cut / trade geno smith ? ? ?

kelly

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Beerfish said:

Using the same metrics for geno as people did for rex eh?  The 8 wins was an aberration, we got killed in most games we lost and just using ones eyeballs to see the qb he was sh*ttastic.

What teams did the Jets beat that had winning records this past season, lets not anoint Fitz the next coming of a franchise QB just yet. 

He failed us when we needed him most with 3 INTs in a row to end our season. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

What teams did the Jets beat that had winning records this past season, lets not anoint Fitz the next coming of a franchise QB just yet. 

He failed us when we needed him most with 3 INTs in a row to end our season. 

huh?  Wha?  Did we just fall into the twilight zone here?  Take one topic of discussion, quote a person on that topic with  something that has ZERO to do with the topic at hand,

Just now, Beerfish said:

huh?  Wha?  Did we just fall into the twilight zone here?  Take one topic of discussion, quote a person on that topic with  something that has ZERO to do with the topic at hand,

Im directing my comments at the Geno haters on this forum and those that continue to argue a moot point at this time. 

9 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

So why do you claim I an idiot, might I ask? Because I called Geno Smith a f*cking punk? So what, you like him? If you do, you're probably the ONLY one. And when a guy like that beats up old men and gets into very trivial, embarrassing altercations in the locker room when Geno is in the ultimate leadership position, what conclusion do YOU draw???????

This, on top of the fact, he absolutely f*cking sucked as the starting QB. So what's left for you to defend?????

Or maybe you just don't like my attitude and language? Let me tell you, I am expressing it exactly the way it should be expressed. Geno Smith is a terrible QB and an even worse person.

Never said it was to me, but it figures you would use that as an excuse to run your mouth. $50 goes to Elias at JesFansUnited when the Jets cut Geno Smith which they certainly will before the players take the field in 2016. Get ready.

I am not giving Elias or you $50, period. And I have not lost the bet yet either. If you insist on that GFY, and calling me a pussy is a compliment coming from a complete douchenozzle like you.

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

lol  Oh yes, the old compliments from the owner and gm, that holds tons of weight.

Those are the people that make personnel decisions so you can bet their opinion holds a lot of weight. Most young QBs that get immediate compliments from their GM AND owner have nothing to worry about.  The blind ignorant hatred many of you have for Geno Smith borders on delusional and is thankfully not shared by Mac or Woody.

19 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I am not giving Elias or you $50, period. And I have not lost the bet yet either. If you insist on that GFY, and calling me a pussy is a compliment coming from a complete douchenozzle like you.

Figures an idiot like you would find a way to duck a bet you damn well know you made. But I figured going into it you would be a pussy about it. It's definitely your speed.

21 minutes ago, elgoman said:

Those are the people that make personnel decisions so you can bet their opinion holds a lot of weight. Most young QBs that get immediate compliments from their GM AND owner have nothing to worry about.  The blind ignorant hatred many of you have for Geno Smith borders on delusional and is thankfully not shared by Mac or Woody.

And you routinely believe everything Jets management says publicly? From god's mouth to your ears?

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Using the same metrics for geno as people did for rex eh?  The 8 wins was an aberration, we got killed in most games we lost and just using ones eyeballs to see the qb he was sh*ttastic.

Not like Fitz passes the eyeball test either. Weak armed, inaccurate and prone to interceptions, does not know how to slide. Folds against stronger defenses.still only 12 game winning drives in 12 years. Yeah we should build around the journeyman jag, and ignore the fact that our success was because of Gailey, Brandon and Decker, and a very very weak schedule. And this mistake has been made with Fitz before.

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Figures an idiot like you would find a way to duck a bet you damn well know you made. But I figured going into it you would be a pussy about it. It's definitely your speed.

God you are just a turd. GFY. That is not true and you know it. But I will just put you on ignore so I never have to listen to your drivel again.

On February 13, 2016 at 8:38 AM, LIJetsFan said:

I'm sure they are both out of our price range but you have to admit signing either of these two would make for an interesting season.  Neither would be as distasteful and stomach turning as Tebow or Vick.

I'd still want Fitz to start and have one of these as the backup/starter in waiting.  Relax thought, since IMHO there is <10% of signing either.      

We could sign either, their price wont be the issue.  The issue will be if Fitz does sign here like he should can either find a guaranteed starting job somewhere else.  Their not passing over a Cleveland or LA for us if their dangling a starting job.  Now if its us and someone else as a backup, they may have to decide which returning starter they think they can beat out or could hit a bad patch and open up a spot

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Because there are about a million more things you look at a HC to decide if he's good or not.  Discipline, preparedness, adaptability, etc, etc. have nothing to do with talent.  The way the HC, the team, the org, the players are depicted and viewed by others off of the HCs behavior and pressers is a function of his job.  

Rex failed on many levels that had nothing to do with the lack of talent on the team.

There isn't a rookie or 2nd QB alive who would have looked good with the talent he had a WR.  Look how ineffective Cam was in the SB when his mediocre WRs couldn't get open

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

God you are just a turd. GFY. That is not true and you know it. But I will just put you on ignore so I never have to listen to your drivel again.

Oh, really??? Would you care to make a wager about whether you made the bet or not? And this one ought to please you the most because you are so confident......

I am certain I can find our wager from last offseason. It was approximately the beginning of August on JetsFansUnited that we made our wager. Now, if you're so confident you can laugh all the way to the bank after I am forced to pay you? So this is what it all boils down to.... PUT UP OR SHUT UP. I'll be waiting......

On 2/12/2016 at 2:30 AM, slats said:

Jets won 10 games last year and, in the New York media market, there wasn't a single story all season or since about there being any problems with Geno in the locker room. Problems seem to be created by the fans who hate him. 

Except for that whole got punched out over $600 last season. AKA the most ridiculous locker room problem story in history. But hey, twist it how you want.

5 hours ago, elgoman said:

He's incorrect. Geno just got compliments from both the GM and owner. He's not going anywhere regardless of what some moron on this forum thinks.

Yeah and that NEVER happens right before a guy gets cut/fired/traded. 

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Im directing my comments at the Geno haters on this forum and those that continue to argue a moot point at this time. 

Jets fans hate horrid players that wreck the team and get in fights over chump change. We call that being a fan. I am a proud Geno hater. Better question is why wouldn't all Jets fans be? If he was a Bill or Dolphin everyone here would be laughing hysterically at what a joke he is.

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

Id be SHOCKED if anyone traded even a 7th for Geno. 

I agree with you. The only people who like Geno are some Jets fans, which is crazy since they are the ones who should hate him the most for his horrid play and thug turd, bo chap attitude.

5 hours ago, Mainejet said:

So why do you claim I an idiot, might I ask? Because I called Geno Smith a f*cking punk? So what, you like him? If you do, you're probably the ONLY one. And when a guy like that beats up old men and gets into very trivial, embarrassing altercations in the locker room when Geno is in the ultimate leadership position, what conclusion do YOU draw???????

This, on top of the fact, he absolutely f*cking sucked as the starting QB. So what's left for you to defend?????

Or maybe you just don't like my attitude and language? Let me tell you, I am expressing it exactly the way it should be expressed. Geno Smith is a terrible QB and an even worse person.

Never said it was to me, but it figures you would use that as an excuse to run your mouth. $50 goes to Elias at JesFansUnited when the Jets cut Geno Smith which they certainly will before the players take the field in 2016. Get ready.

Believe it or not Geno has quite the little core of fanboys on here. It is one of those mysteries of life that will never be solved like why do you never see a pair of shoes on the side of the highway, only just one.

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jets fans hate horrid players that wreck the team and get in fights over chump change. We call that being a fan. I am a proud Geno hater. Better question is why wouldn't all Jets fans be? If he was a Bill or Dolphin everyone here would be laughing hysterically at what a joke he is.

What did Fitzpatrick win us? Did I miss something the Super Bowl was Denver vs Carolina the Jets were sitting home because of Fitzpatrick's 3 INTs in the last 3 possessions with the game on the line. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What did Fitzpatrick win us? Did I miss something the Super Bowl was Denver vs Carolina the Jets were sitting home because of Fitzpatrick's 3 INTs in the last 3 possessions with the game on the line. 

Even for a Genoid that's a weak argument. So all non-Superbowl winning QBs are equal huh? Geno better get his HOF speech ready when they put his bust next to Marino's.

Also the hypocrisy is delicious. When Fitz was doing well, all we heard from Geno jock sniffers is "why keep bringing up Geno?? Can't we just be happy that Fitz is doing well?" And as I predicted a million times, the second Fitz has a rough outing (EVERY outing for Geno was rough) suddenly the Genoids want to talk Geno again. It's pathetically predictable. And in fact I did predict it.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Even for a Genoid that's a weak argument. So all non-Superbowl winning QBs are equal huh? Geno better get his HOF speech ready when they put his bust next to Marino's.

Also the hypocrisy is delicious. When Fitz was doing well, all we heard from Geno jock sniffers is "why keep bringing up Geno?? Can't we just be happy that Fitz is doing well?" And as I predicted a million times, the second Fitz has a rough outing (EVERY outing for Geno was rough) suddenly the Genoids want to talk Geno again. It's pathetically predictable. And in fact I did predict it.

I was happy I am happy Fitz had a great season something for Jets fans like us to be happy and proud of. I just hate seeing all the Geno bashing the guy did nothing wrong or unbecoming of a teammate or to warrant all the ridicule and attack fans on this forum gives him. 

Fitz threw 3 INTs in a row ending a very important game when Geno did that in an entire game guys here wanted to kill him. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I was happy I am happy Fitz had a great season something for Jets fans like us to be happy and proud of. I just hate seeing all the Geno bashing the guy did nothing wrong or unbecoming of a teammate or to warrant all the ridicule and attack fans on this forum gives him. 

Fitz threw 3 INTs in a row ending a very important game when Geno did that in an entire game guys here wanted to kill him. 

He did nothing wrong or unbecoming of a teammate? I hope you write down your grocery list before going to the store.

What did he do? Dude I been drinking beer and shots since 5 pm outside cleaning some snow and ice with neighbors. 

In addition to his putrid, historically bad play on the field, I can give you 600 hints.

Snow and ice---definitely don't miss that. Just went for a swim before work and probably will again when I get home. Ahhhh life in the tropics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

In addition to his putrid, historically bad play on the field, I can give you 600 hints.

Snow and ice---definitely don't miss that. Just went for a swim before work and probably will again when I get home. Ahhhh life in the tropics.

Fitz won us 10 games yahoo great season something to cheer about finally we agree but he lost in the end theres a reason so many teams have tried him and let him go. 

Snow and ice sucks ass.

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

Except for that whole got punched out over $600 last season. AKA the most ridiculous locker room problem story in history. But hey, twist it how you want.

And when you hate Geno it becomes his fault as opposed to a thug move by a guy with a history of being a thug.  Let's face facts

Let's not talk about twisting a story 

21 minutes ago, jgb said:

Believe it or not Geno has quite the little core of fanboys on here. It is one of those mysteries of life that will never be solved like why do you never see a pair of shoes on the side of the highway, only just one.

Hahahahahaha... that was actually a good one  :)

And when you hate Geno it becomes his fault as opposed to a thug move by a guy with a history of being a thug.  Let's face facts

Let's not talk about twisting a story 

Now I have seen it all. That sums up the pro geno crowd ladies and gents, like the player himself: NOTHING IS EVER HIS FAULT. Sorry I prefer an accountable team leader. And so does Macc and Bowles (and any other professional coach or GM that isn't a foot sniffing clown), from what I know about them already. And it won't be long for them to put a bullet in between your boys' eyes then you can go on to sniffing Petty's jock. Proving the ultimate irony: genoids say "no one is pro-fitz, they are just anti-Geno." When you switch from geno to Petty's man parts like a crab lice, your anti-fitz angle will be forever exposed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fitz won us 10 games yahoo great season something to cheer about finally we agree but he lost in the end theres a reason so many teams have tried him and let him go. 

Snow and ice sucks ass.

I enjoyed 17 weeks of jets football last year. Genoids spent 17 weeks pretending to be happy but really just hoping fitz stumbled so they could write more poems about their lover boy on JN.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Now I have seen it all. That sums up the pro geno crowd ladies and gents, like the player himself: NOTHING IS EVER HIS FAULT. Sorry I prefer an accountable team leader. And so does Macc and Bowles (and any other professional coach or GM that isn't a foot sniffing clown), from what I know about them already. And it won't be long for them to put a bullet in between your boys' eyes then you can go on to sniffing Petty's jock. Proving the ultimate irony: genoids say "no one is pro-fitz, they are just anti-Geno." When you switch from geno to Petty's man parts like a crab lice, your anti-fitz angle will be forever exposed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why do you always, al,it's every post try and put pro Geno v. Anti Geno.

he was assaulted and some try and make it into something more.  

You like to change it into so much more.  It's tiring.  And if that makes me pro or anti anything, fine.

Why do you always, al,it's every post try and put pro Geno v. Anti Geno.

he was assaulted and some try and make it into something more.  

You like to change it into so much more.  It's tiring.  And if that makes me pro or anti anything, fine.

Let's start with the foundational premise: why do you continue to defend the indefensible?

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Let's start with the foundational premise: why do you continue to defend the indefensible?

Not defending anything.

other than I'm sick and tired of the idea that getting punched proves that the one hit was at fault as if you have a clue.  And to keep trying to convince everyone that it's not because you hate Geno.  Then to immediately call anyone who just says we don't know a Geno lover.  

If defending logic and fact makes me anything it's ok

Archived