Maccagnan and Bowles are downgrading this team

Kleckineau

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

No need to be condescending. We has the money to lock up mo or snacks last year. We spent too freely elsewhere. That was my opinion last year when it was happening as I watched the cap shrink far too quickly. The money spent on DBS alone was a bit ridiculous. Mac may have felt the pressure to spend away and win immediately after seeing Idzik shipped out unceremoniously after only two seasons. That's why my original post said the accolades and criticisms were premature until 2017. 

Sorry, not trying to be condescending.  But we didn't spend too freely.  The secondary was putrid and we fixed it, brought in Revis.  Cro didn't work out but he was a 1 year deal, we all knew that.  Gave them time to see what they have in Williams, Milliner and Dex.  Sometimes it's not easy, have to make tough decisions.  Yes, cut Brick and you save 9 mil.  But you have to sign another T.  Aren't going to save big money when all is said and done.  Really that's the issue.  3 players, Brick, Revis and Wilkerson eat up 30% of the cap.  The only one on Macc is Revis.  He's trying to move Mo, trying to get something big in return, money and picks/players.  Revis made and makes the Jets a better team, hard to argue against him

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a bit early for the pessimism. There's a lot of big decisions to be made as well as a full draft. In fact we almost certainly don't have our QB currently on the roster.

The schedule is a bit irrelevant by the way. Yeah it's not looking easy but how they look in March/April time can be a lot different to how they look in October. Team's go from good to bad every year in the NFL, and often very unexpectedly. Normally what I'd fear this far out are a lot of elite QB's - We have a few but nothing too terrifying. 

As for judging Mac & Bowles already - LOL. Then again some did want Bowles sacked after the Raiders game.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:36 PM, Mogglez said:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Woo lawd, what a dumb thread.

I have never heard you speak, but I heard my grandmother when I read Woo lawd..... Thanks for the laugh and the smile....

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Might have to reserve judgment on Smith until we see him play with a QB that can throw a ball beyond three feet with some velocity.

Smith on this team with Fitz at QB is like a Ferrari without an engine.  Not useful

Smith looked like shi* last year and if all he can do is run a 9 route then he was a lousy pick.  He looked lost out there most of the time.  (Not to mention perhaps being a part of the biggest fail play of the year, the fumbled kick for a td.)

Will he have more value when we get a QB with a better arm?  For sure but his overall game needs to be a lot better. Outside of the lack of downfield throws he still looked bad.

5 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

No, Carpenter, too.  He was shifting from Seattle's zone scheme to our man based blocking, and while there was every reason to think he'd make the transition well, there was still risk there.

There's risk with a lot of FA acquisitions. But it would seem Carpenter was going to be on the team for at least 2 seasons anyway, so there was little incentive to make him count so little in year 1 compared to years 2+. The incentive was more to create current cap room. 

There wasn't more risk with Carpenter right now compared to Revis 2 years after the signing.

13 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

kerley was the greatest offensive weapon idzik had at the time?

The week after he traded for Harvin?  Guy was under contract, no need to extend him.  Especially not for the kind of money that could have netted an actual WR before the season started.

11 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Jets fans. Man.

Williams, Mauldin, and Simon are a pretty good haul from a draft, with Petty, Harrison, and Smith still having opportunity to develop.  No busts, a stud in rd 1 and the potential for 2 starters & 2 major reserves in year 2 is one hell of a draft

Simon?  He's your third best pick? The guy didn't play a snap.  He was cut out of camp and was on the street a month before he made the practice squad.  They didn't even bump him up before the end of the season in the fear he'd get snatched up. Same for Harrison.  He made the team out of camp, but spent a month on the street and ended the season on the practice squad.   

Archived