Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

Pac stated in the signup thread on Mar 17 that he'd be in Florida for a week, and his play would be "sporadic".  He also responded to his role PM on Mar 21 reiterating that he would play.  PM'd him yesterday, no response yet.  Not sure what happened there but he's been completely MIA for 8 days now. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not exactly sure what people see scummy in Verb, but I easily forgot a lot of the details of earlier game play, so bare with me. First, he blindly defended Brett (calling him town--at the moment) when Brett was going after Leelou. People seem to think that was pingy, but honestly, that was my first gut reaction. I thought Brett was town, too.

I do question why someone would point out a PR soft claim by someone, unless they think that person is full of sh*t. If a town PR is deftly trying to hint at their role, why would another townie point that out? I never got that. Just seems counter-intuitive to me. Ape actually pointed it out first, but I missed that at the time.

And, like Ape, I questioned Verb's sincerity in this post below. On the surface it reads as pro-townie "sacrifice me for information for the benefit of town", but it seems off. I don't know. Maybe too early?

34 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I'm not going to fight a D1 mislynch, because I don't really care.  I also think you'll probably get some good info with a NK flip added in there and have something to work with tomorrow.

Besides, I'll just be SMCing the sh*t out of the dead thread once I get there.  Where the hell is SMC anyway, miss that guy.

I'll keep my vote on Decker for now, but if people are ready to lynch Verb, then I'll move my vote there to avoid a no-lynch if I have to.

6 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Did Pac ever say he had something RL going on? I remember him saying he was on vacation last week... Not sure about what's going on today.

Ballin needs to put something out there too. And CTMs silence is pinging me, even though he will just brush that off as my paranoia 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pac stated in the signup thread on Mar 17 that he'd be in Florida for a week, and his play would be "sporadic".  He also responded to his role PM on Mar 21 reiterating that he would play.  PM'd him yesterday, no response yet.  Not sure what happened there but he's been completely MIA for 8 days now. 

Didn't he pop in the night of our first day and say something like "I have less availability than expected"?

9 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Did Pac ever say he had something RL going on? I remember him saying he was on vacation last week... Not sure about what's going on today.

Ballin needs to put something out there too. And CTMs silence is pinging me, even though he will just brush that off as my paranoia 

He got a promotion.  Said only posting at night .  Think he is a mulcher now

On 3/24/2016 at 0:31 AM, Pac said:

I may read this tomorrow.  Not getting down time usually get

I think this was his last post in thread, was actually 5 days ago and not on the first day.  The first day he just talked about golfing or stereos or mowing lawns, something Pac-like.

4 minutes ago, AVM said:

Didn't he pop in the night of our first day and say something like "I have less availability than expected"?

On 3/22/2016 at 8:59 PM, Pac said:

No work for full week.  As i said before flight leaves tomorrow..  most of my gameplay will come at night while recouping from days of sun, golf, and beers.

Don't want to be interrupting his vacation, but was hoping we'd at least get something from him by now.

On March 24, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Nynaeve said:

Official Vote Count

Leelou (3) - Brett, no penis, JiF

Lily (2) - Leelou, CTM

Hess (1) - Ballin

Verbal (1) - Hess

CTM (1) - Crusher

AVM (1) - Ape

Not Voting (6) - Spoot, decker, Pac, Verbal, AVM, Lily

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

On March 24, 2016 at 8:17 PM, Nynaeve said:

Official Vote Count

Leelou (3) - Brett, no penis, JiF

Hess (2) - Ballin, CTM

Verbal (1) - Hess

CTM (1) - Crusher

Lily (1) - Leelou

AVM (1) - Ape

Not Voting (6) - Spoot, decker, Pac, Verbal, AVM, Lily

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

Page 14- "doesn't know what's going on" while games still in joke mode

Page 15- "Pretty sure Brett is scum"

*phoney outspoken reaction to Leelou's soft claim

His OMGUS to me and Lily

he's gone from trying to play hard ass to aloof 

Overall flailing, weepy, scummy nerdish play

***official day action: shoot Verbal through the face with a crossbow then break it in half with his skull and stab eye sockets out repeatedly****

50 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't believe you are being sincere. Consider the melts you've had over blind lynches and being shot early in the past.

True, but after the game I can prove that I really don't care anymore.  I never play the appeal to emotion game, and you know that.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Page 14- "doesn't know what's going on" while games still in joke mode

Page 15- "Pretty sure Brett is scum"

*phoney outspoken reaction to Leelou's soft claim

His OMGUS to me and Lily

he's gone from trying to play hard ass to aloof 

Overall flailing, weepy, scummy nerdish play

***official day action: shoot Verbal through the face with a crossbow then break it in half with his skull and stab eye sockets out repeatedly****

100% accurate

Btw, you're voting yourself tomorrow. ;-)

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

True, but after the game I can prove that I really don't care anymore.  I never play the appeal to emotion game, and you know that.

I wasn't accusing you of playing "appeal to emotion". I was just saying the pragmatic "I'm a safe lynch, I don't care" bit doesn't mesh with your history of whelping over dying early.

Just now, HessStation said:

****starts vicktory dance in form of an Irish jig on Verb's dead carcass****

Although you didn't say I was scum....you said I was pinging.  Not really the same, but I grant you the victory.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I wasn't accusing you of playing "appeal to emotion". I was just saying the pragmatic "I'm a safe lynch, I don't care" bit doesn't mesh with your history of whelping over dying early.

I used to care more.

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

I'm not going to fight a D1 mislynch, because I don't really care.  I also think you'll probably get some good info with a NK flip added in there and have something to work with tomorrow.

Besides, I'll just be SMCing the sh*t out of the dead thread once I get there.  Where the hell is SMC anyway, miss that guy.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

I'll vote myself tomorrow if Verbnerd is town. 

haha.. wtf?

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

pac and his buddies are busy golfing

Golf-Turf-Students-Mowing.jpg

Just now, Verbal said:

I've been saying that about Lily all day, but for all the talk about you guys not wanting her to get away with lurking......you let it happen anyway.

willing to go here as well.. leelou less likely as brett's vote on her felt opportunisitc

2 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Who is the paranoid one now? Am I that under your skin after the last couple games?

vote planted on spoot for reasons I still don't understand, then moved over to leelou right around when a few people were talking about running her boobs up -- like you wanted to get in before it would look suspicious

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

vote planted on spoot for reasons I still don't understand, then moved over to leelou right around when a few people were talking about running her boobs up -- like you wanted to get in before it would look suspicious

1) Spoot wanted to run up Leelou only to make her reveal, I wanted to run up Leelou because she was scummy. That was what stood out about Spoots logic... I understand running her up if you think she's scum, but to do it just for the hell of it read opportunistic.

2) I've been reading scum on Leelou all day and have been pretty vocal about that... So I've been always been in early, my vote doesn't change that

Archived