Start Geno

drdetroit

Short lesson:

Franchise QB = face of the franchise, player worth trading almost any/everything for.  Worth locking up a HUGE percentage of cap room.

Career year = best year of a player's career.  A year much better than he ever had.  A year that he could never hope to match.  The kind of year that you don't pay for because you will not get that kind of production again.

None of these guys is a franchise QB and you don't pay them like franchise QBs.  You also don't pay them for career years. The problem is that in a world where Cousins and Tannehill are worth almost $20M per and Osweiller, Smith and Bradford get $17M per, you pay crazy money for guys that aren't franchise QBs.  When Chase Daniel is getting $12M guaranteed and $7M per a crappy starting/good backup QB still gets a ridiculous deal.  

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Short lesson:

Franchise QB = face of the franchise, player worth trading almost any/everything for.  Worth locking up a HUGE percentage of cap room.

Career year = best year of a player's career.  A year much better than he ever had.  A year that he could never hope to match.  The kind of year that you don't pay for because you will not get that kind of production.

None of these guys is a franchise QB and you don't pay them like franchise QBs.  You also don't pay them for career years. The problem is that in a world where Cousins and Tannehill are worth almost $20M per and Osweiller, Smith and Bradford get $17M per, you pay crazy money for guys that aren't franchise QBs.  When Chase Daniel is getting $12M guaranteed and $7M per a crappy starting/good backup QB still gets a ridiculous deal  

^^^^^^

10 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Now I know why Marshall and Decker took off the first few OTAs.  Geno is firing a cannon out there.  They wanted to let the hands rest a bit.

It's a tough adjustment going from a peashooter to a cannon.

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Now I know why Marshall and Decker took off the first few OTAs.  Geno is firing a cannon out there.  They wanted to let the hands rest a bit.

It's a tough adjustment going from a peashooter to a cannon.

Exactly no more lame duck wobbly weak passes I said this weeks ago, 

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Those are lasors. If Geno can at least make any kind of progression decision making wise.. his arm can take full advantage of this teams offensive weapons... Beyond Fitz's ability physically.

Yup, and the best way to find out about his possible progression Is to let the guy compete for the starting role. 

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-air-yards/2015/

QB air  yards tells the story Geno ranked 24th in the NFL in 2014 Fitz ranked 14th in 2015 and was right there with players ranked 14th to around 9th.

If Fitz arm is so terrible How did he beat out the QB's behind him and rank 14th in the NFL. THIS IS AIR YARDS It does not include YAC so no one here is going to tell me the receivers extended the yards for Fitz with YAC.

Besides that stat Fitz had 56 passes over 20 yards last year right up there with Tom Brady who had 59 though 22 of Brady's were to Gronk who caught shorter passes and extended them with YAC. For perspective I'll pull out the big guns Rodgers had 55 Carr had 53 Palmer had 66 Stafford 52 Rivers 52 Bortles 72 (wow) how could the weakest arm in the NFL (per @slats) pull this off ?

Deep passes are all about timing not about arm strength. Fitz can throw the ball 55 in the air with no problem so its when it released as to how it may be underthrown. The Devon Smith throws could have come down to QB and receiver just not being on the same page yet since Fitz probably did not have a ton of reps to the young receiver. If QB's have to throw the ball more than 50 + yards after a given amount of time has passed in the pocket  I will agree Fitz does not have that kind of arm but in that case we are talking about passes that complete at less than a 10 % clip. Its basically a worthless stat.,

Archived