Buffalo News Writer: Rex Ryan Isn't That Smart

joewilly12

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If the Jets really did try to trade Mo and were asking for less than a 1st round pick there wasn't a market for him at the franchise tag price. The Jets don't want to pay him almost 16 mil in 2016 or do other teams. If so why try to trade him (if true). And possibly his asking price for a multi year deal is too expensive. Cap problems for a few million are fixable. But for multi-millions not so easy to fix. 

Mo is about future cap not current cap.

5 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Rex hasn't won a damn thing since becoming a NFL HC.

0 Divisional titles

0 Conference Championships

0 Super Bowl titles

that list looks like BB's resume without Brady but at least Rex got his team close to a SB which BB has never done w/o Brady.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rangers9 said:

In this neck of the woods 4 playoff wins and going to 2 AFC Championships is a big deal. Just like it was in your neck of the woods before BB came aboard. Over the years our two franchises paralleled each other in terms of ineptitude, In a way like the Rangers and Boston Bruins did before expansion.

are you downplaying 2 chances at SBs? the same guy that is throwing a parade for missing the playoffs in 2015?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Mo is about future cap not current cap.

that list looks like BB's resume without Brady but at least Rex got his team close to a SB which BB has never done w/o Brady.

Mo is scheduled to make 16 mil in 2016. That counts against current cap.

In this neck of the woods 4 playoff wins and going to 2 AFC Championships is a big deal. Just like it was in your neck of the woods before BB came aboard. Over the years our two franchises paralleled each other in terms of ineptitude, In a way like the Rangers and Boston Bruins did before expansion.

The Pats won Conference Championships in 1986 and 1996.

The ineptitude of the Jets does not parallel that of the Pats.

You need to compare the Jets to the Browns and Lions.

1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

Look in those years before BB and Brady both teams made the playoffs and had a few good teams but not consistently. The one constant was Parcells in both situations. He was the one who basically imo turned things around with the Jets. And also to some degree with NEP. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Mo is scheduled to make 16 mil in 2016. That counts against current cap.

sure but he isn't being signed long term b/c we have too many guys to pay that will affect longterm cap.

4 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

pre Brady we had 1 SB title and you zero.  Pre Brady the Pats are the Jets minus a SB.

3 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Jets won a Bowl in it's 3rd year of existence it took the Pats 42 years to win their 1st Bowl.. And the Browns and Lions never won a Bowl..:)

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

sure but he isn't being signed long term b/c we have too many guys to pay that will affect longterm cap.

pre Brady we had 1 SB title and you zero.  Pre Brady the Pats are the Jets minus a SB.

I didn't add up all of the wins and losses and playoff appearances for both franchises prior to BB and Brady. But both teams were often mediocre. They had a few good teams in the '80's and so did we. 

8 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

C'mon Tx, that's a stretch, even for you. Compared to those flea bitten organizations, the Jets look like the Pats and Steelers.

3 hours ago, section314 said:

C'mon Tx, that's a stretch, even for you. Compared to those flea bitten organizations, the Jets look like the Pats and Steelers.

The Browns moved to Baltimore became the Ravens and have won 2 bowls since the move imagine how some long time Browns fans feel..:(

How is that a stretch 314?

Since the merger in 1970, the Jets have only 2 outright division titles, 0 conference championships and 0 Super Bowl titles.

Very similar to the Browns and Lions.

27 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

How is that a stretch 314?

Since the merger in 1970, the Jets have only 2 outright division titles, 0 conference championships and 0 Super Bowl titles.

Very similar to the Browns and Lions.

So what about overall record and playoff appearances. That's really the measure of ineptitude. We're not on their level but we were on yours until Belichick. Your team was as incompetent as ours was. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Fair enough Captain Obvious.

Question, Once Brady is done and if the Jets can turn it around will you be JetsFanTX

or will you have already jumped on the Seahawks or another perennial contenders bandwagon?

BTW, since you want to talk about ineptitude, in this,neck of the woods, the quality of

your contribution to the sites content is somewhere south of Teh Falcon's and not the least bit clever or entertaining like you think it is.

Rex is trying to pull the same thing he did here in Buffalo. Take charge of personnel and give us his groceries spiel except he doesn't use the word groceries. You know what I mean. If I'm getting fired (which will happen) let me do it on my terms. He wasn't the GM here but had way too much influence in the draft etc. And when things didn't go right (because of his poor evaluation on players) he found ways to point the finger (and give the finger) elsewhere. The guy is a phony. I don't think he ever beat up anyone unless other people (like Rob) were holding them. 

4 hours ago, Savage69 said:

The Jets won a Bowl in it's 3rd year of existence it took the Pats 42 years to win their 1st Bowl.. And the Browns and Lions never won a Bowl..:)

How many Super Bowls have the jets won in the last 15 years? None. How many have the Pats? Four

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Fair enough Captain Obvious.

Question, Once Brady is done and if the Jets can turn it around will you be JetsFanTX

or will you have already jumped on the Seahawks or another perennial contenders bandwagon?

BTW, since you want to talk about ineptitude, in this,neck of the woods, the quality of

your contribution to the sites content is somewhere south of Teh Falcon's and not the least bit clever or entertaining like you think it is.

When Brady is done in a couple seasons, Jimmy will take over, picking right up where Brady left off with the domination of the AFC east, and the AFC.

3 hours ago, Colgateman said:

How many Super Bowls have the jets won in the last 15 years? None. How many have the Pats? Four

How many HOF QB's have the Jets had in the last 15 years?? Just Farve and he got hurt as was  Brady who missed all of 2008..

3 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Wrong the Bowl was in it's 3rd year of existence Supe III.. I know you look to argue every point just try to be right when you do..:)

when you say "it's" I thought you were referring to the Jets.  wasn't looking to argue just looking to correct what I thought was an incorrect point(I do like doing that:D)

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

when you say "it's" I thought you were referring to the Jets.  wasn't looking to argue just looking to correct what I thought was an incorrect point(I do like doing that:D)

I've been a fan since the Titans in 1960 so that's not a mistake I would make..;)

15 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Wait, the toothpaste guy is a Rats fan?

Oh yeah, he is a big time troll. Some days he poses as a Jets fan, others he comes out of the closet and shows his true colors, either way, he really should be banned. Besides being a troll, he attacks many posters.

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

Oh yeah, he is a big time troll. Some days he poses as a Jets fan, others he comes out of the closet and shows his true colors, either way, he really should be banned. Besides being a troll, he attacks many posters.

I just thought he was an emo all this time.

Archived