5 Things to Know about New Jets QB FitzPatrick

JetBlue

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said "turnovers".  Add the 8 fumbles into the equation.

I will never add fumbles. QBs get blame for picks, they're mostly on the QB. There's too many variables to blame QBs for fumbLes, even when they're on the QB.

if you get into someones face,pointing your finger in their face, and ask what are you going to do about it, I wouldn't consider that "suddenly,without warning and without apparent provocation". this is quite a reach here

1. Bowles said more than once he didn't put a finger in his face.

2. No one said he told IK what are you going to do about it.

3. Since neither warrants a punch it's still a sucker punch

1. Bowles said more than once he didn't put a finger in his face.

2. No one said he told IK what are you going to do about it.

3. Since neither warrants a punch it's still a sucker punch

1. other(s) have said that he did

2. not what I heard

3. sounds to me that you think every punch is a sucker punch

Bowles wasn't there..

Neither were you.

If we're just going to say whatever we want to make a point there's no point to any of this. Have to go by what is released. Not getting you point. You think Bowles is just making it up?

16 points was all they asked him to net.....get us sixteen points without handing any points to the opponent and we go to the super bowl....too tall an order for Sanchez.  Defense's fault for thinking he could lead them to two TD's and a FG.

this is such a silly way to look at it.  He brought the team back w/in 5.  the D needed ONE stop, could have allowed one first down but not 2.  They allowed 2 and the game was over.

I will never add fumbles. QBs get blame for picks, they're mostly on the QB. There's too many variables to blame QBs for fumbLes, even when they're on the QB.

Of course you can blame QB's for fumbles, are you insane?  Especially when they happen like this:

ScreenShot2013-09-29at6.19.02PM_crop_nor

We've already had people here trying to defend picks by our QB's because WR's supposedly ran the wrong route or couldn't get separation or whatever nonsense (conveniently ignoring the many dropped picks), and now we're going to excuse our QB's for fumbles too?  F*ckin hilarious.

Of course you can blame QB's for fumbles, are you insane?  Especially when they happen like this:

We've already had people here trying to defend picks by our QB's because WR's supposedly ran the wrong route or couldn't get separation or whatever nonsense (conveniently ignoring the many dropped picks), and now we're going to excuse our QB's for fumbles too?  F*ckin hilarious.

Some are, can't you read, I said some are but there are more variables than ints. It's not complicated and didn't need a picture. Not F*ckin hilarious to someone who actually understands the game as opposed to reading stat sheets.

Some are, can't you read, I said some are but there are more variables than ints.

Fumbles are actually just as easy, if not moreso, to pin on the QB than INT's.  It's pretty clear that our QB's over the years have had a problem with the "mental clock" and hold onto the ball too long.  When you give up a strip sack, it's on the QB.  It's not like RB's where the defender makes a great play to pop the ball out.  By and large QB fumbles are more preventable.

Nice condescension though.

Neither were you.

If we're just going to say whatever we want to make a point there's no point to any of this. Have to go by what is released. Not getting you point. You think Bowles is just making it up?

But you were so we go by what you say?? LOL You were never this argumentative on JI..

Fumbles are actually just as easy, if not moreso, to pin on the QB than INT's.  It's pretty clear that our QB's over the years have had a problem with the "mental clock" and hold onto the ball too long.  When you give up a strip sack, it's on the QB.  It's not like RB's where the defender makes a great play to pop the ball out.  By and large QB fumbles are more preventable.

Nice condescension though.

Sh1t here we go, 100 posts blaming getting hit and dropping he ball, every time, on the one getting hit. Forget it whatever you believe, done.

15034948-mmmain.jpg458172474-quarterback-michael-vick-of-th

Sh1t here we go, 100 posts blaming getting hit and dropping he ball, every time, on the one getting hit. Forget it whatever you believe, done.

There's a reason the good/great QB's don't get hit.  Either learn to make a pre-snap read or get rid of the ball, Sanchez/Geno.

But you were so we go by what you say?? LOL You were never this argumentative on JI..

You're right. we shouldn't go by what was reported. We'll assume Bowles made it all up, he didn't get his info from people inside the room. Therefore I was wrong to go by the only person who commented on who did or dint pick up a finger.

It's not argumentative to go by the reports given. It is to just be contrary to what was reported.

You're right. we shouldn't go by what was reported. We'll assume Bowles made it all up, he didn't get his info from people inside the room. Therefore I was wrong to go by the only person who commented on who did or dint pick up a finger.

It's not argumentative to go by the reports given. It is to just be contrary to what was reported.

It was reported that Geno went to IK or did you hear something different??

It was reported that Geno went to IK or did you hear something different??

Didn't hear that, one way another. Did hear Bowles, when asked about his he finger say it didn't happen. After talking to those who were in the locker room at the time of the incident.

Okay here is the first of many Fitz articles..... 

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/52922/five-things-to-know-about-new-jets-starting-qb-ryan-fitzpatrick

Geno Smith out, Ryan Fitzpatrick in.

After a sucker punch from now ex-teammate IK Enemkpali broke Smith’s jaw in a locker room altercation, there will be yet another new quarterback in the AFC East -- and he will be a familiar face to the rest of the division.

Here’s what you need to know about Fitzpatrick:

1. He might have eventually started for the Jets, anyway: Smith was having a strong training camp and was the Jets’ starter entering this season, but that doesn’t mean Fitzpatrick was out of the equation. The Jets’ long-term outlook at quarterback was still unsettled and Fitzpatrick was expected to be an option to start if Smith struggled through the early part of the season. Smith ended last season with a 44.3 QBR, ranked 26th among 33 qualifying NFL quarterbacks.

3. Fitzpatrick and Chan Gailey have worked together before: Fitzpatrick’s best seasons came when he started for the Buffalo Bills with current Jets offensive coordinator Chan Gailey as his head coach. Fitzpatrick’s loose playing style and Gailey’s passing-based, spread offense resulted in Fitzpatrick throwing for 3,832 yards and 24 touchdowns in 2011, when the Bills started the season 4-2. Fitzpatrick earned a big contract extension in October 2011, but the move backfired for Buffalo. Fitzpatrick, an often reckless passer who was prone to interceptions, was released by the Bills after a 6-10 season in 2012.

5. He’s eight months removed from a broken leg: Fitzpatrick’s season ended when he broke his leg in a loss to the Indianapolis Colts last December. He went 6-6 as the Houston Texans’ starter and was traded to the Jets this past offseason.

7. He went to Harvard: Fitzpatrick is one of a small group of NFL players to hail from Harvard. Not surprisingly, his Wonderlic score reflects his education: he had a near-perfect score, but left one question on the test blank.

9. His beard lives on: Fitzpatrick is known for his bushy beard, which remained intact as the Jets began training camp last month. He still has a ways to go before it reaches Brett Keisel length, however.

I just heard a quote today that's just mind boggling. 

How about erasing that #7 Harvard statement and replacing it with this. 

Should Fitz start week 1 this will be his 6th team that he starts for. Since the NFL merger, Fitzpatrick is the only QB ever to start for atleast 5 different teams and have a winning record with none of them

I cant right now. That one literally blew my mind. I've always known about the most wins in a season was 6. but this dude's level of failure is historic...literally. 

Speak for yourself. I think it's the best thing that could of happened.

Best thing that could've happened is Fitz is superior and won the job and we have a healthy Geno as a backup and IK continues to contribute and develop as a Jet.

This is not the best thing ever. Not by a long shot.

Best thing that could've happened is Fitz is superior and won the job and we have a healthy Geno as a backup and IK continues to contribute and develop as a Jet.

This is not the best thing ever. Not by a long shot.

Yea it is. This season is nothing more then seeing if the coaching staff is good and which rookie is worth keeping. Geno is not the answer. He never was and never will be. Wasting time having him play is pointless. See if Petty can play if he can't draft a QB with the top ten pick next year. Fitz is nothing more then a QB to give Petty a chance to get ready to start.

Geno is and always has been obsolete.

No other choice if it were my call id hand he ball the Petty 

Nah, JW, we need a professional QB. Petty needs time, I think. If there is anything to the "ruin a guy" theory, I'd rather not risk it with him. He's got all the physical tools you can ask for and seems to be a natural leader. Did you watch the video? lol

Archived