Breaking Bad Mafia - Game Over

Nolder

All I got was a link and an x-shot (which I'll keep to myself at this point).  I didn't die and all I got was "action failed" so I assumed Ape was scum but Nolder didn't kill me for guessing wrong.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Neighborizer&redirect=no#Variations

So you don't have mod confirmation whether trying to masonize scum will kill you? That's a horrible way to live. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Nolder is using the only version of this role I've ever seen, then if I'm scum, JC should have died. So, there's that. This is also why I thought it would work with Leelou the best. It says nothing about masonizing other power roles. 

The logic of a unvetted masonizer targeting an uncountered cop is actually spot on. Where's JC, why isn't he giving you guys details on how his role works? Why aren't you guys asking him the right questions?

Instead your going to put the ball in his court and let him choose who he targets and announce it, which allows scum to form plan. Maybe because I know I'm town, I'm having a very hard time not looking at this suspiciously... 

I don't like it cause he could be lying and you are giving him an excuse to visit her and be covered if town has a tracker..

If he masonizes with anyone and they confirm it, the truth will come out eventually.. Stop trying to rush a decision on it tomorrow, instead of running down the hill to **** one cow, walk down and **** them all

I hate Nolder.  

I'm sorry.  I hate him too right now because I'd like to have the Ape situation cleared up. I recently had the Hider role where I would die if I hid behind a mafia target OR behind mafia. I somehow avoided all the vig shots and nk on N1. Very stressful.

Omw to work now but read up from last night. Can't hate the decision to lynch Doggin there but him flipping survivor is interesting looking at Crusher's claim as well - which I don't see the point of him doing otherwise it was legit.

Not really buying into JC's claim but I'm happy to let him vet himself since Masons are good roles for town when it comes to lynch order. The part that makes me not believe it is that I know he had this role recently with the action that he'd die if he failed to Masonize. There's more possibilities than Ape being scum for why his claimed shot didn't work but I feel from his pov he wouldn't went harder at Ape sooner because there's a good chance he'd be scum.

@Pac - Nyn doesn't need defending lol. She's a big girl but I'm happy to point out how your vote sucks because it carries bad reasoning and its on someone who is playing on their town game over players who you should have better reasons to be voting. Re: stance on JC lynch - your stance was that you acted oblivious to the case and why he was ran up, voted elsewhere for sh*tty reasons, and later give yourself a caveat to move back to JC when it looked like he was gonna be the de facto lynch. This looks bad on your regardless of JC's actual alignment, ftr.

That's all from me now - I'll check in again on my lunch break in a few hours.

All I got was a link and an x-shot (which I'll keep to myself at this point).  I didn't die and all I got was "action failed" so I assumed Ape was scum but Nolder didn't kill me for guessing wrong.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Neighborizer&redirect=no#Variations

Bullsh*t. 

Moderator not telling you whether or not you die if targeting scum is like bastard modding. You'd have to know, because it has a distinct impact on how the role gets played, and how the balance of the game is weighted out... a masonizer that dies when targeting scum is a form of investigative role. A masonizer that doesn't die when targeting scum, is much less powerful. 

Same goes for power roles. You haven't weighed in on whether your action works against power roles or not. You should.

If you knew that power roles could result in an "action failed", then you should have included that in your reveal. It's very anti-town to omit that. I could easily have been town PR. 

If you knew power roles would NOT result in "action failed", then you would have known I was scum and come at me immediately. The way you played doesn't support knowing this.

If you didn't know that power roles could result in an "action failed", then you would have probably still come at me assuming I'm scum based on your night action. Instead, you only decided I was scum after you had to OMGUS vote me and make up a false-meta scum tell on me. 

Long story short, nothing about how you played before your reveal supports the role you have, with or without an understanding of how it works. 

You're lying.

I don't like it cause he could be lying and you are giving him an excuse to visit her and be covered if town has a tracker..

If he masonizes with anyone and they confirm it, the truth will come out eventually.. Stop trying to rush a decision on it tomorrow, instead of running down the hill to **** one cow, walk down and **** them all

lol, alright... yeah, you're right

also, he's lying... prod him more about how the role works, then weigh what he says he knew about the role with what he was doing before he had to make up the reveal... he's scum

Bullsh*t. 

Moderator not telling you whether or not you die if targeting scum is like bastard modding. You'd have to know, because it has a distinct impact on how the role gets played, and how the balance of the game is weighted out... a masonizer that dies when targeting scum is a form of investigative role. A masonizer that doesn't die when targeting scum, is much less powerful. 

Same goes for power roles. You haven't weighed in on whether your action works against power roles or not. You should.

If you knew that power roles could result in an "action failed", then you should have included that in your reveal. It's very anti-town to omit that. I could easily have been town PR. 

If you knew power roles would NOT result in "action failed", then you would have known I was scum and come at me immediately. The way you played doesn't support knowing this.

If you didn't know that power roles could result in an "action failed", then you would have probably still come at me assuming I'm scum based on your night action. Instead, you only decided I was scum after you had to OMGUS vote me and make up a false-meta scum tell on me. 

Long story short, nothing about how you played before your reveal supports the role you have, with or without an understanding of how it works. 

You're lying.

Sorry I cannot provide the PM but this is what I got.  You are scum.  So GFY!

lol, alright... yeah, you're right

also, he's lying... prod him more about how the role works, then weigh what he says he knew about the role with what he was doing before he had to make up the reveal... he's scum

yeah, he's probably lying but no reason not to allow him the chance to vet himself ....

@Pac - Nyn doesn't need defending lol. She's a big girl but I'm happy to point out how your vote sucks because it carries bad reasoning and its on someone who is playing on their town game over players who you should have better reasons to be voting. Re: stance on JC lynch - your stance was that you acted oblivious to the case and why he was ran up, voted elsewhere for sh*tty reasons, and later give yourself a caveat to move back to JC when it looked like he was gonna be the de facto lynch. This looks bad on your regardless of JC's actual alignment, ftr.

Ok so you've obviously played mafia but not on JN.  I don't want to give you a full lesson on types of mafia players but the short version is there are some who take an analytical approach, some who are all instinct, and advanced players like myself who utilize both.

The Nyn vote, which I STILL feel confident about, falls into the feel category.  I'll explain it if I'm alive tomorrow but no need to do it now.

I, like others, ignored the JC run up because Apes case was stupid.  I've said at least 5 times that his play yesterday and today is why I've reversed course.  The fact that you are creating my position and insisting Nyn is town makes you someone I intend on keeping my eye on.

If you're scum you're kind of messing with the wrong person.  Just letting you know.

yeah, he's probably lying but no reason not to allow him the chance to vet himself ....

Agreed.

Also Ape is saying what I said in a more long winded fashion.

At work now so I'll be back later. Ciao

Ok so you've obviously played mafia but not on JN.  I don't want to give you a full lesson on types of mafia players but the short version is there are some who take an analytical approach, some who are all instinct, and advanced players like myself who utilize both.

The Nyn vote, which I STILL feel confident about, falls into the feel category.  I'll explain it if I'm alive tomorrow but no need to do it now.

I, like others, ignored the JC run up because Apes case was stupid.  I've said at least 5 times that his play yesterday and today is why I've reversed course.  The fact that you are creating my position and insisting Nyn is town makes you someone I intend on keeping my eye on.

If you're scum you're kind of messing with the wrong person.  Just letting you know.

lol, obvious scum is obvious

JC, Pac, 80 and Lily feels about right... but it can't be that easy. 

Let's focus on JC for now, then unpack the rest once we know more... if JC is roleblocker or godfather, then it'll shed light on whether or not scum would have come out of the woodwork to try and save his ass.

lol, obvious scum is obvious

I hope you're doing that thing where fighting with me keeps you alive..  because if you're town and have convinced yourself I'm scum then your game has regressed in a major way.

I hope you're doing that thing where fighting with me keeps you alive..  because if you're town and have convinced yourself I'm scum then your game has regressed in a major way.

-200,000,000 is regressed from -100,000,000

JC, Pac, 80 and Lily feels about right... but it can't be that easy. 

Let's focus on JC for now, then unpack the rest once we know more... if JC is roleblocker or godfather, then it'll shed light on whether or not scum would have come out of the woodwork to try and save his ass.

I wouldn't be half surprised. The way he nudged to be viewed reeks. 

I'm a new Ape. My play speaks for itself... as does your constant need to try and prove you're better than me. We'll see where the chips fall.

I'm a new Ape. My play speaks for itself... as does your constant need to try and prove you're better than me. We'll see where the chips fall.

he was better then you last game, that's for sure

Archived