Twas the night before Christmas...

EM31

Pre-draft, draft, OTAs, training camp, preseason and now it counts.

I am excited and carefully optimistic.

I think we are a better, more talented team overall and I have high hopes the game day coaching will be better than it was with Rex.

The defense has a ridiculous amount of real and potential talent and the new coach knows defense.  It is hard to be anything but positive here.

While there has been disagreement about our QB and the future may hold more conversations about Geno, this week we are all Fans of the starting team and that means we are all fans of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

May Ivory please stay healthy because there is a very big drop-off IMO from Ivory to Powell and I am a fan of Powell.

The Browns are a good test to see if we can get out of the "cellar" conversation and I bet that Cleveland fans look at the Jets the same way.  As a way to get respect.   "Hey at least we are better than them"

Home opener, signs are positive...

Go Jets !!

It does feel like the night before Christmas. I seriously can't wait for the game.

Gonna try and sleep late, stay busy doing some yard work and then throw the ball around with my son all in an effort to make the time go by quickly so the damn game can start.

I feel better than most out there about our team this year and if we can limit the turnovers on Offense and grab a few on defense for a change I think we have enough talent to compete for a playoff spot.

Let the Todd Bowles era begin!

I absolutely love the Jets openers. New season, new hope & optimism. I actually get a little butterflies at kickoff, silly but true. What I'm most interested in seeing is Fitzpatrick. I know he's nothing special but I have a feeling he's smarter & more consistent than the jokers we've been trotting out there the last 6 years.

We all might be shocked at how decent we can look with just average QB play. When have we had a QB ranked middle of the pack?

Archived