Are u guys nuts?

jetsfan719

This just in 9 out of 10 guys who have their best career year don't repeat it the next year. It's selection bias.

Well certainly that is true but you have take that into account when considering his future with the team. No matter how you slice it, he is limited in certain areas, and with Fitz you just do not get big plays or quick scores, which means your offense has to play better, convert more 3rd downs, extend more drives. He played about as well as he could for 5 weeks against weak opponents. I think he is a great teammate and a good guy, but I think he is still really a backup/marginal starter. And we should try to have more than that at QB.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well certainly that is true but you have take that into account when considering his future with the team. No matter how you slice it, he is limited in certain areas, and with Fitz you just do not get big plays or quick scores, which means your offense has to play better, convert more 3rd downs, extend more drives. He played about as well as he could for 5 weeks against weak opponents. I think he is a great teammate and a good guy, but I think he is still really a backup/marginal starter. And we should try to have more than that at QB.

We've been trying for 40 years. Sign Fitz so we have a high floor during the next couple years. If we finally find The One during that time, great.

Stop.

The D couldn't stop a cold, they let the Bills chew up the second half with 3rd down conversion after 3rd down conversion.  The first INT was a mistake, the second one he was hit, the third one was desperation.

As usual with this team, it's Supposedly Great Defense absolutely sucks in a big spot.  Geezers like Pace and Harris watching youngsters leave them in the dust, no pass rush, Revis having his worst game as a pro. 

Fitz wasn't stellar today, but he wasn't why we lost.  Start with the D.  Then look at the Ground game.  Then look at Special Teams.  Then, and only then, look at Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

Pretty much agree with that. 

D on the field all day,  Bills had all of these 5 minute, 7 minute drives.  A shank punt, a missed 40 yard FG.  Can't do that and win.

Not a chance. Did u see the same geno we all saw in Oakland game? Same old geno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

265 yards 2 td 1 int and 34 yards rushing -- basically same stay line Fitz had most of the season

I love these people who act like Fitz is the only qb that could have a productive season with Marshall and Decker

Jets had no business losing that game. Bills were missing 10 starters. Crazy. Fitz gonna Fitz when it matters though. Good luck with him...

Rex is going to Rex as well.  Winning meaningless games and elevating himself as the next Lombarid.  Good luck with him.....

QB throws the most TD passes in Jets history.... Let's get rid of him.

That would definitely be same old Jets

Once in his career.  Challenge is will he improve,  stay the same or get worse.  No way to know.  Petsonally  I would keep him knowing we need a guy ready to step in as soon as possible.  Hard to argue with a ten win season as a Jet fan.  Of our problem as a team for me he doesn't make my list.   Yet 

How could you possibly sh*t on fitz??

Lets face facts-

He didnt play good today......

However, he is by far down one of the few reasons we lost today.

When you hand cuff your qb to throw on 3rd and long situations, because you unreasonably don't use ivory you are setting him up a recipe for disaster.

We all know he cant bomb the ball. What did u think would happen in the situation when he had to..

Guy led this team all season. We would not be sitting at 10-6 with geno. And i think it would be a huge mistake to break up his chemistry with decker and marshall for any other qb..

Offseason plan:

Keep fitz, develop petty, develop devin smith, draft olinemen, a shifty rb, faster olb to go along lorenzo(mauldin will get better each season) develop our young secondary players..

This game is not fitzpatricks fault.

Blame it on playcalling, dumb decisions, quigley, dropped passes, revis abombination of coverage on watkins.

I put this on revis before i put it on fitz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he's not far down on the reasons we lost.

I would go:

1. Defense

2. fitz

Archived