Observations from the game

nico002

- arm strength isn't an issue in terms of the deep ball for Fitz, he simply doesn't have great feel for those throws

- second week in a row that Fitz makes a huge throw on the run late in the game, this week Marshall last week Quincy 

- we have a fumbling issue, we only lost one but had three RB fumbles between our RBs

- ivory needs to hit more holes instead of dancing around. I realize that's how he got a lot of his early season success but it's not working anymore. Powell hits the hole hard and fast and is effective 

- Harris being forced wide to cover a RB 1 on 1, this happens a few times but pats couldn't take advantage, this is scary

- does gronk run a 4.3? Not sure how he got behind cro on what was basically a go route down the sideline 

- allowing a 4th and 9 down the seam to gronk is unacceptable? Put Revis on the guy and double team him.

- Fitz's fumble was a forward pass, during the throwing motion if the arm isn't going backwards it's doing forward, there isn't a magical in between state where the arm is still

- pats not getting called for a blatant facemask on maulding during that white td

- Bowles should have challenged that Marshall catch on the sideline 

- bullock kicking a freaking beauty late in the game 

- quigley also had a huge 57+ yard punt late 

- when the pats have the ball, the refs always seem to quickly blow plays dead to avoid strip fumbles, when the pats are on d the refs wait until the RB is pulled back three yards before blowing the whistle 

- I'd like to see Bowles more activley complain about holding calls against our d line, they get held every play 

Can't believe no one's talking about the play where the refs stopped the game right as the Pats had forgotten to put a man on Decker. To um... add 13 seconds on the game clock... yeah, that's the ticket!

I agree! I have to disagree with the OP on the Fitz fumble tho, I watched that about 5 times and can't see any way they could overturn the call on the field.

Can't believe no one's talking about the play where the refs stopped the game right as the Pats had forgotten to put a man on Decker. To um... add 13 seconds on the game clock... yeah, that's the ticket!

agreed .. That & only 1 penalty called on the cheats* ... Ridiculous!

- arm strength isn't an issue in terms of the deep ball for Fitz, he simply doesn't have great feel for those throws

- second week in a row that Fitz makes a huge throw on the run late in the game, this week Marshall last week Quincy 

- we have a fumbling issue, we only lost one but had three RB fumbles between our RBs

- ivory needs to hit more holes instead of dancing around. I realize that's how he got a lot of his early season success but it's not working anymore. Powell hits the hole hard and fast and is effective 

- Harris being forced wide to cover a RB 1 on 1, this happens a few times but pats couldn't take advantage, this is scary

- does gronk run a 4.3? Not sure how he got behind cro on what was basically a go route down the sideline 

- allowing a 4th and 9 down the seam to gronk is unacceptable? Put Revis on the guy and double team him.

- Fitz's fumble was a forward pass, during the throwing motion if the arm isn't going backwards it's doing forward, there isn't a magical in between state where the arm is still

- pats not getting called for a blatant facemask on maulding during that white td

- bullock kicking a freaking beauty late in the game 

- quigley also had a huge 57+ yard punt late 

- when the pats have the ball, the refs always seem to quickly blow plays dead to avoid strip fumbles, when the pats are on d the refs wait until the RB is pulled back three yards before blowing the whistle 

- I'd like to see Bowles more activley complain about holding calls against our d line, they get held every play 

That was the biggest complaint I had from the game. They seemed to let the Patriots dictate who covered Gronk by moving him around. It is a weird situation in that you are asking a CB to cover a tight end. But Gronk was quiet when Revis was on him, really quiet. And Revis had that big INT.

On the 4th down play it should have been Revis covering him. No other way to handle a do or die play like that.

I feel that at least two of those throws were perfectly lead or dropped in.  Rather, the receiver slowed slightly or turned awkwardly.  I was anoyed a little that the anouncers putting it all on fitz being inacuracte. Imo, on fly patterns you should hit the receivers at full out flank speed.  This way there is less chance for a breakup and greater chance for a td. I will look for video clips to illustrate. 

I feel that at least two of those throws were perfectly lead or dropped in.  Rather, the receiver slowed slightly or turned awkwardly.  I was anoyed a little that the anouncers putting it all on fitz being inacuracte. Imo, on fly patterns you should hit the receivers at full out flank speed.  This way there is less chance for a breakup and greater chance for a td. I will look for video clips to illustrate. 

It's much easier to complete passes to Marshall and Decker than Thompkins and Enunwa.  Deep balls are easy to throw because there is so much time for adjustment, but those guys haven't been on the field as much and are just plain not as good.

Any player with straight line speed has gotten by Cro. He's just not all that good anymore.

No, it was a fumble.

No, he shouldn't have. It was an incomplete pass. The way the referees have failed to actually overturn close calls this year, they almost always side with their original call unless it's blatant.

Archived