Crazy thoughts

jetsfan719

I know i may get laughed at for this thread, but i saw posts about this being one of best wins in awhile and it got me thinking. I by far have come no where near the suffering as many of this fan base has gone through. I have been following the jets since 2009 and haven't missed a game since. Now before i get into it, I'm not talking NOW or THIS SEASON (although odds are unimaginable, but anythings possible) what would winning the superbowl be like for you as a fan. I know crazy topic. I just saw posts about what this win felt like and knowing what 2011 beating new england felt like. I cant even fathom what it would be like. Superbowl 3 was basically a whole different type of game compared to now with rules and regularions and how the game is played....

again crazy topic but i cant sleep and im still so hyped over this win. Interested to hear the old timers thoughts lol.

Enjoy the start of the week fellas. Were Big Brother for the next 4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a fan since early 90s. Not sure how I'd feel like.

When the Yankees won in 96 I was in HS and it was a crazy feeling but I was young.  Experiencing a Jet SB at this age and with my sons would be nuts.

We were screaming and jumping up and down yesterday after Fitz's 1st down run. That was a regular season game. Then after the game we went in the back yard and re created all the big plays. The Marshall TD, the Marshall 1st down screen, the Powel screen. The Decker 1st down. I'd think if we won the SB it would be like that. 

Now for the negative side, during this met WS run it was amazing all the "met fans" that came out of rocks. While we have been suffering all this time with the Jets, success breeds Johnny come lately bandwagon fans. Small price to pay I suppose.

I know i may get laughed at for this thread, but i saw posts about this being one of best wins in awhile and it got me thinking. I by far have come no where near the suffering as many of this fan base has gone through. I have been following the jets since 2009 and haven't missed a game since. Now before i get into it, I'm not talking NOW or THIS SEASON (although odds are unimaginable, but anythings possible) what would winning the superbowl be like for you as a fan. I know crazy topic. I just saw posts about what this win felt like and knowing what 2011 beating new england felt like. I cant even fathom what it would be like. Superbowl 3 was basically a whole different type of game compared to now with rules and regularions and how the game is played....

again crazy topic but i cant sleep and im still so hyped over this win. Interested to hear the old timers thoughts lol.

Enjoy the start of the week fellas. Were Big Brother for the next 4 years.

2009 hahahaha...yes SB III  was totally played different than today. It was played on an electric board with a cotton football. 

Been a fan since early 90s. Not sure how I'd feel like.

When the Yankees won in 96 I was in HS and it was a crazy feeling but I was young.  Experiencing a Jet SB at this age and with my sons would be nuts.

We were screaming and jumping up and down yesterday after Fitz's 1st down run. That was a regular season game. Then after the game we went in the back yard and re created all the big plays. The Marshall TD, the Marshall 1st down screen, the Powel screen. The Decker 1st down. I'd think if we won the SB it would be like that. 

Now for the negative side, during this met WS run it was amazing all the "met fans" that came out of rocks. While we have been suffering all this time with the Jets, success breeds Johnny come lately bandwagon fans. Small price to pay I suppose.

You naturally get bandwagon fans when a team is winning, bothers some people more than most. I came over from Scotland for 2 WS games and it was unbelievable. The results were bad but the whole post season run was a dream come true. I'd been to a few games over the years which were mostly meaningless in half empty stadiums.

I may get laughed at as well but this team is starting to remind me of 98 .... Fitz is having one of the best seasons in this teams history which is very Vinny Like. This offense with a healthy Powell is starting to do what they should have been doing all year.  If we only had a TE, a really good TE we would be damn near unstoppable because in all honesty the only team that' stops this team are its own stupid mistakes or we would easily be 10-2 or 9-3 at this stage.

I may get laughed at as well but this team is starting to remind me of 98 .... Fitz is having one of the best seasons in this teams history which is very Vinny Like. This offense with a healthy Powell is starting to do what they should have been doing all year.  If we only had a TE, a really good TE we would be damn near unstoppable because in all honesty the only team that' stops this team are its own stupid mistakes or we would easily be 10-2 or 9-3 at this stage.

December 6th 1998. Jets beat Seattle at home on the controversial Vinny Testaverde run into the end zone where only his helmet got over but the refs gave them the TD to win the game. 

So yeah I see it

December 6th 1998. Jets beat Seattle at home on the controversial Vinny Testaverde run into the end zone where only his helmet got over but the refs gave them the TD to win the game. 

So yeah I see it

Ha!   Yeah no replay that year or else history would be a tad different.

That was nuts

So yeah I see it

That game was my birthday (obviously yesterday was as well lol).  Anyway, I was sitting in the end zone about 5 or 10 rows back right where that play took place.  Vinny was literally running right towards me.  As soon as he took off I saw the defenders closing in and knew there was just no way he was getting in.  When he wen't down I saw clear as day he was short, then the whole pile of players went on top of him.  I looked to the refs on the goal line and saw they had not made a call yet and knew they at least didn't see him go down short right away, so it was a matter if he could wrestle himself over the line under the pile.  I looked up to the heavens and screamed "please just one time let a call go the Jets way for my birthday!".  When I looked down I saw the refs arms go up signaling TD and the place erupted.  Joey Galloway was killing us that day.  He caught like an 80 yard TD pass, maybe even 2 if I recall.  That call propelled the Jets into the playoffs, I think we would have missed out entirely without a win there, and it also knocked SEA out and ended up costing Dennis Erickson his job. 

So yeah I see it

the game that created instant replay lol

I still remember crying when I saw Joe Willy in a Los Angeles Rams uniform.  Grandma baked me a couple dozen cookies.  Still crying, still eating cookies.  This season has been a lot of fun and if we ever win the big one I will eat some cookies crying tears of joy. Umm, for the win and the cookies. 

First game I remember watching was the Jets SB win, and I started as a Joe Namath fan first but became a Jets fan soon after. That said back then I was a much bigger Mets fan, but still an avid fan. I actually gave up on baseball when they cancelled the world series, so I only follow golf and the Jets now. A Jets SB win would be epic. I would be excited for months. I get negative about the team sometimes but on game day I am all in. I was pacing so much during the end of the 4th and OT my dog thought it a game 

First game I remember watching was the Jets SB win, and I started as a Joe Namath fan first but became a Jets fan soon after. That said back then I was a much bigger Mets fan, but still an avid fan. I actually gave up on baseball when they cancelled the world series, so I only follow golf and the Jets now. A Jets SB win would be epic. I would be excited for months. I get negative about the team sometimes but on game day I am all in. I was pacing so much during the end of the 4th and OT my dog thought it a game 

Anytime the Jets score a TD my dog barks. Of course, I do a little barking too. Dog face

I still remember crying when I saw Joe Willy in a Los Angeles Rams uniform.  Grandma baked me a couple dozen cookies.  Still crying, still eating cookies.  This season has been a lot of fun and if we ever win the big one I will eat some cookies crying tears of joy. Umm, for the win and the cookies. 

I'm gonna have to dig out my pysch books on this one. So tell me, exactly what kind of cookies were they?  I suspect they were green and white with sprinkles hmmmm?   Yes, I see. Well my diagnosis is you suffer from PTSD JWI .....Joe Willie Itis.  Substtitution of cookies for one of the greatest QB's ever t o play the game.  Totally understandable.  That'yll be $9999.95  Oh, and if you can send some green and white cookies too, that would be appreciative.  Don't forget the sprinkles.

New-York-Jets-Cookie-Md.jpg

New York Jets Cookies For Santa Gift Set

Archived