Jets \ Falcons: Preseason Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And whats good for the goose is good for the gander. I really dont know what that hillbilly saying is...but...

How about petty playing with the 1st string o line and decker and marshall?

How about giving up the goofy questions, he's not playing with ones this preseason.

Decker and Marshall won't play week 4

Was at the game.

6 takeaways...

A.    Williams is a beast and is something special.

B.    Petty looked sharper and more composed than last week.

C.    Marshall looked good.

D.    Galley needs to throw it downfield more to spread the defense.

When Fitz was at QB, he didn't throw any passes more than 10 yards.

E.     Special teams needs work on both sides of the ball.

F.     17 penalties is way too much.

Was at the game.

4 takeaways...

A. Williams is a beast and is something special.

B. Petty looked sharper and more composed than last week.

C. Marshall looked good.

D. Galley needs to throw it downfield more to spread the defense.

Agreed. And for gods sake each throw he made ....it was wobbly with zero velocity. Am I lying?

Was at the game.

6 takeaways...

A.    Williams is a beast and is something special.

B.    Petty looked sharper and more composed than last week.

C.    Marshall looked good.

D.    Galley needs to throw it downfield more to spread the defense.

E.     Special teams needs work on both sides of the ball.

F.     17 penalties is way too much.

Fitz can't throw it downfield. He doesn't throw it downfield in practice either.

Nope, meant vs the giants. If Fitz can't generate any offense in 3 or 4 series, I wouldn't be surprised to see Petty in there.

That's not what you said.....doesn't make a difference, he's not cutting Fitz short to see what Petty can do.

Seriously......ive never seen fitz just read every tweet n training camp report. But man his arm strength, while always being questioned, looked way worse than reported to me. It was like a girl in junior high school passing a note to her slutty friend

Learn the game, then call someone Nostradamus

You are overly confident son. Ive been watching this team since 84. Fitz hss the all time ugliest thriws ive ever seen a jet qb make. Hands down. Ok ugly or not if it moves the chais fine but you my friend are waaaay to confident in his abilitues, imh opinion

That's going to be an issue.

Have to spread out that defense or else they will cheat and we will be prone to picks.

For a few games it shouldn't be that much of an issue. Hell Tannyhill dinks and dunks all season a,year ago.

That's not what you said.....doesn't make a difference, he's not cutting Fitz short to see what Petty can do.

Yeah it is what I said. But no sense discussing grammar.

If Fitz continues to be inept, I believe Bowels may throw Petty out there late in the 2nd or early 3rd quarter. (During week 3.)

You are overly confident son. Ive been watching this team since 84. Fitz hss the all time ugliest thriws ive ever seen a jet qb make. Hands down. Ok ugly or not if it moves the chais fine but you my friend are waaaay to confident in his abilitues, imh opinion

Lol, 1984? Son, priceless.

All time worst throws? You also said the defense sucked for giving up 80 yards. And Petty could start.

Has not a thing to do with Fitz. Petty a not starting this year.

Seriously......ive never seen fitz just read every tweet n training camp report. But man his arm strength, while always being questioned, looked way worse than reported to me. It was like a girl in junior high school passing a note to her slutty friend

Now I know you're just talking out your ass, that was reported almost verbatim on Cimini's feed the other day.

If Fitz continues to be inept, I believe Bowels may throw Petty out there late in the 2nd or early 3rd quarter. (During week 3.)

Fitzpatrick is the starting QB. If he struggles early next week, why take him out when he's going to be starting week 1? Get him more reps with the 1st team guys. No sense in taking away valuable reps for Petty who will be on the sideline all year, where he should be. 

And you're wrong. No matter how many times you say it. Fitz needs his work. It's more important than making paranoid fans happy.

Fitzpatrick is the starting QB. If he struggles early next week, why take him out when he's going to be starting week 1? Get him more reps with the 1st team guys. No sense in taking away valuable reps for Petty who will be on the sideline all year, where he should be. 

Would normally agree with you.  But Fitz has looked like poop.  Again, I hope he shows something next week.  If not though, him starting week one shouldn't be a given.

Hey all I know is this; ( listen up jetnut)

The all time best coach of my time wss a guy nsmed bill parcells. You know what he was famous for? Playing the guy at each position who did the best regardless of status. It worked. Chevk his rings....

Im not saying petty is better than fitz but what I do know is fitz thows the lamest girly balls ive ever seen. Maybe petty ciuld fo better. Not saying he is or will be better but the possibility is open to me.

LOL. You do realize he's still not 100%, coming off his broken leg which is hurting his fastball.

Would normally agree with you.  But Fitz has looked like poop.  Again, I hope he shows something next week.  If not though, him starting week one shouldn't be a given.

Yeah, there it is. Go for it. Petty may start week 1.

Hey all I know is this; ( listen up jetnut)

The all time best coach of my time wss a guy nsmed bill parcells. You know what he was famous for? Playing the guy at each position who did the best regardless of status. It worked. Chevk his rings....

Im not saying petty is better than fitz but what I do know is fitz thows the lamest girly balls ive ever seen. Maybe petty ciuld fo better. Not saying he is or will be better but the possibility is open to me.

So you obviously don't know Parcells. He would never, ever start Petty over Fitz. He was also very famous for benching Simms over Brunner.

He also said rookies cost you wins.

Archived