JetBlue

Rivers had #1 D that year, couldn't make playoffs in weak division

Schaub led Hou to 6 wins

Eli threw 25 INts including 4 in the game that determined their playoff fate

Freeman beat bad teams, didn't show up when it mattered most

Flacco was similar

cassell was product of weak division

Orton :animal0029:  

Remember, mark got 2 bogus INts credited to him against Gb or his #s look much better.  he also led 4-5 late game comebacks.  he made plays when they mattered most unlike many of the guys on those top 10 stat lists.

You asked a question and I answered it?? Did I pick the wrong era?? Can't be you asked for that year..LOL

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny the most td's thrown in any season since Vinny's 29 was Sanchez at 26 in 2011.. So did that mean Herm and Mangini hated offense also?? BTW leading the league in rushing is still part of the offense I think?? :animal0029:

Mangini hated offense too but he was more methodical and organized about hating the offense.

name me 10 better from 2010?

Since you seem to enjoy putting short time periods of good or bad play under the microscope to determine whether or not a QB is any good, Mark Sanchez threw 8 TD's and zero INT's in weeks 1-5 in 2010, after that, he threw 9 TD's and 13 INT's...had a few good weeks and his defense and running game had to carry him after that.  Also lost three games in which the defense allowed ten points or less...in 2010, not 1910. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Jets go undefeated in games in which they allow 10 points or fewer this season.

Since you seem to enjoy putting short time periods of good or bad play under the microscope to determine whether or not a QB is any good, Mark Sanchez threw 8 TD's and zero INT's in weeks 1-5 in 2010, after that, he threw 9 TD's and 13 INT's...had a few good weeks and his defense and running game had to carry him after that.  Also lost three games in which the defense allowed ten points or less...in 2010, not 1910.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Jets go undefeated in games in which they allow 10 points or fewer this season.

LOL

D allowed a million 3rd and longs in 10-9 loss to Baltimore

windy weather dictated the Gb game and he had 2 bogus INts credited to him that swung that game

the Miami game Holmes dropped a wide open TD in a 4 pt loss.

after the first 5 games he laso led late game wins over Det, Cle, hou, etc... then had a GW drive in the playoffs and outplayed Brady in the div rd before bringing us back from 24 down at Pitt to give us a chance before the D blew it.

windy weather dictated the Gb game and he had 2 bogus INts credited to him that swung that game

after the first 5 games he laso led late game wins over Det, Cle, hou, etc... then had a GW drive in the playoffs and outplayed Brady in the div rd before bringing us back from 24 down at Pitt to give us a chance before the D blew it.

Yep...D had the nerve to give up points in an NFL game...in some cases up to TEN!!

The D shut out Pitt in the 2nd half in that playoff game.. Plus if Sanchez didn't fumble in the first half that was returned for a TD he wouldn't have to come back from 24 down.. I'm starting to think you like Mark better then Chad.. :blink:

And in 2015 he's a ******* backup to Sam 'Crazy Legs' Bradford.

Give it a rest already. Jesus.

The defense was minus-15 against the Pittsburgh offense that day, just needed their "top 10 quarterback" to net 16 points...too much to ask.

Yay, another mindless drivel post about how Rex conspired to have a bad offense because he didn't replace Mark Sanchez in 2012 (even though he did).  He should have never turned down the offer from the Packers to trade us Aaron Rodgers for a 5th round pick.

Didn't  stop Rex from stockpilling #1 picks for the only side of the ball he cared about - the D.  Hmm his Oline went downhill G&P didn't work and what a surprise his QB couldn't produce anymore. Rex is and always will be a one trick pony.

Didn't  stop Rex from stockpilling #1 picks for the only side of the ball he cared about - the D.  Hmm his Oline went downhill G&P didn't work and what a surprise his QB couldn't produce anymore. Rex is and always will be a one trick pony.

And this year was on Rex as well I suppose?? :animal0029:

The D shut out Pitt in the 2nd half in that playoff game.. Plus if Sanchez didn't fumble in the first half that was returned for a TD he wouldn't have to come back from 24 down.. I'm starting to think you like Mark better then Chad.. :blink:

the D set the tone for that D allowing Pitt to run all over them on that opening long drive.  If mark doesn't fumble(and I think it should have been an incomplete pass) we punt from deep in our territory and Pitt would have scored at least a FG going up 20-0 at least at the half.  we went into the half down 24-3.  that 1 pt didn't cost us the game.  he led us back to 24-19 w/ plenty of time left and our "elite" D allowed Pitt to run out the clock.

The defense was minus-15 against the Pittsburgh offense that day, just needed their "top 10 quarterback" to net 16 points...too much to ask.

w/ the game on the line and plenty of time they allowed Pitt to run out the clock.  we were in it b/c of Mark and the O.

And in 2015 he's a ******* backup to Sam 'Crazy Legs' Bradford.

Give it a rest already. Jesus.

That's TBD but when he took over for Foles the O scored almost a Td more per game last year.  I do know he's better than any QB we have.

2014 or this year 2015. 2014 w/o a doubt, the defensive mastermind couldn't function w/o true #1's at CB. But hey give him #1 picks and top FA's in every position and he can whip up a mighty good defense.

the D set the tone for that D allowing Pitt to run all over them on that opening long drive.  If mark doesn't fumble(and I think it should have been an incomplete pass) we punt from deep in our territory and Pitt would have scored at least a FG going up 20-0 at least at the half.  we went into the half down 24-3.  that 1 pt didn't cost us the game.  he led us back to 24-19 w/ plenty of time left and our "elite" D allowed Pitt to run out the clock.

To be truthful he lead it back to 24-17 or are you giving him credit for the safety the D scored??

The way things have gone since Mac and Bowles took over, I think they printed out the top complaints about Rex during his time here and decided to do those same things just to bust chops.

- Tons of people wanted Willie Colon gone because he epitomized the lack of discipline instilled by Rex and he was only here because Rex was a buffoon...they re-sign Willie Colon.

- Too many first-round picks wasted on defense, specifically D-linemen....they go D-line in the first round.

- Showed incompetence by telling Coples he'd take him if he was there...after being taken in the 1st round, Williams says Bowles told him he'd take him if he was there

- Players were out of control and the inmates were running the asylum...in two weeks the new group has had two incidents immeasurably worse than anything that happened in the past....forever?

I do like Bowles a lot though...he's handled this adversity as well as anyone could have asked. 

w/ the game on the line and plenty of time they allowed Pitt to run out the clock.  we were in it b/c of Mark and the O.

Sanchez was unable to net 16 points....top-10 QB....right.

2014 or this year 2015. 2014 w/o a doubt, the defensive mastermind couldn't function w/o true #1's at CB. But hey give him #1 picks and top FA's in every position and he can whip up a mighty good defense.

And look what Bowles has this year I guess if Fitz plays just so-so we make the AFCCG then..

And look what Bowles has this year I guess if Fitz plays just so-so we make the AFCCG then..

Yep....more talent on this team than Rex ever had with the lone exception being O-line...rather than having the best unit in the NFL, it'll likely be top 12ish.  Every other area though...much better team.

Steelers 34 minutes TOP , 10 rushing first downs - yep Sanchez' fault.

16 points was all they asked him to net.....get us sixteen points without handing any points to the opponent and we go to the super bowl....too tall an order for Sanchez.  Defense's fault for thinking he could lead them to two TD's and a FG.

16 points was all they asked him to net.....get us sixteen points without handing any points to the opponent and we go to the super bowl....too tall an order for Sanchez.  Defense's fault for thinking he could lead them to two TD's and a FG.

Again the Steelers controlled the game from the get go . All on Rex's vaunted D.

Anyway guys...welcome to 2015....our roster is better from top to bottom than it was in 2010, and our QB will probably throw more TD's than INT's while managing to complete more than 55% of his passes....life is good.

Again the Steelers controlled the game from the get go . All on Rex's vaunted D.

They gave up 17 points and got two back on a safety.  Total of fifteen points in one of the toughest road stadiums in the NFL...how'd Sanchez do in that first half?  Gave the Steelers 7  points and only got the Jets 3.  In all reality it was the defenses fault for not being perfect, that was the only way they were going to overcome having Sanchez at quarterback.

But as I said...2015 now...can't wait for tomorrow night.

They gave up 17 points and got two back on a safety.  Total of fifteen points in one of the toughest road stadiums in the NFL...how'd Sanchez do in that first half?  Gave the Steelers 7  points and only got the Jets 3.  In all reality it was the defenses fault for not being perfect, that was the only way they were going to overcome having Sanchez at quarterback.

After the O drove 90 yards to the 1 and couldn't punch it in from 1 yard out . Then the D got the safety.  Yep I'm done on to 2015.

Please stop.  they got 2 back, the O failing to get a yard set up Pitt on their 1 and they fumbled a snap. 

The D was run all over in the 1st half, the 3 pts at the end of the half were huge and the first drive of the 2nd got us back in the game.  The game got w/in a score and when the Pitt O needed to make plays they did.  The 2nd half they were playing tentative w/ a big lead but when they needed it they got it on our overrated D.

Again, had he not fumbled(and I think it was a pass) Pitt gets the ball near midfield and at least gets a FG.  so we go in down 20-0 instead of 24-3.  a 1 pt difference.  that FG gave us a little momentum.

The D came out flat and allowed Pitt to push them around then when it was a 5 pt game w/ plenty of time they allowed Pitt to run out the clock.

Please stop.  they got 2 back, the O failing to get a yard set up Pitt on their 1 and they fumbled a snap. 

The D was run all over in the 1st half, the 3 pts at the end of the half were huge and the first drive of the 2nd got us back in the game.  The game got w/in a score and when the Pitt O needed to make plays they did.  The 2nd half they were playing tentative w/ a big lead but when they needed it they got it on our overrated D.

Again, had he not fumbled(and I think it was a pass) Pitt gets the ball near midfield and at least gets a FG.  so we go in down 20-0 instead of 24-3.  a 1 pt difference.  that FG gave us a little momentum.

The D came out flat and allowed Pitt to push them around then when it was a 5 pt game w/ plenty of time they allowed Pitt to run out the clock.

16 points....wasn't good enough to net 16 points...scored more points for Pittsburgh than than he did for the  jets in the first half...totally the defenses falut.  How could Sanchez be expected to execute with Bart Scott missing tackles?  He sucked and that's why he's a backup.

2015 starts tomorrow and Sanchez is not a Jet...good times!

Archived