NFL injuries affecting all the teams

faba

Monday NFL injury updates

8m

• Cowboys WR Dez Bryant out 4-6 weeks
  • Redskins WR DeSean Jackson out 3-4 weeks, per ESPN's Adam Schefter
  • Cardinals RB Andre Ellington playing in 2 to 3 weeks, per ESPN's Josina Anderson:
  • Raiders QB Derek Carr to miss Week 2, per ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

8m

• Cardinals RB Andre Ellington playing in 2 to 3 weeks, per ESPN's Josina Anderson:

I guess I should add some Pats onto my fantasy teams if I really want bad things to happen to them.

8m

Oh wow. The NFC East just got a lot more realistic for the Eagles.

Predictable CBA ramifications.

Less training, less difficult, less conditioning, less contact in camp = more injuries in the regular season.

TLDR:  Alot of players are simply not physically ready for real games by Week 1 and they get hurt easier.

I kind of subscribe to this as well.

THat said, I'd like to see some before and after #s. 

8m

At least another week of McGroin?  Poor Raiders.

Predictable CBA ramifications.

Less training, less difficult, less conditioning, less contact in camp = more injuries in the regular season.

TLDR:  Alot of players are simply not physically ready for real games by Week 1 and they get hurt easier.

While I don't disagree that this is among the reasons we are seeing a lot of injuries it's not as though the players cannot engage their own conditioning programs in the offseasons. They can afford gym memberships and trainers.

We can also look at sports medicine creating players who are stronger and bigger. That means harder hits but also players who are carrying more muscle than their bodies might be designed to support and putting unnecessary strain on the body's support structure.

Another potential issue is the move away from helmet hits is directing players to hit the legs more and those hits that previously caused concussions are now causing leg injuries.

While I don't disagree that this is among the reasons we are seeing a lot of injuries it's not as though the players cannot engage their own conditioning programs in the offseasons. They can afford gym memberships and trainers.

We can also look at sports medicine creating players who are stronger and bigger. That means harder hits but also players who are carrying more muscle than their bodies might be designed to support and putting unnecessary strain on the body's support structure.

Another potential issue is the move away from helmet hits is directing players to hit the legs more and those hits that previously caused concussions are now causing leg injuries.

Even Leonard Williams said Pro camp was easy compared to college where they still do 2 a days..

Archived