cut / trade geno smith ? ? ?

kelly

Not defending anything.

other than I'm sick and tired of the idea that getting punched proves that the one hit was at fault as if you have a clue.  And to keep trying to convince everyone that it's not because you hate Geno.  Then to immediately call anyone who just says we don't know a Geno lover.  

If defending logic and fact makes me anything it's ok

No, sucking proves he sucks. The way he refused to take responsibility and just give the 600 to a fringe player for the health of the team proves he is a POS. the fact that no one on the team intervened during the punch proves I am right. Which should not surprise you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jgb said:

No, sucking proves he sucks. The way he refused to take responsibility and just give the 600 to a fringe player for the health of the team proves he is a POS. the fact that no one on the team intervened during the punch proves I am right. Which should surprise you.

Your obsession has messed with your ability to think.  

You need to forget about Geno Smith.  He'll be gone soon and you'll have nothing to post about.  It's never ending with you.  He's a non factor and you can't let go. 

Your obsession has messed with your ability to think.  

You need to forget about Geno Smith.  He'll be gone soon and you'll have nothing to post about.  It's never ending with you.  He's a non factor and you can't let go. 

Nope, while the disease remains the treatment shall continue. Was chided over and over for continuing when Genoids appeared to have given up--even by anti-geno crowd. But I knew the infection just went dormant and I have saved the franchise by going with my gut and continuing

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Nope, while the disease remains the treatment shall continue. Was chided over and over for continuing when Genoids appeared to have given up--even by anti-geno crowd. But I knew the infection just went dormant and I have saved the franchise by going with my gut and continuing

You know when we've hit stupid? When we dream up names like Genoids to insult people.  No one gives a shlt about Geno.  Other than you, who bring him up all the time, start a discussion or turn it into something about Geno and then make it a pro v anti Geno thing when there is no one pushing for Geno anywhere other than your mind.  One last time, no one wants Geno to play.  Give it up already

You know when we've hit stupid? When we dream up names like Genoids to insult people.  No one gives a shlt about Geno.  Other than you, who bring him up all the time, start a discussion or turn it into something about Geno and then make it a pro v anti Geno thing when there is no one pushing for Geno anywhere other than your mind.  One last time, no one wants Geno to play.  Give it up already

Genoids always retreat to the "u is so dumb me no love geno!!!!" Response.

I believe drafting a QB serves the future of this franchise far more than retaining Geno Smith.

Geno Smith has no future in New York.  I have serious doubt he has any future in the NFL.

A draft pick may (stress may) have a chance.

Cut Geno, try again, try better.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Not defending anything.

other than I'm sick and tired of the idea that getting punched proves that the one hit was at fault as if you have a clue.  And to keep trying to convince everyone that it's not because you hate Geno.  Then to immediately call anyone who just says we don't know a Geno lover.  

If defending logic and fact makes me anything it's ok

You're wrong Jet Nut. You don't even understand. You're under this delusion that Geno got hit and it wasn't his fault. That's not it.

I am sure I can speak for everyone of those anti-Geno's as they're called and say, "It isn't about hating Geno, it's about hating the incident and EVERYONE involved. Geno opted to stiff a guy that was counting on Geno for his charitable cause. He then got adamant and let the argument rise out of control, this coming from a person who is in a position of leadership. I'm sorry but a leader just does not do this. In fact he steers clear of this sort of nonsense.

I do not condone IK striking Geno for a second. He should have been cut and quite frankly I'm glad he did get cut. But that does NOT leave Geno in the right.

You do realize that sometimes BOTH people are to blame, right?

Quite frankly, I DO have more disgust with Geno, not only because he stiffed a guy that was just trying to make a go at a charity, A GOOD CAUSE, but also because he was in a LEADERSHIP position.

When you are a leader of men, you have a HIGHER responsibility and that is to steer clear of any shallow locker room altercations that end in extremely embarrassing situations for  your favorite team and mine. Hell, YOU should be pissed with Geno because he ended up bringing this sh*t storm of embarrassment to the team that you are a self-professed lover of.

It's BS pure and simple. It does not belong on a team that is supposed to be all about team. Petty incidents like that do nothing but detract from teamwork. It's like finding a cancerous tumor in your locker room.

15 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

This is a pretty silly comment since you have not even seen the Kid play and NFL snap. So LOL at you

So, lol @ petty being #2 without taking an NFL snap. It's not like he was NFL ready the moment he was drafted. 

I have no particular love, nor hate, for Geno. I don't think he has a future here, but I can still see sense in keeping him as the #2 QB this season due to the fact that he's a known quantity, and he doesn't cost much. To replace him on the FA market with an actual upgrade in ability would cost a lot more than his current cap number, so I don't see us going that route.

If we choose to draft someone, then the last roster spot is a toss up between Petty & Geno; if you don't feel that either Petty or the draftee can be a dependable #2, then you give Geno the nod and cut Petty (maybe PS him if no-one claims him?).

But I certainly won't be out partying if and when we do cut Geno ... celebrating failure doesn't do it for me (well, not on my team at least; happy to celebrate failures elsewhere!)

8 hours ago, Mainejet said:

You're wrong Jet Nut. You don't even understand. You're under this delusion that Geno got hit and it wasn't his fault. That's not it.

I am sure I can speak for everyone of those anti-Geno's as they're called and say, "It isn't about hating Geno, it's about hating the incident and EVERYONE involved. Geno opted to stiff a guy that was counting on Geno for his charitable cause. He then got adamant and let the argument rise out of control, this coming from a person who is in a position of leadership. I'm sorry but a leader just does not do this. In fact he steers clear of this sort of nonsense.

I do not condone IK striking Geno for a second. He should have been cut and quite frankly I'm glad he did get cut. But that does NOT leave Geno in the right.

You do realize that sometimes BOTH people are to blame, right?

Quite frankly, I DO have more disgust with Geno, not only because he stiffed a guy that was just trying to make a go at a charity, A GOOD CAUSE, but also because he was in a LEADERSHIP position.

When you are a leader of men, you have a HIGHER responsibility and that is to steer clear of any shallow locker room altercations that end in extremely embarrassing situations for  your favorite team and mine. Hell, YOU should be pissed with Geno because he ended up bringing this sh*t storm of embarrassment to the team that you are a self-professed lover of.

It's BS pure and simple. It does not belong on a team that is supposed to be all about team. Petty incidents like that do nothing but detract from teamwork. It's like finding a cancerous tumor in your locker room.

Archived