Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too. Early season MVP vs early season ROY. For those who haven't caught Westbrook this year you're in for a treat. Totally different player and playing out of his ******* mind this year.

It has to be Westbrook and Curry, they've both been nuts.  Have you seen Curry this year?  He's on pace for the highest true shooting percentage for anyone with that high of a usage percentage, he's playing outside his mind. He makes it look too easy. 

It has to be Westbrook and Curry, they've both been nuts.  Have you seen Curry this year?  He's on pace for the highest true shooting percentage for anyone with that high of a usage percentage, he's playing outside his mind. He makes it look too easy. 

Yeah, I think I'm just biased because I'm still bitter about Golden State's title last year. That sh*t should get an asterisk or something, that was the easiest run to a title I have ever seen. Plus he's ugly.

Yeah, I think I'm just biased because I'm still bitter about Golden State's title last year. That sh*t should get an asterisk or something, that was the easiest run to a title I have ever seen. Plus he's ugly.

Beyond easy. He tied game 5? with an uncontested finger roll layup. Uncontested. Layup. Playoffs. If that was New York in the 90s, his ass would have been in the 3rd row. 

Beyond easy. He tied game 5? with an uncontested finger roll layup. Uncontested. Layup. Playoffs. If that was New York in the 90s, his ass would have been in the 3rd row. 

They avoided having to play San Antonio, then got Harden when he was fully transitioning into playoff-Harden, then Irving goes down. And before that Olynyk shows everyone he's a shameless piece of sh*t playing for a shameless piece of sh*t franchise. Just the craziest string of luck ever, they weren't challenged once and it was all circumstantial.

This team at the end of games, just jesus man.

All in all that's still an impressive win. OKC is a tough arena to win in and with the way Westbrook has been playing I thought they'd lose this one for sure. I like that he didn't play Porzingis a lot as the game wound down, the Knicks have 2 games over the next 3 days against teams with good bigs, so I think Fisher felt comfortable with the lead and figured he could start planning ahead. Almost blew up in his face, but I can't blame a coach for not seeing Melo missing those FT's and Westbrook hitting that freak shot.

And Lopez definitely is not worth $11 million but that was one of his better games.

The last 2 minutes are a mess, with being predictably tentative on offense and Lopez just throwing ball away. Their defense this year is much better, especially with AA in there

yeah but lopez had 2 key defensive boards and a key block and sank 2 key FT's down the stretch.   

KP needs to adjust already.  teams are playing up on him on the perimeter, he needs to drive the lane.  he did it once, but the rest of the game he just looked to get rid of the ball.  maybe he feels like he took too many shots the other night ?

he doesn't even need to get into the lane and shoot,  a drive and kick would be nice. 

you have to be a triple threat every time you touch the ball out there.  right now he is only a double, and most times a single (pass)

Already?

yeah its a compliment.  teams are adjusting to him because he is a good 3 pt shooter and crashes the offensive glass.  now he has to adjust.  he has to put the ball on the floor and I actually saw an NBA player block out last night.  it was weird

yeah its a compliment.  teams are adjusting to him because he is a good 3 pt shooter and crashes the offensive glass.  now he has to adjust.  he has to put the ball on the floor and I actually saw an NBA player block out last night.  it was weird

Teams? As in plural? Am I in the Twilight Zone because I think he hung 29 and 11 literally a game ago.

KP with 24, 14 and 7. Guess he adjusted 

it was beautiful, exactly what I was hoping to see.  it was no accident either, you don't go from not using your dribble at all the using it every touch.  he had a great sense of when to move the ball quickly, break his man down or get the shot off.  he also has made great adjustments on being in foul trouble, he got his first foul late in the 4th quarter tonight

the kid is skilled and coachable, somebody pinch me

KP makes 100 percent sense although us fans didn't know him in the beginning (yes, I was one of those against the pick).

His 6'4" father played semi-pro in Europe and his 6'1" mother played for the Latvian national basketball team.  Genetics matters.  A couple like that was bound to produce a superior athlete.  Their elder son played pro-ball in Europe.

Scouts knew about him last year before he pulled out of the 2014 draft.  He's played against men for the last 2 years in the second best league in the world, the ACB in Spain (better than the NCAAs).

He and his family lives and breaths basketball.

I hope every Knicks fan who posts in this thread got to see last night's performance by KP.

It can't be overstated.  That wasn't a rookie phenom performance.  That was a franchise player performance by a 20 yr old on both sides of the court.

Archived