Darrin Walls ~ ~ ~

kelly

Bowles is preparing with or without Revis my bet is Cro is going to be on Beckham Cro is big and physical and can run with Odell if he misses a step he has the arm span to knock balls down. 

All  in on Cro this Sunday!!!!!!

Big? Yes. Physical? No. Cro is slowing down and he can't be trusted to run with OBJ either. Cro can cover him but he'll need lots of help. Almost all corners would. 

You're telling me teams like New Orleans, Philly, and the other bottom of the barrel pass teams couldn't use a guy who has starting experience?

I have no idea and neither do you. And anyway there are plenty of guys in the league with actual starting experience, and plenty of them suck too.

Wasn't Darrin Walls the same #3 cb everyone was mad about last year? 

He was playing as the #1 though because Milliner and McDougle got hurt and Dmitri Patterson went AWOL. It was Walls and converted safety Antonio Allen (who was putrid at corner but a solid safety) as the corners with Kyle Wilson (awful) and a mixed bag of others. They brought Marcus Williams in to the roster at the end of October last year and he and Walls were the two corners from then on out and they faired okay.

He was playing as the #1 though because Milliner and McDougle got hurt and Dmitri Patterson went AWOL. It was Walls and converted safety Antonio Allen (who was putrid at corner but a solid safety) as the corners with Kyle Wilson (awful) and a mixed bag of others. They brought Marcus Williams in to the roster at the end of October last year and he and Walls were the two corners from then on out and they faired okay.

I'm aware, thanks

Dude.  He sucks.  If he didnt, he woldnt be a #5 CB and the Jets wouldnt have felt it was necessary to spend 120mil on their secondary this offseason.  Clearly he's good enough to hang around and that in itself isnt easy to do.  He contributes on ST's, so that a plus.  But he's a terrible corner.  That much is fact. 

Nothing personal.  He sucks and that's fine.  Just like many other players around the league and on the team.  For example. Quincy Enunwa is a terrible Football player.  Nothing personal, it's just how it is. 

The person that is taking it personal is you.  You're neg repping anyone who dares say something bad about your boy.  I dont see you doing it when people are critical of other players.  Why is that? 

OK, so here is where you lost me.  Enunwa is not a terrible football player.  He is a 2nd year player who, now under the right coaching, is having a useful role carved out for him.  I don't see the downside with Quincy and I do think there very well might be some more upside here.  So, I put your criticism down to rant.

Now about Walls.  Shi**y is not a very helpful descriptor.  How about making a comparison or something else a bit more useful.  For this exercise let's use Kyle Wilson.  IMHO Walls is no worse than our prior #1 pick.  I think he might be a little better but that can be debated.  He's cheaper and he contributes on special teams.  Why the rant?  

LOL @CrazyCarl40 neg repping me because I'm being mean to his sh*tty boo Walls. 

You're a weird dude Carl.  I like you but you're weird.  I could give two sh*ts what a Gator does in the NFL.  You've got a rock solid boner for anyone who has ever wore a golden dome and it wont go down no matter how sh*tty (looks at Walls) that player is.

That's a lot of hate for the 5th or 6th corner. Being the 6th corner (behind Revis, Cro, Skrine, Williams, Dexter), he played really well and I agree with Carl. He's not your shutdown corner and isn't making $14 mil a year. He's a great depth player and I'm glad we have him.

Now if he was making $5 mil a year...

Archived