As geno goes... so goes the jets

njjetman

Gailey will make Geno a better QB this year. Our defense will not allow Geno to have to throw as much as he did last year. Run the rock, play defense and Geno won't have to be the savior.

How they gonna run with that suspect line and ave. backfield ? Teams are gonna stack the line against us.

How they gonna run with that suspect line and ave. backfield ? Teams are gonna stack the line against us.

So the top five rushing attack they had last year with the progression of their young guards and addition of a guy who opened up holes for Marshawn Lynch isn't a good rushing attack?

And look for them to add a good RB in the draft too.

If geno plays bad...no playoff

if geno plays average .... playoffs

if he plays good ... afc. Conference game

if he plays very good ... super bowl

we lost aprox. 5 to 7 games by 7 points or less

and our defence is much improved from last year.

Then we just wasted 50 million dollars or so all for nothing.  If everything hinges on geno we are screwed.

Some how these folks forgot that Chan had Tyler Freaking Thigpen as his qb and he had his best season of his career.  The Geno hate is just stupid; you would think that fans would WANT the guy to improve or at least see what Chan can do with him before they have him sh*t canned.   I am personally rooting for the guy because the alternatives are not really that exciting.

It is not hate but he is not a good or even average NFL QB. He is a sub par QB who as this franchise deserves way better.  

Geno has ALREADY lost the starting job to Fitzpatrick. Fitz KNOWS Gailey's system while Geno knows NO SYSTEM. Geno is dumb AND dumberer all in one.

Geno vs Fitzpatrick.  How to choose!?  How to choose?!  Such talent.  Are we not looking at Waterfield vs Van Brocklin pt.2 ????

No, it's Stopgap 1 vs Bust 1. The Jets WILL draft a QB to develop for the future. If they get Drew Brees then that future is in two years, if not it is one.

Problem with Geno is two fold...

1) Yes, he turns the ball over a lot - and that's enough to say he's not an NFL starting caliber QB

2) I and think even more important - he doesn't make enough plays.  Sure he throws completions - but he's often inaccurate and doesn't often enough make plays that make you say - wow!!! This kid can be good.  I've only seen a handful of those in the two years.   We should be seeing a handful of those a game.

What did Geno in for me was the NE game when he took a sack that put us out of FG range that would have WON THE GAME. A franchise QB knows you cannot take a sack there and yet he did not change a bad play at the line of scrimmage when everyone in the world watching knew the blitz was coming. Geno did not.

No, it's Stopgap 1 vs Bust 1. The Jets WILL draft a QB to develop for the future. If they get Drew Brees then that future is in two years, if not it is one.

I would love a trade for Brees but why mortgage our future when we have Geno to turn into the next Drew Brees?

draft Amari Cooper or KEvin White!

Fitz will be the starter.  Gene is done.  We'll draft a QB to sit on the bench for a year, maybe two, and learn the profession properly.

As soon as Geno's rookie contract is up he'll be cut.  Until then they'll keep him on the roster as a #2 or #3...

Geno has ALREADY lost the starting job to Fitzpatrick. Fitz KNOWS Gailey's system while Geno knows NO SYSTEM. Geno is dumb AND dumberer all in one.

If Fitz is such a big step up from Geno answer 1 question for me . Why is he now on his 6th NFL team ??

Good QB's are commodities , jourynmen like Fitz are exactly that for a reason , those expecting him to outright win the #1 may be very dissapointed. 

What did Geno in for me was the NE game when he took a sack that put us out of FG range that would have WON THE GAME. A franchise QB knows you cannot take a sack there and yet he did not change a bad play at the line of scrimmage when everyone in the world watching knew the blitz was coming. Geno did not.

I know coaches aren't on the field , but coaching goes a long way in preparing a player for those exact situations. I saw too many instances of "stupid" play from many Jet players including Geno last year. Gives me hope that perhaps a clean sweep of the coaching staff may be just what the doctor ordered.  If you tell me his physical skills couldn't cut it  - then I'd agree with giving up on him, when its the mental and coachable aspects I can't but all the blame on the player.

There is zero chance Geno is starting this year....and lets hope I am 100% correct.

Archived