Im really impressed with Todd Bowles.

Villain The Foe

You've been saying that for months because Rex has been your head coach for months. 

Look, you're a Bills fan so this is expected from you. But take it from a Jets fan who's gone through over a half decade watching this man disregard the offense and in close games watch him make the same coaching mistakes on third down bringing the same blitz that everyone (especially the Ravens) knew was coming. Rex Ryan is a mouth piece and lovable guy, but if your offensive coordinator cannot get this offense clicking to put alot of points on the board do not not expect to win alot of games. 

Rex Ryan is a 1 track head coach. He didnt make half time adjustments here, especially on the offensive side of the ball. He's emotional to a fault and soon you'll get tired of the mouth piece and occasional tears he'll shed and you'll see what most of us have been talking about. 

The Bills will most likely have a respectable year this year, maybe even next but when its time for those draft picks that he's picked to begin filling in for those old vets you're going to watch first hand as your beloved bills erode from the inside out. Trust me. 

A Jet fan told you so. 

I'll trust Rex's decision for defense plays.  I am pretty confident that he's going to let Greg Roman call the O plays.  Regarding future players,  Doug Whaley will have to put his blessing on the players.  Whaley is a sharp man.  

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well so far,  we signed up for a coach that helped break a record for season tickets sales. There's also a sellout of all tickets with the exception of the Jets on January 3, 2016.On a personal note,  thank you for not feeling sorry for me.  I'm not a pitiful person by any stretch of the word.  Just a diehard fan.  

This is the equivalent of a new TV show getting some top hollywood director to do the pilot episode.  Sure the pilot will be amazing but the rest of the show season will suck and the viewers will stop watching.  I see Rextown is already polluting your mind Jeanie unfortunately :(  

The only thing you should care about when it comes to season ticket sales is winning.  That is the only method for sustainable ticket sales.  

This Jeanie guy sounds like me circa 2011-12 when the trainwreck was first starting to take shape.....how naive, believing in the big bluster known as Rex Ryan...

Rex is truly a great salesman no doubt about it....

Greg Roman will be the latest in the Rex scapegoat saga come December just wait and see....

You never eat ice cream during the winter?  Just because eskimos have a lot of snow around them doesn't mean it's flavorful.  I'm sure eskimos appreciate a good ice cream every now and again.  Honestly, I don't know what you were thinking with this point.  Downvoted.

You my good sir need to make some ice cream and not buy it in the store to realize you don't make it with ice :)  I know the name can be misleading.

Finally a New York Jets coach that preaches discipline. This proves to me that Bowles will be successful in his tenure as New York Jets head coach. Already he is demanding the most out of his players unlike the previous regime under Rex Ryan. I hope that Bowles really pushes this team to the limit of winning significantly.

If Rex Ryan was still here he would of gone easy on everyone and ended practice. Bowles made them do sprints which tells me that he is taking coaching very seriously. I can't wait for the beginning of the Bowles era because I believe it's not going to be disappointing which will be a relief and probably more winning seasons ahead.Thank goodness Bowles isn't into the predictions of Super Bowls during training camp like Rex Ryan was which ultimately made Rex a laughing stock in the NFL. It's Playoffs or Bust this season. Lets Go Jets! In Todd Bowles we trust!

I like Todd Bowles.  he's a respectable man.  Thought his move to have the team do sprints was outstanding.  

This is the equivalent of a new TV show getting some top hollywood director to do the pilot episode.  Sure the pilot will be amazing but the rest of the show season will suck and the viewers will stop watching.  I see Rextown is already polluting your mind Jeanie unfortunately :(

The only thing you should care about when it comes to season ticket sales is winning.  That is the only method for sustainable ticket sales.  

JetsfaninNE:  I am concerned about winning.  Since the season hasn't started,  I just thought I would note what Rex has done for the team so far.  I am pretty confident that our team will make the playoffs this year. At least,  that what it looks like to me on paper.  After a 15 year drought,  I am obviously in the wait and see mode but much more optimistic than I have been in the past.

Everybody beat the Jets in 2007 except the Fins(lost twice) and the Steelers and Chiefs who both lost in overtime.. :winking0001:

Savage:  I was just being a wise guy (girl) with this post.  JetNut asked me when Rex Ryan ever beat the Jets so I just thought I'd throw this in there  :winking0001:

This Jeanie guy sounds like me circa 2011-12 when the trainwreck was first starting to take shape.....how naive, believing in the big bluster known as Rex Ryan...

Rex is truly a great salesman no doubt about it....

Greg Roman will be the latest in the Rex scapegoat saga come December just wait and see....

Jeanie is not a guy -  I'm a woman.  Things are different here.  What you will see is how a team will do with Rex Ryan when everyone (front office, etc) is on the same page.  

Yea he helped us sell some PSL's too.....but how do you as a fan directly benefit from this? 

You don't know what you signed up for on the field....nice try running away from that one. I see the trainwreck coming from a mile away and no QB on your roster can save you....

Everybody is talking about our QB.  Rex walked into this mess.  He didn't hand this obstacle to us.  Remember Orton retired and there wasn't a decent QB available this year.

Everybody is talking about our QB.  Rex walked into this mess.  He didn't hand this obstacle to us.  Remember Orton retired and there wasn't a decent QB available this year.

And when Rex came to the Jets Favre said he was retiring Tanny released him and he went to the Vikings.. While the Rex haters do have a valid point on his lack of offensive interest, I would like to see what he could do with competent QB play.. When the Tuna didn't have it in 1999 the Jets started 1-6.. The Jets had just Clemens on the roster who was going into his 4th year.. What's funny is Mangini gets no blame for him not developing yet Rex gets blamed as a QB killer when the haters say he pays no attention to the offense.. :animal0029:

Jeanie is not a guy -  I'm a woman.  Things are different here.  What you will see is how a team will do with Rex Ryan when everyone (front office, etc) is on the same page.  

my apologies ma'am. 

in 2011, and 2012 Rex and Tannenbaum we're butt buddies. 8-8 and 6-10 respectively....

Well Matt Cassell is a vet so maybe Rex won't break out the color coded, Red light green light system???  :confused0082:

That's all I got...

Please stick around till December...would love to ask you your opinion of Greg Roman at that time....

And when Rex came to the Jets Favre said he was retiring Tanny released him and he went to the Vikings.. While the Rex haters do have a valid point on his lack of offensive interest, I would like to see what he could do with competent QB play.. When the Tuna didn't have it in 1999 the Jets started 1-6.. The Jets had just Clemens on the roster who was going into his 4th year.. What's funny is Mangini gets no blame for him not developing yet Rex gets blamed as a QB killer when the haters say he pays no attention to the offense.. :animal0029:

I try not to let posts bother me but some of the comments about Rex are downright depressing.  I can understand the fan base disappointment.  You came off of a pretty bad year -  Lord knows we (Bills) had our share.  But gee!!!!  Marrone wasn't very well liked when he left the Bills and yes there were some negative comments.  The negativity seemed to subside when Rex came.  Marrone's departure (after Rex's hire) was looked upon as a blessing in disguise.  Back to the game plays -  I think Greg Roman will be pretty much in charge of our O Line.  I have a lot of respect for Roman.  I think he can develop a QB that will get us to the playoffs.

I'll trust Rex's decision for defense plays.  I am pretty confident that he's going to let Greg Roman call the O plays.  Regarding future players,  Doug Whaley will have to put his blessing on the players.  Whaley is a sharp man.  

Oh, no doubt Greg Roman will be calling the plays. However, if you guys cant get a viable QB in there and are only depending on McCoy and Fred Jackson to make it happen for you behind that decent but not great Oline then you have another thing coming. 

Of the rival teams in this division, I've never had a dislike for the Bills, they remind me alot of the Jets especially after the Jim Kelly era. All im saying is that you need to keep a level head about your head coach. Most Jets fans dont hate Rex, but he's been our coach long enough to see his faults. You have a young talented offense but good vets on the defensive side of the ball. All im saying is that Rex has a history or squandering offensive talent and not being able to replace defensive talent outside of the D'line. 

my apologies ma'am. 

in 2011, and 2012 Rex and Tannenbaum we're butt buddies. 8-8 and 6-10 respectively....

No apologies necessary Carlito.  

I think I have a good read on Doug Whaley.  When it comes to his job,  the friendship ends and the job begins.  I think the poor relationship between Whaley and Marrone caused Marrone to jump ship.

Well Matt Cassell is a vet so maybe Rex won't break out the color coded, Red light green light system???  :confused0082:

That's all I got...

Please stick around till December...would love to ask you your opinion of Greg Roman at that time....

What's your take on Greg Roman?  

I try not to let posts bother me but some of the comments about Rex are downright depressing.  I can understand the fan base disappointment.  You came off of a pretty bad year -  Lord knows we (Bills) had our share.  But gee!!!!  Marrone wasn't very well liked when he left the Bills and yes there were some negative comments.  They negativity seemed to subside when Rex came.  Marrone's departure (after Rex's hire) was looked upon as a blessing in disguise.  Back to the game plays -  I think Greg Roman will be pretty much in charge of our O Line.  I have a lot of respect for Roman.  I think he can develop a QB that will get us to the playoffs.

Most Jet fans especially SOJF's live on misery.. Rex is a very optimistic person so what made it worse is when the Jets made the AFCCG in the first 2 years it got some of them to hope a tiny bit.. When things went south now they hated him even more for getting them to believe a tiny bit.. Rex does over praise his players that's just who he is.. That's why I have compared his style to that of a fan who always over values his teams players..

What's your take on Greg Roman?  

Dont know much about him. Not sure if that 9er's offensive success was due to him or the Michigan man. Either way, Roman has a TON of talent to work with. Your QB situation is just terrible though. If you guys can get just an average QB on that team I couldnt disagree if you said that the Bills have a legit shot at winning the division. That offense (minus the Oline) looks special on paper. 

Dont know much about him. Not sure if that 9er's offensive success was due to him or the Michigan man. Either way, Roman has a TON of talent to work with. Your QB situation is just terrible though. If you guys can get just an average QB on that team I couldnt disagree if you said that the Bills have a legit shot at winning the division. That offense (minus the Oline) looks special on paper. 

MG to Bills=Super Bowl guaranteed.. :winking0001:

Yes, our QB situation is a difficult one.  I've heard some good things about all 3.  For a while (even before practice started)  many thought Tyrod Taylor would be our starter.  Lately,  it seems like Matt Cassel is getting alot of press.  I still have hopes for EJ Manuel (really love this kid) but at this point,  it's looking pretty dim.  Keep hoping that someone will pop up like Orton did last season but that doesn't look too good at this point either. 

Thank god for Bowles' structure, discipline, and leadership! If it weren't for him, we'd have locker room brawls and QBs getting injured! 

He is the anti-rex!

Bills fan here.  I like Todd Bowles.  I think he will do well by the Jets but as a fan on the opposing team,  I hope not too well LOL

I think he's a decent offensive mind, just like Marty Morninweg was before coming to NY....

I've only read about Greg Roman, never really followed him.  I like what I've read.  As a Bills' fan,  I look forward to see some of his playbook on the field.  Only saw one during practice so far but only been to one practice.

Archived