Will Jets dump Geno Smith to accelerate Bryce Petty's development ? ? ?

kelly

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Cud? Am I a cow in a field?

Kirk Cousins is a free agent. He doesn't need to be traded for. But, you knew that.

Obviously, I was talking about when mac tried to trade for Kirk in the beginning of the season after geno got hurt. But, you knew that.

2 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Obviously, I was talking about when mac tried to trade for Kirk in the beginning of the season after geno got hurt. But, you knew that.

Sorry. If you had used the correct grammar of should HAVE instead of the unintelligent should OF, maybe I would be able to understand the ramblings out of your brain.

Also, Jets asked, were told he wasn't available. No sense is overpaying for a QB who has yet to really prove anything yet in the NFL except for the fact that he can take advantage of bad defenses, but gets abused by good ones.

33 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Well, if I remember correctly, Sanchez led game winning drives against great teams and stepped up in big time moments, and was a defensive collapse away from being in the SB. If I remember correctly smith managed to 8-8 with one of the worst rosters in the nfl. But again, what has fitz done?

The old 8-8 nonsense, the same justification for keeping rex that record was a total aberration we won two games becasue other teams handed us the game on the last play, we go destroyed in almost all of our loses, that team was more representative of a 5 win team.  Also Geno showed us exactly that he is in his game last year.  Looks good for a few drives and then then starts making a serious of mind numbingly bad decisions.  If we had Geno this year the sacks would have gone up by 50% the fumbles likewise.  Sanchez had about two games ever where he legitimately caused us to win games and tons where he caused loses.

Totally mind boggling to me that after the sheer and utter garbage Qbing we have had thge last 6 or 7 years that the hold the fort Qb from last year that got 10 wins, over 30 tds passes and at least 2 tds each game takes as much flack.

If your alternative is Sanchez and Geno then I'm not sure what to say except you're a glutton for punishment.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Count me in as well.

What our detractors are not seeing is how much of an positive influence Gailey would have been, especially for Smith.  For the first time in his young career, he would have a true coordinator who knew how to develop a quarterback, a system that played to his strengths, a solid running game and two of the best receivers in the game.   How could he not be substantially better in that situation?

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Then why re-sign Fitzpatrick.

He doesn't cost any assets to acquire (already traded a 6th round pick for him) and his cost for a contract shouldn't be prohibitive. There aren't any viable answers on the roster currently. His beard is ruggedly handsome. His teammates love him. The coaching staff loves him.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He doesn't cost any assets to acquire (already traded a 6th round pick for him) and his cost for a contract shouldn't be prohibitive. There aren't any viable answers on the roster currently. His beard is ruggedly handsome. His teammates love him. The coaching staff loves him.

Hes a great guy and decent QB I agree Carl,but I want to WIN a Super Bowl how about you. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Sorry. If you had used the correct grammar of should HAVE instead of the unintelligent should OF, maybe I would be able to understand the ramblings out of your brain.

Also, Jets asked, were told he wasn't available. No sense is overpaying for a QB who has yet to really prove anything yet in the NFL except for the fact that he can take advantage of bad defenses, but gets abused by good ones.

Again, keep falling back to your insults, I am on mobile right now so why would I care about using good grammar? You lost, you are now just in the thread trying to throw insults, may as well leave. 

And, pretty funny that as a fitz supporter you are trying to trash cousins, cousins lit the teams up that Fitzpatrick threw a combined 8 picks against

again, stay delusional, you can try to hurl more insults after you read this statement, please go masturbate to your fitztragic poster so you calm down

On February 25, 2016 at 11:37 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Sure it does. If they draft a QB this year, in any round, and Bryce Petty looks the part of at least a decent backup, Geno is gone.

Geno's contract is guaranteed, so there is no cap savings by cutting him.  However, I agree with you, assuming Fitz is back (or another vet QB starts) and Petty shows he can be a capable back-up, Geno will probably be cut.

16 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Geno's contract is guaranteed, so there is no cap savings by cutting him.  However, I agree with you, assuming Fitz, is back (or another vet QB starts) and Petty shows he can be a capable back-up, Geno will probably be cut.

Post June 1 cut, Geno saves a million with 500k dead money. 

If Jets take a QB I can definitely see a team trading Geno for a 5th round pick. Why let a guy get to free agency & have to pay him more? Getting an unknown (yes, for the most part Geno is unknown) for only 1.6 million is a steal.

QBs are so f*cking rare! teams are always trying to ressurect one. This whole nobody would want him story is BS. 

22 hours ago, Colgateman said:

The alternative would of been geno, I find it hilarious how you guys think fitz has all of sudden became a great qb when he was a garbage bin and a terrible qb for every season of his career except for this one. He is a journeyman for a reason, can your mind not grasp that? When geno came in for fitz he had the average game for him, without: first team reps, playing live football in a year, and being thrown in unexpected, I really find it hilarious you and the rest of the fitz lovers think a guy can't develop

i will find this board hilarious once tragic sh*ts the bed and gets benched next season, ALL of the FACTS and stats prove fitz was bailed out by a weak schedule and great cast, keep being delusional though

It would have to be most insanely idiotic decision to cut Fitz and decide to start Geno. The very dumbest decision they could ever make and would the Jets the subject of ridicule for many years to come if they decided to do such a stupid thing.

What we have right NOW, is a QB that drove one of the most prolific offenses in team history (granted there isn't much of a history there, but just the same). We are FINALLY getting some organized offense. We are finally getting something other a fancy running game and defense to win games. Opponents actually have to be mindful of the Jets passing game and you are suggesting we tear it up?

You're nuts. Pure and simple.

Geno Smith has NEVER built chemistry with any player on the team. NEVER. He had Eric Decker on the team before Marshall ever arrived and the Jets were the very worst team in red zone efficiency. Decker's numbers appreciated substantially since Fitz started throwing him the ball and he's become one of the most lethal guys in the red zone.

The mere suggestion that Geno Smith could do any of that is beyond absurd, He had two years to prove himself and he sucked worse than Mark Sanchez.

22 hours ago, Mainejet said:

It would have to be most insanely idiotic decision to cut Fitz and decide to start Geno. The very dumbest decision they could ever make and would the Jets the subject of ridicule for many years to come if they decided to do such a stupid thing.

What we have right NOW, is a QB that drove one of the most prolific offenses in team history (granted there isn't much of a history there, but just the same). We are FINALLY getting some organized offense. We are finally getting something other a fancy running game and defense to win games. Opponents actually have to be mindful of the Jets passing game and you are suggesting we tear it up?

You're nuts. Pure and simple.

Geno Smith has NEVER built chemistry with any player on the team. NEVER. He had Eric Decker on the team before Marshall ever arrived and the Jets were the very worst team in red zone efficiency. Decker's numbers appreciated substantially since Fitz started throwing him the ball and he's become one of the most lethal guys in the red zone.

The mere suggestion that Geno Smith could do any of that is beyond absurd, He had two years to prove himself and he sucked worse than Mark Sanchez.

You do realize that Decker was hurt for most of his first season with the team? When he was fully healthy, he and Geno did begin to develop chemistry together.  Also if you have Brandon Marshall on the other side, Decker is going to get lot more single coverages and not have the teams best corner covering him.   If you are going to use Decker as an example as least be honest about it. 

On 2/26/2016 at 1:52 PM, JetBlue said:

What our detractors are not seeing is how much of an positive influence Gailey would have been, especially for Smith.  For the first time in his young career, he would have a true coordinator who knew how to develop a quarterback, a system that played to his strengths, a solid running game and two of the best receivers in the game.   How could he not be substantially better in that situation?

Also, if you really think about it, what was everyone's problem with Two-Face in Gotham City? What his detractors weren't seeing is how much of a positive influence he would have been on the city if he hadn't had half his face burned by chemicals, thus turning him into a homicidal maniac with multiple personality disorder. How could they not have been substantially better in that situation?

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

That's laughable.

Tx, give it a rest.  You're the same guy who washed Matt Cassel and Ryan Mallet's balls for years and they're both significantly worse than Geno Smith after a matinee trip to the movies. 

Flame us all you want nobody cares about your opinion regarding the quarterback position.  A blind old lady has more credibility than you.

Archived