why it is so hard for you to follow that, but you have a man crush on the Rich Kotite of GM's so you can't be all there to begin with.

There you go again.

Rex would still be coach, everything else thus doesn't matter. We would perhaps be trading the 6th overall pick for Tyrod Taylor.

lol

I think Idzik would have thrown Rex's body into the East River if Woody even hinted at keeping him on another year.

Just for kicks, how different do you think this Jets offseason would have gone if Idzik was still GM?

The Jets would've been the team that traded for Sam Bradford. No way Idzik could pass on an injury history like that.

Archived