The Jets QB Situation

joewilly12

37 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You really need to look at the quality of those 10 victories and assess whether or not it is likely repeated. I think that we were much worse than our record, stayed very healthy, are a year older and face a brutal schedule. Because of that, yes I think we need to rebuild.

As Parcells so eloquently said years ago, "You are what your record says you are".

Not what SOJFs so foolishly try to make it into.

You thought we sucked two years ago, thought we would suck going into last season, complained that we're the Jets during a 10 win season and are predicting they'll fall off the cliff next year. 

Not really surprised of your predictions of doom and gloom. Mite what you do.  Face it

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

As Parcells so eloquently said years ago, "You are what your record says you are".

You thought we sucked two years ago, thought we would suck going into last season, complained that we're the Jets during a 10 win season and are predicting they'll fall off the cliff next year. 

Not really surprised of your predictions of doom and gloom. Mite what you do.  Face it

We won 10 games with an easy schedule we only beat 2 teams that had winning records the other 8 wins came against teams with losing records. 

No doom and gloom 

Next year the schedule gets tougher 

Been there done that

i would rather roll the dice with Bryce Petty instead of the predictable outcome with Fitz at QB 

34 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

People are completely ignoring history with Fitz and actually want to attach their star to the guy, When it mattered he came up small, except for one 5 game window against really bad teams and a completely hobbled NE team. But they think that 5 game stretch is what he is, ignoring how awful he was much of the year and especially the final game, I do0 not think he played significantly better than another QB would have played in this offense under Chan Gailey. Chan makes every QB he touches sucessful.

Jets essentially were playing  playoff like games the final 6 games of the season.

They went on a winning streak, beat the Pats etc.  Unfortunately 5 out of 6 wasn't enough.  Only a fool doesn't walk away impressed by the way they play d down the stretch up to week 17.

Only SOJF doesn't see what they accomplished and wants to dump players based on losing 1 of 6.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

We won 10 games with an easy schedule we only beat 2 teams that had winning records the other 8 wins came against teams with losing records. 

No doom and gloom 

Been there done that

Post your genius solution, please, enlighten us with your wisdom

2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Post your genius solution, please, enlighten us with your wisdom

First I was whining you said why bother responding to me now I'm a genus what next

Stop being so hung up on my posts and get back to the discussion

Life is too short to argue with idiots  on a message board

Roll the dice with Bryce Petty 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No doom and gloom 

Been there done that

i would rather roll the dice with Bryce Petty instead of the predictable outcome with Fitz at QB 

The silly harder record angle is pure SOJF.  You don't have a fu(king clue that the schedule will actually be any harder than last season.  If you,watch the game you know this.  If you look for reasons to predict doom and gloom you don't. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Reply to above post. 

We already drafted Bryce Petty is he completely out of the picture now? 

Brandon Marshall isn't getting younger by the day WR position locked up now what about 2 years from now? 

Defensivley we need new LBs and a pass rusher

The time to win is now 47 years and counting with what ifs and wait until next year...........it never comes 

I am not disagreeing with the things your are saying.

My point was about "rebuilding" so it was unnecessary to talk about Petty. He is a cheap Potential solution at Qb. I hope he turns out. But he is essentially "free" so i didn't talk about him in a post about people taking up cap space.

I agree about Marshall very much. I love him. But we need to start getting more young talent at WR. I really want to spend a top 3 round pick on a WR or at least sign a decent mid-level YOUNG wr this FA. Somebody mentioned travis benjamin and id be very interested in him dependent on price. And I like someone who falls whether its Doctson, Miller, or Boyd in the draft. Maybe 2nd round.

LBs I agree on too. And i think we should spend a small chunk on a FA AND draft a LB in the top 4 rounds. But this is all addressable this offseason, and they can contribute this year as well as 3 years from now. I like Scooby Wright as someone who has killed it in college, has had a couple of injuries and can be had in about the 3rd round.

Additionally i would love to pick up another 2nd /3rd rounder for a RB like Collins/Dixon.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

The silly harder record angle is pure SOJF.  You don't have a fu(king clue that the schedule will actually be any harder than last season.  If you,watch the game you know this.  If you look for reasons to predict doom and gloom you don't. 

Have you seen the 2016 schedule 

Not SOJF 

Im stating facts you seem to have a reading comprehension issue facts are facts 

1 minute ago, BrickTamland said:

I am not disagreeing with the things your are saying.

My point was about "rebuilding" so it was unnecessary to talk about Petty. He is a cheap Potential solution at Qb. I hope he turns out. But he is essentially "free" so i didn't talk about him in a post about people taking up cap space.

I agree about Marshall very much. I love him. But we need to start getting more young talent at WR. I really want to spend a top 3 round pick on a WR or at least sign a decent mid-level YOUNG wr this FA. Somebody mentioned travis benjamin and id be very interested in him dependent on price. And I like someone who falls whether its Doctson, Miller, or Boyd in the draft. Maybe 2nd round.

LBs I agree on too. And i think we should spend a small chunk on a FA AND draft a LB in the top 4 rounds. But this is all addressable this offseason, and they can contribute this year as well as 3 years from now. I like Scooby Wright as someone who has killed it in college, has had a couple of injuries and can be had in about the 3rd round.

Additionally i would love to pick up another 2nd /3rd rounder for a RB like Collins/Dixon.

A pleasure discussing football with you. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Have you seen the 2016 schedule 

Not SOJF 

Im stating facts you seem to have a reading comprehension issue facts are facts 

Yeah and how many teams are exactly as they were the year before?  16 games and every team will be at full strength.  No team will be wors mthan their ending record of 2015.  And of course, the SOJF mantra, the Jets will be worse.  

There is not one single fact that says the 2016 schedule will play out more difficult than the 2015 schedule.  Happens all the time, teams facing what is a hard schedule off the prior seasons n becomes a cake walk.  So give us more "facts" and lessons on "comprehension"

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

First I was whining you said why bother responding to me now I'm a genus what next

Stop being so hung up on my posts and get back to the discussion

Life is too short to argue with idiots  on a message board

Roll the dice with Bryce Petty 

When they drafted Petty, word was that he may need at least two years on the bench. Why screw up his development -a long shot in itself- just because of a couple impatient fans? Bad, bad plan. 

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

If it takes 10 mil per to sign Fitz I'd do it because it's not really that much for a starting Qb. I'd take winning ten games, too because it usually gets you into the playoffs. We barely missed it in 2015. As for Geno the coaching staff constantly praised him last year and he didn't look bad in the one game he played in. So maybe the guy was on the bench learning after playing his first two seasons and not learning. I wouldn't throw out his development as a player because these are the years that Qbs start to understand how to play Qb in the NFL. This will be his 4th season. Since we suffered thru the learning curve why toss him out when at least the coaching staff publicly is saying he is doing well. Apparently he looks ok in practice and is being a good citizen (and maybe even a good teammate). I'd keep him for 2015 unless the coaching staff believes that Petty right now is better than Geno. 

Except Geno showed 100% in that game last year that he was the same old geno, with a chance to make a rally good impression if not seize the reigns if fitz was going to be out due to the thumb he did what he always does, look pretty good for a quarter or two or a few drives and then go totally in the tank with pure awful decisions, zero pocket awareness and flat out dumb plays.  He was the same Geno as we have seen before.

Jets are in what I would call QB Hell. The best case would be re-signing Fitz but can they afford him since he must be viewed as a short term answer. Geno and Petty are projects and as fans we have no real idea as to how their progress is viewed by the organization. As leader on this team I would hate to see him lost and have a disruption of team chemistry. This off-season will tell us a lot abut Mac and his ability to be an elite GM. So many question and I for one am impatient to start seeing the direction this team is headed. At that point real debate can get started as a posed to speculation.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

We only beat 2 teams with winning records we won 8 games against bad teams. 

Way too many guys sniffing Fitzpatricks dirty jock the guy is a mediocre QB who has never made the playoffs in his career,nice guy fun guy but not a winner. 

The same morons making comments like this bring up the great 8-8 year for geno and rex when they won two games simply by other teams making last play bone head plays and getting their asses blown off in almost all of the losses, that team was worthy of about 5 wins, Of course the dynamic changes for this argument right?  In this league you are supposed to win game, the jets won 10.  11 teams in the whole league won 10 or more games, 21 didn't.  Anyone treating last year as some kind if huge failure and blaming the qb is flat out stupid.  The classic case of 'I would rather look like a total fool and defend the indefensible than admit i may have been wrong.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The same morons making comments like this bring up the great 8-8 year for geno and rex when they won two games simply by other teams making last play bone head plays and getting their asses blown off in almost all of the losses, that team was worthy of about 5 wins, Of course the dynamic changes for this argument right?  In this league you are supposed to win game, the jets won 10.  11 teams in the whole league won 10 or more games, 21 didn't.  Anyone treating last year as some kind if huge failure and blaming the qb is flat out stupid.  The classic case of 'I would rather look like a total fool and defend the indefensible than admit i may have been wrong.

No failure we won 10 games amounted to nothing,lost when it counted the most the goal is to make the playoffs and win a Super Bowl at least for me anyway, maybe some fans have changed the way they look at it I haven't been awhile since 1969 getting tired of watching other teams on Super Bowl Sunday we won Super Bowl 3 we just watched Super Bowl 50,yea its been awhile...........

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I did not think we would suck either of the last 2 years. I thought we would be pretty decent this year. I thought 2 years ago, our first 6 games would determine whether we went 10-6 or 4-12 and they did. Also, not suggesting we tank suggesting we overhaul quite a bit. Much different.

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I did not think we would suck either of the last 2 years. I thought we would be pretty decent this year. I thought 2 years ago, our first 6 games would determine whether we went 10-6 or 4-12 and they did. Also, not suggesting we tank suggesting we overhaul quite a bit. Much different.

Suggesting we need to overhaul says you believe we suck.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Except Geno showed 100% in that game last year that he was the same old geno, with a chance to make a rally good impression if not seize the reigns if fitz was going to be out due to the thumb he did what he always does, look pretty good for a quarter or two or a few drives and then go totally in the tank with pure awful decisions, zero pocket awareness and flat out dumb plays.  He was the same Geno as we have seen before.

Agreed.  If Geno were somehow a "they", then the statement  "They are who we thought they were" would apply.

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

New England is 46-52 lifetime against the Miami Dolphins the friggin Dolphins 

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/head-to-head.htm

Well thats lifetime. If you want to do a fair comparison pick similar time frames.

9-3 last 12 vs Phins

10-2 vs Bills

However I am hopeful that will change now that the ball has to be fully inflated.

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

Well thats lifetime. If you want to do a fair comparison pick similar time frames.

9-3 last 12 vs Phins

10-2 vs Bills

However I am hopeful that will change now that the ball has to be fully inflated.

I was informing the closet Jets fan PatsFanTX of that information. 

Archived