Petty has improved his Madden skills.

Mike135

Funny thing is I'm an avid madden player ...: ranked in top 1000 and Petty is the best QB online for Jets.  Not sure you can learn much from madden. It's far from realistic .:.: but I like Petty and can't wait to see him in preseason ! I think he is the future franchise QB 

I'm just looking forward to see what he's learned and if we as Jets fans will be excited about him potentially starting eventually in the future. I don't believe that's right now, but I believe the CS is EXPECTING Petty to graduate into the back QB spot.

Lol, espn is killin' Petty.  Whole studio (including cameramen) laughing at him.  Then ended NFL Live with Xbox controllers and some Petty preseason action as if they were playing Madden.

Good to hear he learned his lesson though.  Coulda been worse.

22 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Lol, espn is killin' Petty.  Whole studio (including cameramen) laughing at him.  Then ended NFL Live with Xbox controllers and some Petty preseason action as if they were playing Madden.

Good to hear he learned his lesson though.  Coulda been worse.

If the kid has any chance of being the QB in NYC, he's gotta have a thick skin. Gotta be able to handle the (bad) press. This was a good reply, one that could/should put the matter to bed. Good for him. 

On 5/16/2016 at 4:59 PM, Fibonacci said:

After reading this, I just want to become brain dead for a few hours. I am confused about how to feel. WTF did I just read? :(

Since no one here has any reading comprehension I'll help you guys out. Here's what Petty said. He's gotten so much better at football that it's improved his play at Madden. That last year he didn't even know what an "under front" was. He's spent so much time dedicated to reading defenses and improving that he even started to view his leisure activity through the eyes of an NFL quarterback.

If any human being read his quote and took it as Madden improving his football play and not the other way around should hire a lawyer and sue their third grade teacher.

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

1969-Sears-SBi.jpg

I own the Super Bowl III version of electric football, pretty rare actually. 

SAR I

I remember there was one player shape where one arm was in a circle (I think to hold the ball) and the other with the arm extended.  I think it was supposed to be for a RB (with the hand pushing the defender out of the way) but maybe it was made for Broadway Joe and the famous finger wag (putting up 1 finger after winning the SB and running off the field).

44 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Wow that's awesome.  Sell it to me and I'll pay you DOUBLE the price.  Hard to pass up $30!

/sarc

I paid like $200 for it 15 years ago on eBay, it's somewhere buried in my attic in the original box.  It looked cool to own it on paper but in reality no one wanted to play it and it's not conducive to setting out on display.

But it's okay if I wasted time there; that same year I got a ticket stub to Super Bowl III and a complete and unused ticket to the AFL Championship Game at Shea, the early days of eBay were pretty amazing.

SAR I

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I paid like $200 for it 15 years ago on eBay, it's somewhere buried in my attic in the original box.  It looked cool to own it on paper but in reality no one wanted to play it and it's not conducive to setting out on display.

But it's okay if I wasted time there; that same year I got a ticket stub to Super Bowl III and a complete and unused ticket to the AFL Championship Game at Shea, the early days of eBay were pretty amazing.

SAR I

I spent a good deal of my childhood playing that game.  I remember having the Rams/Steelers (from 1979).  The kicking and passing in that game was ridiculous. It was impossible to pass.  And you could kick a 100 yard FG if you did it right.

Football II was another great game.

Archived