Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

Porzinbagger!!  This team, minus Caledron every night and Anthony most nights, is a really fun bunch of guys to watch. 

This.

Big win.  4-4 after playing 7 playoff teams is impressive.

Porzingis with an off night, but he still dunked on 4 people's heads, including a teammate.

Knicks got lucky on Melo's trippletravelsteppingoutofbounds but the Knicks have been burned by crappy refs before so it's good to be on the other end of it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Lance-KP 4th quarter, I agree with Fisher using Lance most of the 4th BUT, I think Fisher made a mistake with sticking with Lance in the last minute up 106-101 after Lance's baby Dream Shake basket.

At that point the Knicks know they're probably getting 2 more possessions and Melo is going to be the main person handling the ball.  That means the Knicks need their best rebounders in the game to keep the possessions alive to kill the clock.  That's why KP needs to be in the game.  Fisher got lucky because, as expected, Melo bricked and the Knicks couldn't get the offensive board.

Porzingis continuing to foul ALOT

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Which he's acknowledged. He still has to learn how to defend some of these big guys who are quicker than he's used to, but that's 100% teachable, for someone who isn't a dumbass, like STAT (love the guy though). Porzingod's game is more advanced that I could have hoped for at this point, the Knicks may have legit lucked out on a perennial all-star if he stays healthy. 

Sh*tty loss, but that was not only a icy shot by Porzingod, but he was supposed to screen for Melo and broke up the play when Zeller moved off him. Love this kid. 

Putting size aside, KP is a talented, two-way player who is basketball smart which is a rarity in the NBA.

Porzingis continuing to foul ALOT

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

True, but major improvement.  KP played 33 minutes (season high) and only 2 fouls.

KP rebounds from a bad game which is another great sign.

The only reason I want to make the playoffs is so the Knicks don't give up a lottery pick, but this season is about developing KP and Grant.  They're accomplishing that thus far and staying competitive, which is a plus.

The only reason I want to make the playoffs is so the Knicks don't give up a lottery pick, but this season is about developing KP and Grant.  They're accomplishing that thus far and staying competitive, which is a plus.

They just need to be careful with all this playing time because of that body. 25-30 minutes per is fine right now, but a NBA season gets pretty grueling once you pass 60 games or so. All rookies go through it, but for a dude his height you have to be extra careful. He hasn't nearly grown into his body yet, you have to ease him into going up and down the court 82 nights a year at his height.

They just need to be careful with all this playing time because of that body. 25-30 minutes per is fine right now, but a NBA season gets pretty grueling once you pass 60 games or so. All rookies go through it, but for a dude his height you have to be extra careful. He hasn't nearly grown into his body yet, you have to ease him into going up and down the court 82 nights a year at his height.

Spot on.  I think this back-to-back was a test, minutes wise.  KP played poorly yesterday, but I think Fisher purposely kept him at only 20 minutes so he could play effectively in today's game, which he did.  They have to keep him at that 20-25 minute mark.

Archived