The Uncalled

Integrity28

Tall makes it easier to see. Tall, the pass is high, Cumberland is jumping. The only part of Chung that is near the ball is his arm pulling down Cumberland's arm. It required such a blatant PI to be committed that his hand is literally wrapped around Cumberland's forearm.

And the stills don't even show how bad it was because they don't show the arm getting pulled down by Chung's, on its way down. Only the before and after. So as damning as your stills are, it was even worse.

I know it man.... I just can't find good video

That was a PI...in slow motion but in game speed I missed it too. 

I agree, very hard to see in real time IMO.

But I'd have liked it if the announcers at least *mentioned* that it maybe could have been called PI, instead of acting like it was a brilliant perfectly clean play.

I agree, very hard to see in real time IMO.

But I'd have liked it if the announcers at least *mentioned* that it maybe could have been called PI, instead of acting like it was a brilliant perfectly clean play.

After they showed in slo mo at least 3 times I couldn't believe Fouts still saying it was a great play by Chung.  I should have known it wasn't going to be our day right then and there. 

Oh, and just to be clear - IMO complaining about the calls, in particular in this game, is lame.  There's a reason a home team gets a 3 point advantage in Vegas.  Hopefully we'll get some more calls (and lucky bounces) when we play them at Met Life.

Size difference?

Jets-Patriots-Footbal_Byun-1024x782.jpg

This should have been a no brainer. The ball is just arriving, with the tip hitting Cumby in the numbers. Chung's hand is across Cumby's wrist and this is obviously a still taken after he ripped his hand down, before the ball got there.

It wasn't even close.

My friend is a Pats fan & was at the game. Talked to him this morning & he said it was CLEARLY a PI, he said everyone in the area they were sitting said, "whew Chung got away with one there", but somehow we have fans claiming, "they all equal out", no, that's just not true, big difference between 3 & 7 points vs Pats on the road. F*cking bullsh*t is what it is!

Tall makes it easier to see. Tall, the pass is high, Cumberland is jumping. The only part of Chung that is near the ball is his arm pulling down Cumberland's arm. It required such a blatant PI to be committed that his hand is literally wrapped around Cumberland's forearm.

And the stills don't even show how bad it was because they don't show the arm getting pulled down by Chung's, on its way down. Only the before and after. So as damning as your stills are, it was even worse.

Or maybe they were right, up in the booth. Maybe this is just textbook great pass defense. lol

Go read Fatso Peter King. He loved the play.

Archived