Can't watch wildcard game

kevinc855

Rules are the rules.  What do you want them to do change the rules every year?  Too bad, happens in sports all the time.  You grow up, accept that these are the rules.  Being 10-6 is no different than being 9-7 and missing out on a tie breaker.  Who cares, they didnt finish inside the top teams to make the playoffs.  

Things even out over the years:

1991 we made the playoffs with an 8-8 record;

2002 we won the division with a 9-7 record beating the Patriots and Dolphins in a tie breaker. (I believe we won the division via the same tie breaker we lost to the Steelers this year)

2009 we made the playoffs with a 9-7 record, winning tie breakers against the Steelers, Ravens and Texans who had the same record.

Sometimes we benefit from these tie breakers and sometimes we don't.  In the final analysis, the Jets won 10 games and I appreciate the improvement from the 2014 embarrassment. We also have a front office that I feel really good about.  Although I am disappointed by week 17, it doesn't diminish what was accomplished.

Things even out over the years:

1991 we made the playoffs with an 8-8 record;

2002 we won the division with a 9-7 record beating the Patriots and Dolphins in a tie breaker. (I believe we won the division via the same tie breaker we lost to the Steelers this year)

2009 we made the playoffs with a 9-7 record, winning tie breakers against the Steelers, Ravens and Texans who had the same record.

Sometimes we benefit from these tie breakers and sometimes we don't.  In the final analysis, the Jets won 10 games and I appreciate the improvement from the 2014 embarrassment. We also have a front office that I feel really good about.  Although I am disappointed by week 17, it doesn't diminish what was accomplished.

10 games as history tells us usually enough but not one saw the Chiefs winning 10 in a row either. Man if they just went 8-2 in that stretch we be in. But they went on an insane run

Rules change. And actually they finished with the same record as the Steelers 10-6.  And BTW, they do change the rules EVERY YEAR. 

FYI...........http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/05/huge-wild-card-audience-surely-means-more-wild-card-games/ 

Rules dont change for you.  They change for everyone, for the year.  And you live with them.  Not cry like a baby if you lose out.  And give anyone who gets it a negative rep, like a little baby would when it hears something it cant or wont accept.  

Put on your big boy pants and grow up already.  Who gives a shlt about this so much they give a negative rep 

10 games as history tells us usually enough but not one saw the Chiefs winning 10 in a row either. Man if they just went 8-2 in that stretch we be in. But they went on an insane run

Exactly.  How about using his logic of changing rules if they said, new rule you have to have a winning record to make the playoffs, essentially his rule, we should get in over a team with a record lower than 10-6 and they kept us out of the playoffs in 1991 because we got in with an 8-8 record. 

How can you not see this?  Give me a negative rep over it? LOL

How'd you feel about this...The 2008 New England Patriots season was the 37th season for the team in the National Football League and 49th season overall. Despite finishing the regular season with an 11–5 record, the Patriots did not qualify for the playoffs—becoming the first 11-win team since the expansion to a 12-team playoff in 1990 to not make the playoffs, as well as only the second team (after the 1985 Denver Broncos) since the NFL expanded to a 16-game regular season in 1978. This came just one year after finishing with the only 16–0 regular-season record in NFL history.  I'm sure that sat with you well.  And you look very happy in this pic too.

BarneyandFriends-450x254.jpg

I have no problem with that whatsoever.

Pats didn't win enough games to get into the playoffs.

Rules dont change for you.  They change for everyone, for the year.  And you live with them.  Not cry like a baby if you lose out.  And give anyone who gets it a negative rep, like a little baby would when it hears something it cant or wont accept.  

Put on your big boy pants and grow up already.  Who gives a shlt about this so much they give a negative rep 

Hahaha you are a trip my friend.     Tell the truth. Isn't that you in that purple suit with PatsFan TX and JetFanatic.

BarneyandFriends-450x254.jpg

I am a fan of the game as well as the Jets. I never miss the playoffs bad taste or not. Life goes on.

I started out as a football fan and became a Jet fan second. Now, there seems less and less reason to watch as the rules have been so skewed to the offense (for fantasY) the games are decided by bad officiating; it's just become less and less appealing 

I have no problem with that whatsoever.

Pats didn't win enough games to get into the playoffs.

I despise the Pats but they had a hell of a year in 2008. They deserved to get in just like the Jets did this past year.  I hate this tiebreaker bullsh*t.  Expand the playoffs.  Let the best man win.  When the wild card was started, NFL traditionalists were totally against it. They cried it would water down the NFL's image.  Nonsense.  Its created excitement and intrigue and gives hope to teams on the fringe of greatness and there were many that have taken advantage of this.   BTW if you're going to debate this like an adult, I'm open to it. If you're going to be a  prick then go **** off.   

Rules change. And actually they finished with the same record as the Steelers 10-6.  And BTW, they do change the rules EVERY YEAR. 

FYI...........http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/05/huge-wild-card-audience-surely-means-more-wild-card-games/ 

Just watch next year there'll be one more wildcard and the Jets with their 8-8 (or 7-9) record won't make it in again, though they would have this year had those new rules been in place this year. They'll lose a tiebreaker on some strength of nosebleed or something tiebreaker 

Just watch next year there'll be one more wildcard and the Jets with their 8-8 (or 7-9) record won't make it in again, though they would have this year had those new rules been in place this year. They'll lose a tiebreaker on some strength of nosebleed or something tiebreaker 

Peanuts Charlie Brown Snowball Hit Sheer T-Shirt by JUNK FOOD

But it seems it will be 2 more wild card teams so we get in. :Banane43:

I despise the Pats but they had a hell of a year in 2008. They deserved to get in just like the Jets did this past year.  I hate this tiebreaker bullsh*t.  Expand the playoffs.  Let the best man win.  When the wild card was started, NFL traditionalists were totally against it. They cried it would water down the NFL's image.  Nonsense.  Its created excitement and intrigue and gives hope to teams on the fringe of greatness and there were many that have taken advantage of this.   BTW if you're going to debate this like an adult, I'm open to it. If you're going to be a  prick then go **** off.   

Before the season begins, all 32 teams know the rules on how to make the playoffs. It is what it is.

Only whinny fans of teams who don't make the playoffs want to see changes to the rules on making the playoffs.

Beat the hapless Bills and the Jets are in. You sound like a scorned Jr High girl with all your complaining.

Before the season begins, all 32 teams know the rules on how to make the playoffs. It is what it is.

Only whinny fans of teams who don't make the playoffs want to see changes to the rules on making the playoffs.

Beat the hapless Bills and the Jets are in. You sound like a scorned Jr High girl with all your complaining.

Jesus H Christ its Saturday afternoon why are you trolling on another teams message board ridiculing Jets fans for their posts. 

Please GO AWAY DAMMIT 

I started out as a football fan and became a Jet fan second. Now, there seems less and less reason to watch as the rules have been so skewed to the offense (for fantasY) the games are decided by bad officiating; it's just become less and less appealing 

the NBA is like that... I can't watch it.   I love college basketball but I can't watch the 6 step walks to the basket.

your point reminds me of what the NBA has become......   

the NBA is like that... I can't watch it.   I love college basketball but I can't watch the 6 step walks to the basket.

your point reminds me of what the NBA has become......   

Problem is they've made the game more appealing to sell the game.  People like offense.  Rather see a bomb connect than a run stuffed.  

No they don't change the rules for getting into the playoffs every year.  

The tiebreaker is in the rules before the season starts.  They're the rules, accept them and move on.  

Yeah, no plans to watch any games.  Maybe the SB.  Probably shouldn't even be on this forum either.  

Anytime I think about it, I get more pissed at certain players/coaches that will most likely be here next year.  So best to not even watch the playoffs.  Hopefully Superbowl should be fine though.  As I never even hoped we'd make it there.

Ugh f#ckin Jets.  Not satisfied ruining their own season but have to lose in a way that ruins the whole damn season for their fans.  D!cks.

I don't think I can watch any of the games either--maybe the NFC games. I was excited to watch Arizona, the team that reminds me most of the Jets. Still not over the loss, though. I haven't been able to properly mourn the Jets since I've been terribly ill since Sunday. And I don't think it's a coincidence either.

Watching the Jets loose, to Rex, in that fashion, and getting knocked out of the playoffs, letting the Steelers get in, literally made me sick. Woke up the next morning with a fever of 101. Just awful.

This ******* team...

...will be the death of me.

13mns left in 4th quarter - steelers 15 bengals 7

i wonder how many Jets players watching this game feel like hugging Rex right now, like they did on Sunday, or are they too busy cutting it up this week at Ranger games?

* feeling sick to my stomach like any green blooded long time Jets fan and turning off the TV *

Archived