5 Things to Know about New Jets QB FitzPatrick

JetBlue

Bills defense during Fitzpatrick's reign: (PPG)

2010: 28th

2011: 30th

2012: 26th

But Fitzpatrick was the only reason the Bills lost.

you guys keep deflecting.  show me one post where I said it was all on Fitz?

and you don't think Fitz had anything to do w/ those D rankings?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's realistic to expect Fitzpatrick to be in plenty of situations in which the Jets have the lead or are in a tie game if their defense is as good as advertised.

In those situations throughout his career, he has thrown 51 TD's to 22 INT's with a 61% comp pct.

Geno Smith when playing with the lead or a tie has 9 TD's to 10 INT's with a 57% comp pct.

where are those #s coming from?  how many wins? how many plays that contributed to wins? how many negative plays that prevented wins?

We were the number one D in 2009 Sanchez had 12 tds and 20 picks did he have something positive to do with the number 1 ranking??

where are those #s coming from?  how many wins? how many plays that contributed to wins? how many negative plays that prevented wins?

How many wins...very few because his football team was terrible when he was not.

We were the number one D in 2009 Sanchez had 12 tds and 20 picks did he have something positive to do with the number 1 ranking??

Sanchez was MUCH better than those #s, 15 of those INts came in 4 games.  he ahd a few brutal games but overall played well.

The D was very good but not great.  Great D's close out games, those Ds couldn't and they got stomped on w/ a double digit lead in the title game.

Good point....I just looked it up and Fitz didn't make a single impact play on defense during that entire stretch.

How many wins...very few because his football team was terrible when he was not.

at 5-2 in 2011 w/ the teamn feeling great he led his Os to:

11 pts(8 in garbage time)

in 3 losses to get them back to .500

if he wasn't terrible, what was he?

folks- it's about more than meaningless fantasy 3s.Look at how #s were accumulated more than the accumulations.

it's much more than pick 6's, TOs in general, not getting 1st downs, not leading O to pts in certain situations.  there's much more to it than just a pick 6.

In 2011, the Bills were an average offense. 14th in points scored, 14th in first downs. Our offense has been in the high twenties. I'll take an average offense any day of the week

Sanchez was MUCH better than those #s, 15 of those INts came in 4 games.  he ahd a few brutal games but overall played well.

The D was very good but not great.  Great D's close out games, those Ds couldn't and they got stomped on w/ a double digit lead in the title game.

Much better?  In the modern NFL, he threw more than one TD on two occasions...and both times he topped out at two.  Yes, through an entire sixteen game NFL season in the 2000's, a quarterback started every game and didn't manage to throw three touchdowns one time...not once.  Also failed to complete 60% of his passes 13 times, completing fewer than 55% six times. 

Overall played well...LOL

In 2011, the Bills were an average offense. 14th in points scored, 14th in first downs. Our offense has been in the high twenties. I'll take an average offense any day of the week

we were top 10 in pts scored in 2011 and finished 8-8.  It's not always about rankings but I agree w/ the premise.  I want at least an average offense which is something we haven't had since 2011.

folks- it's about more than meaningless fantasy 3s.Look at how #s were accumulated more than the accumulations.

2 Fourth quarter comebacks and two game winning drives that season.

7 4QC and 9 game winning drives in his career. And yet he doesn't perform at the big stage.

LOL...but Sanchez "played well"....welcome to the board Mark...good luck in Philly.

Much better?  In the modern NFL, he threw more than one TD on two occasions...and both times he topped out at two.  Yes, through an entire sixteen game NFL season in the 2000's, a quarterback started every game and didn't manage to throw three touchdowns one time...not once.  Also failed to complete 60% of his passes 13 times, completing fewer than 55% six times. 

Overall played well...LOL

you focus too much on meaningless fantasy #s.  15 of his 20 INts came in 4 games.  in his other 11 he only threw 5.  he was good for a rookie then stepped up in postseason and played big for us.  we don't make that title game w/o his quality play in postseason.

So what's your prediction once Fitz gets his starts with the jets?  Nine PPG average?  Do they break double-digits at any point?

you focus too much on meaningless fantasy #s.  15 of his 20 INts came in 4 games.  in his other 11 he only threw 5.  he was good for a rookie then stepped up in postseason and played big for us.  we don't make that title game w/o his quality play in postseason.

So you're telling me that he worst QB in the NFL was good, and a guy who was clearly a middle of the road QB was bad.  Gotcha.

2 Fourth quarter comebacks and two game winning drives that season.

7 4QC and 9 game winning drives in his career. And yet he doesn't perform at the big stage.

Geno is far fewer games has 3 4QC and 7 GW drives.  has he performed on the big stage? geno has had 29 starts, Fitz 89.  50 more starts and has 4 more 4QCs and 2 more GW drives.

Mark Sanchez played five games in which he threw zero touchdowns that year, and topped 60% three times.  They dragged him to the post-season kicking and screaming, then ran the ball every single time they could so he wouldn't have a chance to blow it. 

So you're telling me that he worst QB in the NFL was good, and a guy who was clearly a middle of the road QB was bad.  Gotcha.

Mark was not the worst QB in the league except for maybe 2012 when he had no help.  he was a top 10ish QB in 2010.  MUCH better than the overrated Fitz but fans are wowed by meaningless fantasy #s.

Mark was not the worst QB in the league except for maybe 2012 when he had no help.  he was a top 10ish QB in 2010.  MUCH better than the overrated Fitz but fans are wowed by meaningless fantasy #s.

Of course...fantasy numbers...because they never happened.  Mark Sanchez was  never a top-10 QB in his own division.

That's...  just silly.

Top 10ish?   If by ish you mean top 27.

1.  Bowles said, twice, he didn't put his finger in IKs face.  He also added that it wouldn't have made a difference 

2.  sucker punch

transitive verb

: to hit (a person) suddenly and usually without any obvious reason

Full Definition of SUCKER PUNCH
:  to punch (a person) suddenly without warning and often without apparent provocation

No one, Geno or whoever was in the locker expect a punch to fly.  Sucker punch

if you get into someones face,pointing your finger in their face, and ask what are you going to do about it, I wouldn't consider that "suddenly,without warning and without apparent provocation". this is quite a reach here

Mark Sanchez played five games in which he threw zero touchdowns that year, and topped 60% three times.  They dragged him to the post-season kicking and screaming, then ran the ball every single time they could so he wouldn't have a chance to blow it. 

running game was so overrated.  mark made plays.  that season he was more along for the ride than 2010 but he was still vital to reaching the title game.

In 2011 the Jets were 13th in points scored.. I think when Chad was QB the best we did was 15th.. Vinny on the other hand was 5th in 1998..

name me 10 better from 2010?

Passing Yds 1. Philip Rivers* · SDG 4710 2. Peyton Manning* · IND 4700 3. Drew Brees* · NOR 4620 4. Matt Schaub · HOU 4370 5. Eli Manning · NYG 4002 6. Carson Palmer · CIN 3970 7. Aaron Rodgers · GNB 3922 8. Tom Brady*+ · NWE 3900 9. Matt Ryan* · ATL 3705 10. Kyle Orton · DEN 3653

Passing TD 1. Tom Brady*+ · NWE 36 2. Drew Brees* · NOR 33   Peyton Manning* · IND 33 4. Eli Manning · NYG 31 5. Philip Rivers* · SDG 30 6. Aaron Rodgers · GNB 28   Matt Ryan* · ATL 28 8. Matt Cassel* · KAN 27 9. Carson Palmer · CIN 26 10. Joe Flacco · BAL 25   Josh Freeman · TAM 25

Passer Rating 1. Tom Brady*+ · NWE 111.0 2. Philip Rivers* · SDG 101.8 3. Aaron Rodgers · GNB 101.2 4. Michael Vick* · PHI 100.2 5. Ben Roethlisberger · PIT 97.0 6. Josh Freeman · TAM 95.9 7. Joe Flacco · BAL 93.6 8. Matt Cassel* · KAN 93.0 9. Matt Schaub · HOU 92.0 10. Peyton Manning* · IND 91.9

We had a coach who exiled offense , why doesn't anyone comprehend that. Fitz with Rex as HC would have been flaming hot garbage, now he's just steaming hot garbage.

We had a coach who exiled offense , why doesn't anyone comprehend that. Fitz with Rex as HC would have been flaming hot garbage, now he's just steaming hot garbage.

Yay, another mindless drivel post about how Rex conspired to have a bad offense because he didn't replace Mark Sanchez in 2012 (even though he did).  He should have never turned down the offer from the Packers to trade us Aaron Rodgers for a 5th round pick.

Funny the most td's thrown in any season since Vinny's 29 was Sanchez at 26 in 2011.. So did that mean Herm and Mangini hated offense also?? BTW leading the league in rushing is still part of the offense I think?? :animal0029:

Passing Yds 1. Philip Rivers* · SDG 4710 2. Peyton Manning* · IND 4700 3. Drew Brees* · NOR 4620 4. Matt Schaub · HOU 4370 5. Eli Manning · NYG 4002 6. Carson Palmer · CIN 3970 7. Aaron Rodgers · GNB 3922 8. Tom Brady*+ · NWE 3900 9. Matt Ryan* · ATL 3705 10. Kyle Orton · DEN 3653

Passing TD 1. Tom Brady*+ · NWE 36 2. Drew Brees* · NOR 33   Peyton Manning* · IND 33 4. Eli Manning · NYG 31 5. Philip Rivers* · SDG 30 6. Aaron Rodgers · GNB 28   Matt Ryan* · ATL 28 8. Matt Cassel* · KAN 27 9. Carson Palmer · CIN 26 10. Joe Flacco · BAL 25   Josh Freeman · TAM 25

Passer Rating 1. Tom Brady*+ · NWE 111.0 2. Philip Rivers* · SDG 101.8 3. Aaron Rodgers · GNB 101.2 4. Michael Vick* · PHI 100.2 5. Ben Roethlisberger · PIT 97.0 6. Josh Freeman · TAM 95.9 7. Joe Flacco · BAL 93.6 8. Matt Cassel* · KAN 93.0 9. Matt Schaub · HOU 92.0 10. Peyton Manning* · IND 91.9

Rivers had #1 D that year, couldn't make playoffs in weak division

Schaub led Hou to 6 wins

Eli threw 25 INts including 4 in the game that determined their playoff fate

Freeman beat bad teams, didn't show up when it mattered most

Flacco was similar

cassell was product of weak division

Orton :animal0029:  

Remember, mark got 2 bogus INts credited to him against Gb or his #s look much better.  he also led 4-5 late game comebacks.  he made plays when they mattered most unlike many of the guys on those top 10 stat lists.

Funny the most td's thrown in any season since Vinny's 29 was Sanchez at 26 in 2011.. So did that mean Herm and Mangini hated offense also?? BTW leading the league in rushing is still part of the offense I think?? :animal0029:

mark set franchise record for most total Tds that year adding 6 rush TDs

Archived