Start Geno

drdetroit

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

The fact that he has only played two full seasons and showed improvement in the last 4 games of his second season gets no traction with you at all huh?   Do  you consider that him watching from the sidelines could have HELPED his decision making and overall development?  Oh no I forgot, "he has a .10 brain, he can't learn etc, etc."

Aren't you even a little bit curious of what he might be able to do with Marshall, Decker, Forte etc???  Nah, of course you aren't.

Smdh.     If you watched the games, really watched them and knew what to look for his play was more then bad, it's was terrible and hard to watch.   The all great Miami game he did not play well.  Watch the game again.  He was throwing to wide open wr and there was no pass rush. Miami had packed it in for the year 

even with that game he still had a QBR of 35.  35!!

Geno lovers have every excuse in the book.  Well keep trying because those of us that watch the games know how bad he is.  That's why anyone with a brain wants Fitz resigned.   Not because Fitz great, it gets rid of Geno. 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ylekram said:

like I said many times before. you are fine with gifting geno his 4th starting gig. I am not

next year you will be talking about gifting geno his 5th starting gig because the schedule was ,really hard and its not fair to judge geno on the hardest schedule in nfl history. and decker wasn't 100% healthy all season. and the snow storm game.gailey didn't call a game that's suits genos strong suites. he had a cold one game. his aunts boyfriends barber got into a car accident and could possibly have his mind in the game

On the bright side there's at max another 3 months of this.  Right?  I hope.

Hopefully it's over by mandatory practice in a couple weeks.  Could be imagining things, but it seems to me Macc is gonna withdraw the offer by then.

Look I'm rooting for Geno, too. But being great in OTAs when there is no pass rush or pressure of playing in a real game. It's better he looks good than bad. And if he is learning and finally understands the playbook. But you still have to know how to read defenses and make the decisions. And be a leader. And a lot of other things. So stop making out like it's a big deal. It's probably over 50% he's going to be the opening day starter. Everything points to no deal with Fitz. 

27 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look I'm rooting for Geno, too. But being great in OTAs when there is no pass rush or pressure of playing in a real game. It's better he looks good than bad. And if he is learning and finally understands the playbook. But you still have to know how to read defenses and make the decisions. And be a leader. And a lot of other things. So stop making out like it's a big deal. It's probably over 50% he's going to be the opening day starter. Everything points to no deal with Fitz. 

Its about time you came around :D

45 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

don't lose the faith. its inevitable Fitz signs.  While this should have been done awhile ago, its still only June 2.   

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Its about time you came around :D

I've never been against him. But there is no way he's our best available player at Qb in 2016. I want to make the playoffs this year and I'm excited about what our offense did last season. PS I will answer this because I know what you're going to say about Fitz: Well how come he's never been in the playoffs. I know I know I've heard it before. 

Fitzpatrick is very inaccurate with a weak arm his only positive is he doesn't make dumb decisions with the ball. 

Forcing the ball to a well covered receiver in the red zone, down by 2, in a win-and-in game, isn't a dumb decision?

29 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Forcing the ball to a well covered receiver in the red zone, down by 2, in a win-and-in game, isn't a dumb decision?

Nope.  It was a timing pattern.  Doesn't matter if the WR is triple-teamed, you throw it anyway.  Not Fitz's fault.

38 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

I'm pretty sure you realize that he didn't mean he never made a bad decision. Brady has made plenty. Making more good decisions than an average QB is what he meant. Geno can make more bad decisions in one play than Fitz does in a game. 

I'm pretty sure you realize that he didn't mean he never made a bad decision. Brady has made plenty. Making more good decisions than an average QB is what he meant. Geno can make more bad decisions in one play than Fitz does in a game. 

Fair enough.

The same idiots who say Geno sucks are the same dummies who laughed at the idea of Ryan Fitzpatrick being anything decent when we traded for him last year.. Fitz and geno are nearly the same.. One can actually improve.. One played with horrible recievers with bad Oline in his early yrs.. The other had solid Oline play from one of the top 1-2 receiving duo in nfl . With a actually smart OC for once.. Not to mention a much better D last yr.. That is a forgotten difference maker.. 

41 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Love this saying but doubt its impact on solving the world's problems.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:27 PM, faba said:

All I know a certain percentage of jet fans are going to be upset whomever the QB is this coming season-hah

I will be unhappy no matter who is the QB. I don't like losing seasons and this is sure to be a losing season. What REALLY makes me unhappy is when Jets fans pretend as though the front office is so wonderful when they ALLOW a losing season to occur.

11 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Nope.  It was a timing pattern.  Doesn't matter if the WR is triple-teamed, you throw it anyway.  Not Fitz's fault.

triple teamed? lmao. the exaggerations just keep growing and growing

17 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Smdh.     If you watched the games, really watched them and knew what to look for his play was more then bad, it's was terrible and hard to watch.   The all great Miami game he did not play well.  Watch the game again.  He was throwing to wide open wr and there was no pass rush. Miami had packed it in for the year 

even with that game he still had a QBR of 35.  35!!

Geno lovers have every excuse in the book.  Well keep trying because those of us that watch the games know how bad he is.  That's why anyone with a brain wants Fitz resigned.   Not because Fitz great, it gets rid of Geno. 

Geno is gone after this season.  Are you too dense to not understand this????    They are NOT cutting Geno even if Fitz signs; they are not going into the season with Hackenberg and Petty as back up unless they see DRAMATIC improvement from Petty or Hack.  If Fitz is signed fine; if he isn't I hope you fill up on your MEDS because most likely Geno WILL be the quarterback.   Grow the **** up already and stop childish Geno lover crap.    

42 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Geno is gone after this season.  Are you too dense to not understand this????    They are NOT cutting Geno even if Fitz signs; they are not going into the season with Hackenberg and Petty as back up unless they see DRAMATIC improvement from Petty or Hack.  If Fitz is signed fine; if he isn't I hope you fill up on your MEDS because most likely Geno WILL be the quarterback.   Grow the **** up already and stop childish Geno lover crap.    

Who is the child?   Learn how to watch football and you would never want Geno near a football field again.  But alas no, you want the player that made football unwatchable.   

You are wrong and I will point it out when it happens. Geno getting cut before the season starts.   Then you can go be a fan of the Canadian team that signs him, because you are not a jet fan if you want this turd to be your QB.  

3 hours ago, ylekram said:

triple teamed? lmao. the exaggerations just keep growing and growing

You misunderstand.  I mean even if a WR is double or triple or quadruple teamed...  a timing pattern is a timing pattern.

Once the play is called, the ball is getting thrown no matter what.  WR could be covered, fall down, pull an OBJ and get caught up grabbing the CBs @ss, or even be on the field when a super criminal blows up the field before Batman can save the day...  it doesn't matter.  The QB has to throw the ball.

Fitz deserves no blame whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Who is the child?   Learn how to watch football and you would never want Geno near a football field again.  But alas no, you want the player that made football unwatchable.   

You are wrong and I will point it out when it happens. Geno getting cut before the season starts.   Then you can go be a fan of the Canadian team that signs him, because you are not a jet fan if you want this turd to be your QB.  

You are the WORST type of fan.   The know it all, who really doesn't know sh*t.    I have been rooting for this team since 69 - 70 and don't need some idiot on a message board to tell me who to root for. 

You know you would have run out of town? 

Vinny Testaverde, Doug Williams, Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw just to name a few.  You know what they all had in common?  THEY ALL SUCKED THEIR FIRST FEW YEARS IN THE NFL.  

In fact if t was up to you, I bet you would have Cut Bradshaw and went with Terry Hanretty, (the Fitzpatrick of his day) or whatever his last name was.

Now before your small brain explodes NO ONE IS COMPARING GENO THE PLAYER TO ANY OF THE ABOVE.  I am just comparing the situations; the guy has only played 2 FULL SEASONS, NOT 4 OR 5 OR 10.  HE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONTRACT WITH A FULL YEAR IN THE SYSTEM AND IS CHEAPER THAN JUST ABOUT ANY BACK UP WE COULD SIGN.   What is the rush to get rid of him? Because you HATE the guy?   Has to be the reason. 

Because if it is strictly about football, there is no need to cut him because his contract is up after this year anyway.   He should never have started his first season, team wins 8 games.  He gets benched in his second year, comes back and plays better. He has shown flashes over his career. He was starter going into training camp and lost his job to INJURY, not for being outplayed.   He had the opportunity to sit on the sidelines and watch Fitz and learn from him.   Bowles has said he is impressed with how Geno handled the situation last year and he appears to have matured.  He now has a OC that has a history of helping QB achieve and even overachieve but in your world that is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE.  

I am OPEN MINDED ENOUGH to SEE FOR MYSELF NOW, NOT DWELL ON LAST YEAR, NOT THE YEAR BEFORE BUT RIGHT NOW, TO SEE IF THE GUY HAS IMPROVED OR NOT.  I rooted for Fitz last year and will root again if he is resigned, if not it will be next man up and it this case it will be Geno. GET THE **** OVER IT ALREADY. 

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

You misunderstand.  I mean even if a WR is double or triple or quadruple teamed...  a timing pattern is a timing pattern.

Once the play is called, the ball is getting thrown no matter what.  WR could be covered, fall down, pull an OBJ and get caught up grabbing the CBs @ss, or even be on the field when a super criminal blows up the field before Batman can save the day...  it doesn't matter.  The QB has to throw the ball.

Fitz deserves no blame whatsoever.

with every day that passes, with every quote you make, it becomes harder for me to believe that you even watch football

4 minutes ago, ylekram said:

with every day that passes, with every quote you make, it becomes harder for me to believe that you even watch football

You believe Fitz is a good QB worth 8 figures.   Not much else needs to be said.

46 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You are the WORST type of fan.   The know it all, who really doesn't know sh*t.    I have been rooting for this team since 69 - 70 and don't need some idiot on a message board to tell me who to root for. 

You know you would have run out of town? 

Vinny Testaverde, Doug Williams, Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw just to name a few.  You know what they all had in common?  THEY ALL SUCKED THEIR FIRST FEW YEARS IN THE NFL.  

In fact if t was up to you, I bet you would have Cut Bradshaw and went with Terry Hanretty, (the Fitzpatrick of his day) or whatever his last name was.

Now before your small brain explodes NO ONE IS COMPARING GENO THE PLAYER TO ANY OF THE ABOVE.  I am just comparing the situations; the guy has only played 2 FULL SEASONS, NOT 4 OR 5 OR 10.  HE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONTRACT WITH A FULL YEAR IN THE SYSTEM AND IS CHEAPER THAN JUST ABOUT ANY BACK UP WE COULD SIGN.   What is the rush to get rid of him? Because you HATE the guy?   Has to be the reason. 

Because if it is strictly about football, there is no need to cut him because his contract is up after this year anyway.   He should never have started his first season, team wins 8 games.  He gets benched in his second year, comes back and plays better. He has shown flashes over his career. He was starter going into training camp and lost his job to INJURY, not for being outplayed.   He had the opportunity to sit on the sidelines and watch Fitz and learn from him.   Bowles has said he is impressed with how Geno handled the situation last year and he appears to have matured.  He now has a OC that has a history of helping QB achieve and even overachieve but in your world that is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE.  

I am OPEN MINDED ENOUGH to SEE FOR MYSELF NOW, NOT DWELL ON LAST YEAR, NOT THE YEAR BEFORE BUT RIGHT NOW, TO SEE IF THE GUY HAS IMPROVED OR NOT.  I rooted for Fitz last year and will root again if he is resigned, if not it will be next man up and it this case it will be Geno. GET THE **** OVER IT ALREADY. 

listen simple minded, you cut him because he is worse to keep as a back up then Petty.  Petty was picked by this admin. and won't make it to the practice squad. 

To answer your point, none of the QB's you named sucked as bad as Geno did there first two years.  No QB ever started a third year that sucked as bad as Geno his first two.  Do you know why, because NFL coaches know a heck of a lot more then you do about QB play.  You can make up all the excuses in the world for why he sucked, he still SUCKED as bad as any QB in history that got to start two years. 

"he did not get a fair chance, everything was against him,  they did not give him enough help"  what ever, bunch of cry baby crap.  

The NY Jets will be a better team when Geno Smith is cut.  Sooner better then later.

now, come back at me with more excuses 

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

listen simple minded, you cut him because he is worse to keep as a back up then Petty.  Petty was picked by this admin. and won't make it to the practice squad. 

To answer your point, none of the QB's you named sucked as bad as Geno did there first two years.  No QB ever started a third year that sucked as bad as Geno his first two.  Do you know why, because NFL coaches know a heck of a lot more then you do about QB play.  You can make up all the excuses in the world for why he sucked, he still SUCKED as bad as any QB in history that got to start two years. 

"he did not get a fair chance, everything was against him,  they did not give him enough help"  what ever, bunch of cry baby crap.  

The NY Jets will be a better team when Geno Smith is cut.  Sooner better then later.

now, come back at me with more excuses 

No Karnak the bottom line Geno is not getting cut. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

49 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

No Karnak the bottom line Geno is not getting cut. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

So genius, who is getting cut then?

Petty will get claimed so no practice squad.
    Hack going no where.
    No taking 4 QBs to game day roster.

So tell us oh wise one, who?

4 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

So genius, who is getting cut then?

Petty will get claimed so no practice squad.
    Hack going no where.
    No taking 4 QBs to game day roster.

So tell us oh wise one, who?

No one.  We're keeping Geno, Petty and Hack.

resized_sonny-meme-generator-sonny-the-o

4 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Its time to start Geno, we need to figure out what he is before we let him walk after this year. If he has a good season, we franchise him and make him do it again before locking him up to a very long, very lucrative deal

I'm confused.  New meds?

Archived