Austin Hill, Tylor Patmon, Brandon Meriweather

Freemanm

Players recently cut that the Jets should consider as we make a playoff run?

Austin Hill isn't the fastest receiver, but is big and physical, has good hands and could make some tough red zone catches. Given that Marshall is really the only receiver that we have who can outmuscle cbs in the end zone, and given that we don't have a pass catching tight end, adding some muscle to the position wouldn't be such a bad idea, imo. 

Tylor Patmon is a cb who played decently for the Cowboy this season. He's small but fast and has good instincts and good hands. Surprised the Cowboys let him go. He might be good in nickel and dime situations as we now know that Cro just doesn't have it anymore and Buster Skrine can be in over his head at times. 

I would sign Meriweather just to get inside scoop on Pats and plus, even though the magic is gone,, the old man probably still knows a few tricks. 

I could see another WR brought in with Smith down and Kerley not practicing. I don't see them adding anyone to the DB squad. They have 7 healthy CBs and 4 healthy safeties now. Not all of them will even be active this Saturday, and none of the players mentioned are an upgrade anywhere. Just no room for some JAG retreads. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived