Dolphins fire Hickey and Tanny is now the man to fix it

bergenjets

Mike Tannenbaum- the only man in Jets history to build 2 Jet teams that played for an AFC/AFL championship? 

it always amazes me, people bash Tannenbaum, they say Rex sucks, Schottenheimer sucked, Sanchez sucked.  how the hell did we have the best 2 year run in team history w/ those guys?  I don't get it?

Mike Tannenbaum- the only man in Jets history to build 2 Jet teams that played for an AFC/AFL championship? 

it always amazes me, people bash Tannenbaum, they say Rex sucks, Schottenheimer sucked, Sanchez sucked.  how the hell did we have the best 2 year run in team history w/ those guys?  I don't get it?

To me the issue with those guys who to blame for what.  People like to give Mangini credit for those drafts, but I don't see it. OTOH, somebody was demanding those team captain, clean marines with high character.  If it was a key for Tannenbaum it certainly went out the window when Rex showed up.  If there was one item I would like to know who deserves the blame for it is Tebow.  I know Rex didn't like him.  Did Tannenbaum?  Or was it Woody?  Sparano is another guy I am not too sure about.  Rex talked him up, but he did that for everyone.  Sparano and Tannenbaum were Parcells guys.  Parcells had a bunch of sway with Woody.  Was that hire from Rex, Mike T or Woody? 

The power structure was so ****ed up.  The coach doesn't get to pick his own staff, the GM doesn't get to pick his own coach, who reports to who?  It is certainly likely that some quality guys got shuffled out in that mess.  Sort of like Pettine.  Is he a sh*t head coach or was he stuck in that mess in Cleveland with Manziel forced upon him?  The Ravens are as an astute organization as there is, but when the moved Bill Belichik was caught up in the mess and dumped.  That is how he ended up back on the Tuna's staff for the super bowl year with the Pats.  .

Tanny obviously had two great years with the Jets but in my mind he just hasn't proven he knows how to scout talent and build a consistent winner.  The Jets two good years were built from free agency and bringing high priced players in addition to trading down to get Mark Sanchez.  Sure we had guys like Revis, Mangold, etc... but I'm not confident he played a major role in those picks. The guy may be able get you a couple of exciting years through free agency but like what happened in NY it's only a matter of time before you're in cap hell and have no young cheap talent to fill roles.

It's pretty funny how so many people assumed Miami was a top job and that Payton would be the guy.  The Dolphin organization is toxic and there's no reason a top name should be considering working for Ross.  He's much better off in New Orleans.  And now with so many coaching vacancies available, I really would not at all be surprised if the next Dolphin HC illicits a "Who is that?" response. 

It's pretty funny how so many people assumed Miami was a top job and that Payton would be the guy.  The Dolphin organization is toxic and there's no reason a top name should be considering working for Ross.  He's much better off in New Orleans.  And now with so many coaching vacancies available, I really would not at all be surprised if the next Dolphin HC illicits a "Who is that?" response. 

Miami is a nice place and Florida has no income tax.  I think Louisiana is 6%.  That is $500K a year even with no bump from his Saints deal.

Miami is a nice place and Florida has no income tax.  I think Louisiana is 6%.  That is $500K a year even with no bump from his Saints deal.

Yet he is stating he will remain in New Orleans nonetheless.  Meanwhile, the Bucs job is now open also as an alternative in Florida.

we should hire this horse droppings guy, if he's better than tannenbaum who built teams that made multiple title games this horse droppings guy should easily be able to build Super Bowl teams.

I seriously don't under stand the hate. For years every jet fan was calling him the best GM in the league, now he,s rubbish.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

I seriously don't under stand the hate. For years every jet fan was calling him the best GM in the league, now he,s rubbish.

best GM is a stretch but he did a good job for us, no one was complaining when we were playing to go to the SB 2 straight years.  we only had 2 losing seasons in his time here and both came w/ major injuries attached. 

since his tenure in 2006 we have had 2 really good drafts .  Based on coaching under his watch ..it appears he was heavily influenced by the HC.  

His handling of Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery was shameful.   He brought in Tebow. Mortgaged our future and lost. 

Our record with him as GM is not stellar.  his drafts since 2008 ???   There are fans who could do better. 

We were all pumped in 2009 and 2010 but the 2010 draft was the real Tanny as was his handling of the Sanchez and Holmes contract. 

Archived