JN 2nd Mock draft sign up sheet

Dcat

I wanted to separate this from the 1st mock discussion thread, because there may be some who don't know about doing another one.

In the second mock, we will permit trades and have all the comp picks available on google docs in a brilliant spreadsheet put together by a few people here but perfected by Lith.

The rules will be similar to the 1st mock with these changes (quoting Lith):

• 3 hour time slot for a pick -- if you can't make a pick in 3 hours, you are probably not going to make it in 4.  
  • You must PM whoever is on deck to let him/her know that their team is On The Clock.
  • Trades are permitted but must be verified by both parties before the time limit is up for that pick. You can use the trade value chart numbers that Lith has included in the spreadsheet to help you with trades.
  • The mock will run from 8 am to 11 pm EDT.  The earliest you can be required to pick with the 3 hour window is 11 am which is not too early.
  • When someone misses their pick, they need to PM the commish to confirm that they are still involved.  No PM received, Commish makes the pick next time around with little/no delay.
  • Tracking sheet will be created and managed mostly by Lith.  Makes it a lot easier to track picks, players, time on clock, etc. Check out the Hampur spreadsheet and don't forget to look at the tabs at the bottom.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NFAdj-F0AhZVebSNNPj68g2IoiU-Be3xbFyObCqIvyA/edit#gid=713868968 Awesome job there.  It has the draft value table to help us with trades. It has positional rankings. You can click the tab to sort by teams so you can assess each team's draft as it goes along and predict the needs of the teams going to pick before or after you.  
  • I will need a partner to moderate this.  Here's my problem... I teach at night many weeknights from 6 - 10pm and I cannot take a break to tend to our draft.  I also have a very sick inlaw and we travel to the hospital from NJ to LI and out of respect for my wife and family, I will not fiddle around on my phone during these visits.  This will go easier with a tag team approach.  Lith already volunteered to maintain the spreadsheet, which is a huge help.  Can anyone else step in for the blocks of time I am unavailable?    I can be the daytime/weekend/and late night moderator as well as some Mon-Thu weeknights when I am not teaching.  I will let you know the evenings when I need you to step in.
  • Draft will officially begin on Friday, April 10th if that's ok with everyone.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edited: 4/5/15

Teams still available:

Miami, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Oakland, San Diego

Philadelphia, Dallas, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Arizona

Assigned teams:

Lith:    Kansas City, Indianapolis

AVM:    Washington, Carolina

32EBoozer:    NY Jets, Tampa Bay

JayKwaz:    Chicago, St. Louis

Villain The Foe:    Tennessee, Jacksonville

Patman:    New England, San Francisco

NYJetsVets91:    Houston, Seattle

Dcat:    Pittsburgh, Denver

Prime21:     NY Giants

#27Dominator:    Baltimore

Ghost:    Cleveland

Hess Station:    Atlanta

Brick Tamland:    New Orleans

Senor Gato:

JetsCanes331:

Link to JN April 2015 Mock Draft spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1noxFAav64fJ9QOM65DcBFI0AbPMr-xaJou8m5m_pqds/edit#gid=2107347926

Hey, can I get this pinned please?

Thanks in advance!

Once we get it all set up, we can unpin this thread.  During the mock, we'll need just 2 pinned threads, one for selection and the other for discussion.  Position rankings and selected players will all be accesible on the spreadsheet.

I'll take Tom Shane's Jets picks and Tampa Bay Picks!!

Lith explained the 3 hour pick rule. That will keep this draft from going 3 weeks!! Count me in.

adding you to the list.  No guarantee you get Jets.  Several people have asked. 

Please PM me with the number of teams you want and your preferences for which teams.  I will sort them out on Sunday night and assign everyone their teams, trying to be fair.  So please provide me with an alternate or two if you don't get your 1st choice. I will try to give everyone their 1st choice if possible.  But, be advised that  I've already decided to give T0m Shane the NY Jets as a reward for having moderated the first mock with all of its initial difficulty.  (T0m is out).  Also, giving Lith his teams of choice as a reward for the spreadsheet maintenance.  It would be wise to have a few people with a single team so they can step in and take over for any GM who can't or won't finish up.

GM                           # of teams    Teams requested (teams to be allocated Sunday night)

NYJetsVets91                  2            Jets, Texans, Saints, Seahawks

AVM                                   2            Redskins, Panthers      

Dcat                                   2           Jets 

#27Dominator                  2           Ravens

Prime21                                         Giants

Lith                                    2           Chiefs, Colts (teams awarded)

Senor Gato                           

JetsCanes331                     

Brick Tamland                               Saints                                                                      

Hess Station                                                                      

Ghost                                1          Browns

JayKwaz                           2                                                                                

32EBoozer                       2          Jets, Buccaneers, Rams

I see the Jets fix is in. If I don't get the Jets, give me St Louis Rams!

• I will need a partner to moderate this.  Here's my problem... I teach at night many weeknights from 6 - 10pm and I cannot take a break to tend to our draft.  I also have a very sick inlaw and we travel to the hospital from NJ to LI and out of respect for my wife and family, I will not fiddle around on my phone during these visits.  This will go easier with a tag team approach.  Lith already volunteered to maintain the spreadsheet, which is a huge help.  Can anyone else step in for the blocks of time I am unavailable?    I can be the daytime/weekend/and late night moderator as well as some Mon-Thu weeknights when I am not teaching.  I will let you know the evenings when I need you to step in.

I can try... Will it be 6-10 eastern? also, will it be every week day?

I live a very boring life. Home every night for dinner and relaxing with the wife and kids.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Of course this is all predicated on me getting the Jets for the mock draft!! :sign0151:

I live a very boring life. Home every night for dinner and relaxing with the wife and kids.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Of course this is all predicated on me getting the Jets for the mock draft!! :sign0151:

Your enthusiasm is impressing me!  Don't stop!

Your enthusiasm is impressing me!  Don't stop!

OK! This one puts me over the top! Grew up in Kinnelon (Smoke Rise) just down the road from Sparta.

I too was alive for SB III( 6 yrs. old)

I've been practicing the Jets pick over 100 X on first-pick.com and Fanspeak Draft Simulator!

It will be an EPIC failure on your part to award the Jets to anyone else. The fate of the NY Jets Franchise, JN and civilization as we know it

could be irrevocably damaged in this universe and other parallel universes!

That's all I got. :strip:( and of course a little nudity never hurts a sales job)

If you are going to help out, I can give you editing rights to the spreadsheet -- send me a PM with your email ID and I can set it up.

I'll take the Falcons and the Patriots

If i can jump in, I would like to do the pats.

edit, after reviewing the patriot picks on the hampur draft for that version, If I am not picked I will believe It is another anti-pats conspiracy by kensil 

These are the team requests so far.  We need a few more people.  If there is/are no team(s) request next to your name, please PM me your preferences and how many teams you want.

Please PM me with the number of teams you want and your preferences for which teams.  I will sort them out on Sunday night and assign everyone their teams, trying to be fair.  So please provide me with an alternate or two if you don't get your 1st choice. I will try to give everyone their 1st choice if possible. Giving Lith his teams of choice as a reward for the spreadsheet maintenance.  It would be wise to have a few people with a single team so they can step in and take over for any GM who can't or won't finish up.

GM                           # of teams    Teams requested (teams to be allocated Sunday night)

NYJetsVets91                  2            Jets, Texans, Saints, Seahawks

AVM                                   2            Redskins, Panthers      

Dcat                                   2           Jets 

#27Dominator                  2           Ravens

Prime21                                         Giants

Lith                                    2           Chiefs, Colts (teams awarded)

Senor Gato                           

JetsCanes331                     

Brick Tamland                               Saints                                                                      

Hess Station                                                                      

Ghost                                1          Browns

JayKwaz                           2                                                                                

32EBoozer                       2          Jets, Buccaneers

VillainTheFoe

Patman                             1          Patriots

Dcat, I could take a 2nd team, Being semi-retired has its benefits.

Archived