Marcus Williams Injury Update

CrazyCarl40

Catapano got run because they cut Coples who was gone one way or the other in the off-season. Demario Davis is a free agent and probably won't be re-signed.

McDougle, on the other hand, plays behind big FA acquisition Skrine. Same thing with Marcus Williams not getting a shot until Cro was hurt, even though Cro has been bad this year (better the last few weeks). Those are guys the new staff and management brought in, so they're sort of more married to those guys than those from the previous regime.

so short of someone getting cut or hurt, they need to practice better to get some PT.  If McDougle or anyone wants to see the field they have to put in the practice first.  Like you said, this regime is not married to most of these players although they did bring in a bunch in the secondary so that would impact McDougle.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so short of someone getting cut or hurt, they need to practice better to get some PT.  If McDougle or anyone wants to see the field they have to put in the practice first.  Like you said, this regime is not married to most of these players although they did bring in a bunch in the secondary so that would impact McDougle.

I think it is easy to got caught up with who has played and to not want to risk another player messing up.  I do believe they can play themselves into more playing time in practice, but it might take a while.  Short of injury - not sure they will get in quickly.  I think it is a mistake (but I guess they know best).  It is frustrating to watch these guys not get the playing time.

I think it is easy to got caught up with who has played and to not want to risk another player messing up.  I do believe they can play themselves into more playing time in practice, but it might take a while.  Short of injury - not sure they will get in quickly.  I think it is a mistake (but I guess they know best).  It is frustrating to watch these guys not get the playing time.

There has to be a reason they are not playing.  I dont buy the "hes not my guy" excuse that gets floated around but like you said, they know best.

Might be one more step in the protocol. We'll know more after practice. I'd say he's 50/50 this week.

Connor lifts me up with the report of no red jersey for Seth to bring me back down to earth.  50-50 at best with him wearing that on Thursday...

Skrine did okay against Walker. He should be deployed there. Pryor will draw him a few times too. Should be interesting. 

I could also see Milliner being inactive as well. 7 CBs is a lot of CBs. 

Yeah the Cowboys are not going to pass the ball all over the field with Cassell

I could also see Milliner being inactive as well. 7 CBs is a lot of CBs. 

I hate to say that you've been right about Milliner.  It's a shame / surprising to me that he hasn't been showing enough in practice that he would force Bowles to at least think about putting him on the field.

Archived