David Harris in Coverage

smaxor5

I just want to take a minute to praise how unbelievable David Harris is playing.  I'm not exactly sure what he did over the offseason but he is as fast as I've EVER seen him be in a Jets uniform.  He was running step for step with Sproles on that drop (his positioning actually shielded sproles from seeing the ball which may have caused the drop in the first place).  I'm very impressed. As of right now he has a PFF coverage grade of 4.2, good for 1st among all ILBs...next highest grade is 2.5.  This truly has been a Reniassance season for the hitman.

Does anyone have any idea what he did over the offseason!?

Harris is definitely playing well, but he also definitely got beat on that play, and the only reason Sproles dropped it is that he just dropped it; no credit to Harris on that one.

The exception might be if we learned Harris yelled "LOOK OUT!" at Sproles and as a result he lost concentration. That's literally the only way Harris would get any credit for that drop. By the time the ball arrived he was too far away to play a factor in it otherwise.

But he has caused a couple of key turnovers, which was great to see. He did almost up the Gore fumble for us, but it's a fumble and the ball bounces around in all directions so it's hard to get on him for that. Then again, his miff on it may have been the reason Revis recovered it a few inches back and therefore made it a touchback lol.

Harris has been great this season and seems to work really well in tandem with Davis.

Definitely agree we should never have an ILB covering a guy that fast.

The other thread that I wanted to start was going to be titled: "Damario Davis is terrible at literally everything".  I want Erin Henderson to start over him. He can't cover, doesn't take great angle in tackling, doesn't tackle very well (or at least doesn't stand out), doesn't have a nose for the ball...I agree with the pile of PFF data that there is on him.  He doesn't pass the eye test at all.

Harris is definitely playing well, but he also definitely got beat on that play, and the only reason Sproles dropped it is that he just dropped it; no credit to Harris on that one.

The exception might be if we learned Harris yelled "LOOK OUT!" at Sproles and as a result he lost concentration. That's literally the only way Harris would get any credit for that drop. By the time the ball arrived he was too far away to play a factor in it otherwise.

But he has caused a couple of key turnovers, which was great to see. He did almost up the Gore fumble for us, but it's a fumble and the ball bounces around in all directions so it's hard to get on him for that. Then again, his miff on it may have been the reason Revis recovered it a few inches back and therefore made it a touchback lol.

i can't blame Harris for getting beat by Sproles. I can blame the coaching staff for putting Harris in that position. That's a great job by the Eagles coaching staff getting that mismatch.

The other thread that I wanted to start was going to be titled: "Damario Davis is terrible at literally everything".  I want Erin Henderson to start over him. He can't cover, doesn't take great angle in tackling, doesn't tackle very well (or at least doesn't stand out), doesn't have a nose for the ball...I agree with the pile of PFF data that there is on him.  He doesn't pass the eye test at all.

Well no Davis isn't great by any stretch but as a unit the two of them seem fine together as a unit and Davis has had a few good games. Yesterday wasn't one of them. Not everybody on the roster can be a pro-bowler.

i can't blame Harris for getting beat by Sproles. I can blame the coaching staff for putting Harris in that position. That's a great job by the Eagles coaching staff getting that mismatch.

Name 1 ILB that can run with Sproles.  That is Philly finding a huge mis-match and the Jets never adjusting to it.

Archived