ROUND 6: Film on Calvin Pryor

joerb31

I did not realize he had so many TD saving plays. His speed is under rated. Todd coached him up last year and he played like a seasoned veteran. PB if he stays healthy. Should have made it last year. Teams will definetly have to account for him.

thanks again for the vids

4 hours ago, Colgateman said:

I will never forget when jets fans were labeling him a huge bust and calling him trash.

i can't wait for Devin smith and Jace amaro to prove you all wrong next year

I hope you're right. At this point, just let one of those guys improve as much as Pryor did and we'll be much better.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I hope you're right. At this point, just let one of those guys improve as much as Pryor did and we'll be much better.

Pryor is the perfect example of why not to write off somebody after one year in the NFL. 

5 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

I did not realize he had so many TD saving plays. His speed is under rated. Todd coached him up last year and he played like a seasoned veteran. PB if he stays healthy. Should have made it last year. Teams will definetly have to account for him.

thanks again for the vids

Anytime! I enjoy breaking the film down! More coming

On April 19, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Colgateman said:

I will never forget when jets fans were labeling him a huge bust and calling him trash.

i can't wait for Devin smith and Jace amaro to prove you all wrong next year

Some still are calling him a bust, complaining that Jets fans overrate him

• 2 months later...

Good work, Joe. Almost all of his highlight plays come in the running game/screen recognition. While Jets fans love Pryor, we need to recognize that he is a limited player that thrives in a certain role. We can't expect him to play deep free safety the way that Rex deployed him from time to time his rookie year. Kudos to Bowles for putting him in a place where he can succeed. 

-Kyle Smith

35 minutes ago, @AFCEastBros said:

Good work, Joe. Almost all of his highlight plays come in the running game/screen recognition. While Jets fans love Pryor, we need to recognize that he is a limited player that thrives in a certain role. We can't expect him to play deep free safety the way that Rex deployed him from time to time his rookie year. Kudos to Bowles for putting him in a place where he can succeed. 

-Kyle Smith

Bowles was able to do that because his top priority was paying premium money to Gilcrist, who is an ex-CB who was playing more SS for the Chargers.  Brilliant move to make him a FS in Bowles" system.  

That is a position that the Jets put too much money in, and Pryor will need to get paid.  I don't know whether someone to replace Gilcrist is on the roster.  

On April 19, 2016 at 10:14 PM, joerb31 said:

Pryor is the perfect example of why not to write off somebody after one year in the NFL. 

And why fans should stop talking as if their opinions are absolute fact.

3 hours ago, peebag said:

Excellent post - lots better than the 54th thread about Fitz.....

Appreciate it man! Check out the others on Revis/Jenkins/McLendon/Mauldin/L.Williams/Powell ??

Archived