Eagles being gutted!

Integrity28

Kiko Alonso, Byron Maxwell and their contracts (specifically the ridiculous contract given to Maxwell) getting traded to Miami. Sounds like draft picks will be exchanged as well. Might be fair to assume that Philly is getting back higher picks. 

Demarco Murray is also being traded to Tennessee. Not sure what the Eagles will get in return, assuming draft picks.

This is something to keep an eye on. The Eagles are amassing a lot of picks, potentially, and clearing a lot of cap space by ridding themselves of bad contracts. Possible that they're looking to bundle and move up in the draft, get Pederson a QB to launch his HC career with... except Sam Bradford, right? So... perhaps they'll use their picks to re-tool that whole roster. 

Or... I know they hired Jim Schwartz as the DC, and Mo is more of a 3-4 end, but could they be a dark horse to trade for him... now that they've cleared cap space and could potentially have the picks to exchange?

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Kiko Alonso, Byron Maxwell and their contracts (specifically the ridiculous contract given to Maxwell) getting traded to Miami. Sounds like draft picks will be exchanged as well. Might be fair to assume that Philly is getting back higher picks. 

Demarco Murray is also being traded to Tennessee. Not sure what the Eagles will get in return, assuming draft picks.

This is something to keep an eye on. The Eagles are amassing a lot of picks, potentially, and clearing a lot of cap space by ridding themselves of bad contracts. Possible that they're looking to bundle and move up in the draft, get Pederson a QB to launch his HC career with... except Sam Bradford, right? So... perhaps they'll use their picks to re-tool that whole roster. 

Or... I know they hired Jim Schwartz as the DC, and Mo is more of a 3-4 end, but could they be a dark horse to trade for him... now that they've cleared cap space and could potentially have the picks to exchange?

And Mo attended Temple U. in Philly.

Get 'er done MacD

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Gutting the roster and take the huge dead money hit all at once.

Saved $8.5 Million with Maxwell, and $4 Million with Murray.  Yes, they took some dead money, but he obviously valued the $12.5 Million more than their contribution.

4 minutes ago, hawk said:

Saved $8.5 Million with Maxwell, and $4 Million with Murray.  Yes, they took some dead money, but he obviously valued the $12.5 Million more than their contribution.

Sounds like they got him to re-work his deal before the trade.  Heard a few weeks ago that it was $8 million to keep him or $13 mil hit to cut/trade him.  

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Sounds like they got him to re-work his deal before the trade.  Heard a few weeks ago that it was $8 million to keep him or $13 mil hit to cut/trade him.  

The only money that is dead is prorated bonuses.  His salary will transfer, and the prorated bonuses are $4 Million. 

Just now, detectivekimble said:

Some people actually thought he had some genius plan.  Turns out that he was a moron.

X's and O's aside because he never had the mobile QB he needed, but just horrible transaction after horrible transaction.

Just now, bealeb319 said:

Jets should check with them to see what it would cost to acquire Sproles. He is cheap and would be a pretty good fit for our system if they were willing to give him up for a fourth it might be worth it.

Had that same thought when Chip was fired.  Would't go as high as a 4 though with as much value as teams are placing on picks.  They gave up a 4 to get him a couple years ago IIRC.  I think Howie Roseman wants to acquire as many picks as possible to re-build.  I'd offer a 7 and see if they bite.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Had that same thought when Chip was fired.  Would't go as high as a 4 though with as much value as teams are placing on picks.  They gave up a 4 to get him a couple years ago IIRC.  I think Howie Roseman wants to acquire as many picks as possible to re-build.  I'd offer a 7 and see if they bite.

Yea that's fair. But what does he have left n the tank?

5 hours ago, Powpow said:

Yea that's fair. But what does he have left n the tank?

Always been a low mileage guy due to size, 2nd in the NFL in PR average last season.  Although, I'm nit sure what he earns TBH.

11 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Some people actually thought he had some genius plan.  Turns out that he was a moron.

Yep - he traded away Shady McCoy and picked Alonso in return (who is now in Miami). He acquired Murray to replace Shady (who is now in Tenn). Rumour has it Ryan Mathews is next.

It's not a gutting, it's an exorcism! :D

43 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

its in the ball park of 3 mil if you haven't checked yet

Thanks...was half asleep when replying.  That's too much for a pr unless they get him involved in the offense.

12 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Jets should check with them to see what it would cost to acquire Sproles. He is cheap and would be a pretty good fit for our system if they were willing to give him up for a fourth it might be worth it.

Sproles is a good fit for anybody's system.  Always loved the guy.  Difficult match up for any DC.  Go get the guy Mcc.

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

Always been a low mileage guy due to size, 2nd in the NFL in PR average last season.  Although, I'm nit sure what he earns TBH.

Low mileage yes but he will be 33 in June I thought the Jets wanted to get younger?? Eagles got him from the Saints for a 5th rd pick so a 7th could work I guess..

22 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Low mileage yes but he will be 33 in June I thought the Jets wanted to get younger?? Eagles got him from the Saints for a 5th rd pick so a 7th could work I guess..

They also want to get faster.

23 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

No one is trading for Mo. If they're going to make him the highest paid defensive player then they'll just wait for him to be FA

13 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

No one is trading for Mo. If they're going to make him the highest paid defensive player then they'll just wait for him to be FA

There are teams willing to trade for Mo I just don't think any will offer a first.

Archived