Shopping Mo ?

no psls

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, if you're saying "regardless if this is realistic or not" is kinda telling actually. Its your interpretation, but shouldnt it be realistic? If not then whats the point? 

Also, I know you would in a heartbeat, given your interpretation, but I didnt ask you about what you would do personally, I said look at those teams in the top spots and you tell me which one you think would "realistically" trade this pick and pay Mo Watt money. 

Teams that want to fit a salary of MO's in can do it. Theres a lot of tricks and shuffling around to get a player to fit books wise. Baltimore is tight, but they do like to move, and they are looking for DL help. Basically if I have a choice between DF Buckner or MO Plus a 20 plus a conditional, would I try and figure out how to fit him in? Answer that question and there is your answer. Realistic or not.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

It's a pretty easy choice. One guy plays all the time at a high level and the other guy fits in playing at a high level in between suspensions and riding the bench.

Welp, great thing is we'll find out this season.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Welp, great thing is we'll find out this season.

While sure, it's possible Richardson has a better 2016 - he's prime aged, healthy, good when he's on the field, will be surrounded by two less flashy but otherwise better teammates...I don't think that should suddenly override everything else known about the two players accumulated over the course of years.

5 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

Teams that want to fit a salary of MO's in can do it. Theres a lot of tricks and shuffling around to get a player to fit books wise. Baltimore is tight, but they do like to move, and they are looking for DL help. Basically if I have a choice between DF Buckner or MO Plus a 20 plus a conditional, would I try and figure out how to fit him in? Answer that question and there is your answer. Realistic or not.

If the Jets pull that off or anything remotely close to it...I'll remember this conversation and give you massive credit. 

2 minutes ago, jett said:

People need to stop say Wilk is only behind watt because that Is laughable. 

If you want to include all 300+ pounders it's cool to say Watt and Donald. After that it's a bunch of poor-man versions of Wilkerson or one of those guys....Fletcher Cox is poor man's Wilkerson...Calais Campball is poor man's Watt....Richardson's a poor man's Donald....

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

While sure, it's possible Richardson has a better 2016 - he's prime aged, healthy, good when he's on the field, will be surrounded by two less flashy but otherwise better teammates...I don't think that should suddenly override everything else known about the two players accumulated over the course of years.

When I think of Sheldon, first thing that comes to mind is that play where he was sprinting down the sideline chasing a WR/RB (I forget).  He's a beast in the trenches, but also one heck of an athlete in space.  And he has heart and hustles.  

If he gets his head on straight off the field this year, I want him locked up next off-season long-term.

Wilk is great.  Sheldon can be an all-time great Jet.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

When I think of Sheldon, first thing that comes to mind is that play where he was sprinting down the sideline chasing a WR/RB (I forget).  He's a beast in the trenches, but also one heck of an athlete in space.  And he has heart and hustles.  

If he gets his head on straight off the field this year, I want him locked up next off-season long-term.

Wilkerson's basically already an all-time great Jet - bar's not exactly high - and could be alot more. In the sense that careers are marathons rather than sprints, Wilkerson's got an outstanding one going.

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Imagine locking up Mo Wilk Sheldon Jenkins 

Reminds me of Gastineau-Klecko-Salamn Lyons the Sack Exchange

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

If you want to include all 300+ pounders it's cool to say Watt and Donald. After that it's a bunch of poor-man versions of Wilkerson or one of those guys....Fletcher Cox is poor man's Wilkerson...Calais Campball is poor man's Watt....Richardson's a poor man's Donald....

Watt and Donald are elite. That's it 

7 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Is there news on this I'm missing.

Desperately hope stays as I just don't see us getting anything close to good value for him. If we trade him for a 2nd I'll be disgusted. **** the cap.

Mac might have no other choice than to let him walk. Take off the franchise tag and tell him not to let the door hit him in the a$$ on the way out. Mo can be replaced by Leonard Williams and the Jets would 15.7 million of cap space. Not only that they would receive compensation for losing him in the way of extra draft picks. I say restructure Ferguson and cut Wilkerson and get your cap in order. I don't see another way. No one is going to trade for a guy making that much money. The team can cut him and if someone makes him an offer the Jets can live with they can match it. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Nah, Wilkerson too

Wilkerson is NOT elite. He is a big step down from JJ Watt. As I was saying in a previous post, I would cut him. The jets risk losing him next year anyway with no compensation. If they cut him they can always resign him by matching the offer made to him. No one is going to trade for a guy making as much as a QB. It is simply out if whack.

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Imagine locking up Mo Wilk Sheldon Jenkins 

Reminds me of Gastineau-Klecko-Salamn Lyons the Sack Exchange

That can't and won't happen. It is a different era, and the Jets have to stop thinking of themselves in terms of 'family' and start being an organization like NE where guys come and go and are never overpaid. Mo Wilkerson is NOT worth 15.7 million and I would tell him that to his face.

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

Wilkerson is NOT elite. He is a big step down from JJ Watt. As I was saying in a previous post, I would cut him. The jets risk losing him next year anyway with no compensation. If they cut him they can always resign him by matching the offer made to him. No one is going to trade for a guy making as much as a QB. It is simply out if whack.

Watt could walk into the HOF if he retired this minute. It's possible to be elite without being on the same level as JJ Watt. The rest of your post is nuts.

If we could only have lost a couple more games in 2014.  We'd have Mariota.  Williams (even though I'm psyched he's a Jet) wouldn't be here and we would've signed Mo long-term.

Plus we wouldn't have months and months of debate over Fitz vs Geno vs ?.

Come to think of it, I wonder if JetNation had something to do with it.  We wouldn't have anything to talk/argue about now.

Just now, SenorGato said:

Watt could walk into the HOF if he retired this minute. It's possible to be elite without being on the same level as JJ Watt. The rest of your post is nuts.

How so? You think Wilk is worth 15.7 million? No way. DL is the strongest and deepest position on the team and here is a guy wanting to throw you into cap hell for the next however many seasons. Signing Mo will lose the Jets Richardson and Williams down the road. Don't be stupid. Mr Kitty.

2 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

That can't and won't happen. It is a different era, and the Jets have to stop thinking of themselves in terms of 'family' and start being an organization like NE where guys come and go and are never overpaid. Mo Wilkerson is NOT worth 15.7 million and I would tell him that to his face.

Well then the Jets better start drafting better like the Patriots 

6 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

My dream move for the Jets to make, non-QB related, is Sheldon to the Seahawks for pick #26. Dream move is a dream move for a reason.

Couldn't argue with it if it happened.  There's a logjam at DE.  Someone has gotta go.  But you're right, it's not gonna happen.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Well then the Jets better start drafting better like the Patriots 

I couldn't agree more. Also, the Pats are never in cap hell because they don't fall in love with players and overpay them. When their usefulness is done so are they. It's a hard business but it is a business and the Jets need to start treating it like one. Past GM's used to concern themselves with how the fans would react to trading this guy or cutting that one and you can't run a business like that.

2 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I couldn't agree more. Also, the Pats are never in cap hell because they don't fall in love with players and overpay them. When their usefulness is done so are they. It's a hard business but it is a business and the Jets need to start treating it like one. Past GM's used to concern themselves with how the fans would react to trading this guy or cutting that one and you can't run a business like that.

Exactly perfect example is Dee Milliner another #1 draft pick on this roster that never plays in New England he would have been cut and next man up 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Well, that would be a very poor choice.  lol

Let me guess just cuz it's not your opinion huh. U would take Wilk. Why? Corners are more in demand than De's. And 2009 Revis was way better than anything ng that Wilk could be 

Archived