TY Hilton injured today

Jet in PA

It's not "pussification" per se.

The Union wanted less preperation time.  Less prep = more early injuries.  

Players get what (their Union) wanted.

It was the Players Union. Blame them.

I never said it wasn't the Union, but the owners are the ones its going to come back on.  The Union is forking out millions of dollars.  However, I am sure the owners looked at it as protecting their investments at the time as well.  The whole league is behind changing the physicality of the game, from the league to the union to the owners.

These injuries happen  because these guys are bigger, stronger, faster than ever before. That leads to greater impacts and more injuries. If they practiced more, or less, it wouldn't make a difference. 

Disagree. I think it contributes, but there would be less injuries if they practiced more especially early.

These injuries happen  because these guys are bigger, stronger, faster than ever before. That leads to greater impacts and more injuries. If they practiced more, or less, it wouldn't make a difference. 

Disagree. I think it contributes, but there would be less injuries if they practiced more especially early.

Maybe its just brutal sport. We've seen careers end on the playing field and on the practice field. This is just that type of sport. 20 years ago you could actually take off during the offseason, today football is a year round job and you have to stay in tip top shape. It just comes down to the physicality. 

Archived