NFL: Al-Jazeera-implicated players must speak or face suspension

Gas2No99

2 hours ago, jgb said:

If I remember correct NFL even went to far as to exonerate him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you are correct and manning cooperated, and I think the NFL really just wants to interview these guys and close the case. 

The NFL has cleared Peyton Manning after a seven-month investigation found no credible evidence he used human growth hormone or violated the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy, the league said Monday.

Manning and his wife, Ashley, “were fully cooperative with the investigation and provided both interviews and access to all records sought by the investigators,” the league said in a statement.

“Initiated in January, the investigation was led by the NFL's security and legal teams with support from expert consultants and other professionals. The investigation involved witness interviews, a review of relevant records and other materials, online research, and laboratory analysis and review.”

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Only if you're an idiot.  Make a few mil and can't survive?  Then you're a moron with too many cars, rims, jewelry and too few brain cells.  I'm never going to feel bad for people who can't manage to survive, check that, live well on 3 mil.  Come on, think about what you'll make in your lifetime and it comes short.  Plus they have the ability to invest today and live off the interest for years

Fair point. But what else happens is these guys are all super competitive about everything or they never get to be pro athletes. Have a retired cop friend who worked for one of the local NHL  franchises. And once these guys get to the pros they all try to out impress each other-cars, clothes, houses, travel, dumb jewelry. So when the gravy train stops, it's a sudden jolt in lifestyle. Let;s put it this way; Henrik Lunqvist's backup tries to live like he has Lundqvist's money because I'M A PRO TOO.Not defending the stupidity of that as much as explaining it.   

There are also some exceptions. Bart Scott is a damn sharp guy. But check this out-

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/adrian-dantley-working-as-crossing-guard-031713

24 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Fair point. But what else happens is these guys are all super competitive about everything or they never get to be pro athletes. Have a retired cop friend who worked for one of the local NHL  franchises. And once these guys get to the pros they all try to out impress each other-cars, clothes, houses, travel, dumb jewelry. So when the gravy train stops, it's a sudden jolt in lifestyle. Let;s put it this way; Henrik Lunqvist's backup tries to live like he has Lundqvist's money because I'M A PRO TOO.Not defending the stupidity of that as much as explaining it.   

There are also some exceptions. Bart Scott is a damn sharp guy. But check this out-

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/adrian-dantley-working-as-crossing-guard-031713

I get that but no one cares enough to write stories about regular Joes who piss away their 401k.  I know someone who did just that, a regular guy with a fat 401K, gone like that.  Actually I know more than one like that.  Happens all the time.  Have a friend who's a CPA on Wall Street, has clients that have to be put on allowances because they've gone through end of year 7 figure bonuses in the first Q of the following year.

BTW, Annti Raanta of the Rangers makes a mil per year, has two left on his Ranger deal.  3 mil for a backup goalie, more than enough to do some serious living.  ?

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I get that but no one cares enough to write stories about regular Joes who piss away their 401k.  I know someone who did just that, a regular guy with a fat 401K, gone like that.  Actually I know more than one like that.  Happens all the time.  Have a friend who's a CPA on Wall Street, has clients that have to be put on allowances because they've gone through end of year 7 figure bonuses in the first Q of the following year.

BTW, Annti Raanta of the Rangers makes a mil per year, has two left on his Ranger deal.  3 mil for a backup goalie, more than enough to do some serious living.  ?

Not naming names, it was a few years back. 

Seen a lot of people in all walks of life lose their s___t and think, suddenly, why not empty my IRA or 401K even if I'm not 59.5 years old because I'm a good guy and it's my money. UHHHHH...

4 hours ago, Larz said:

you are correct and manning cooperated, and I think the NFL really just wants to interview these guys and close the case. 

The NFL has cleared Peyton Manning after a seven-month investigation found no credible evidence he used human growth hormone or violated the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy, the league said Monday.

Manning and his wife, Ashley, “were fully cooperative with the investigation and provided both interviews and access to all records sought by the investigators,” the league said in a statement.

“Initiated in January, the investigation was led by the NFL's security and legal teams with support from expert consultants and other professionals. The investigation involved witness interviews, a review of relevant records and other materials, online research, and laboratory analysis and review.”

Thanks for the info :cheers:

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 0:37 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

jimmy garapaololololololololololololololol

He is a beast.  Starting QB of the NYJ next year.  ;)

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 0:40 PM, flgreen said:

The league, courts, and most of the non-pats fans disagree.

Not so sure Who is the one that sounds stupid

I would remove fans from both sides of the matter from this equation, but I digress.

You can you honestly say with a straight face that the league acted in a fair and impartial manner>

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 1:48 PM, whodeawhodat said:

umadbro, not going to ask the rhetorical question of how stupid you sound.  If this "gas law" was true, why wasnt the opponents footballs equally deflated. maybe the pats filled their balls with a bunch of hot air? fraud and collusion is how your org operates. it is a fact

You do comprehend the Ideal Gas Law right?  The Patriots balls were measured first by the refs.  So 22 ball measurements were made before the Colts balls.  Then the refs measured the Colts balls and only managed to do four before running out of time.  The Colts balls were able to warm for what..about 8-10 minutes before being measured.  So due to the Ideal Gas Law....the Colts balls should not have been in the same range.

Again, I am not saying the Patriots are innocent, but I am saying the NFL did not have any concrete evidence.

25 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

He is a beast.  Starting QB of the NYJ next year.  ;)

I would remove fans from both sides of the matter from this equation, but I digress.

You can you honestly say with a straight face that the league acted in a fair and impartial manner>

You do comprehend the Ideal Gas Law right?  The Patriots balls were measured first by the refs.  So 22 ball measurements were made before the Colts balls.  Then the refs measured the Colts balls and only managed to do four before running out of time.  The Colts balls were able to warm for what..about 8-10 minutes before being measured.  So due to the Ideal Gas Law....the Colts balls should not have been in the same range.

Again, I am not saying the Patriots are innocent, but I am saying the NFL did not have any concrete evidence.

Yes, I think the league has more then fairly  dealt with the Pats in several cases.  I mean c'mon, destroying the evidence in spygate.

I think the main application of the gas law is, the hot air coming out of Pats fans mouths trying to spin this.  

Warfish youre clearly lumping all NYers into one group and bad mouthing them.  Plenty of NYers support a cap and are not yankee fans.  If you wanna bash yankee fans then do so but dont insult members of the greatest city on earth.. 

Weird that you are a jet fan really

Just now, HighPitch said:

Warfish youre clearly lumping all NYers into one group and bad mouthing them.

Lumping almost all Yankees fans, certainly. Although many a Mets Fan feels the same way.

And yes, I'm bad mouthing anyone who thinks Revenue Sharing and Salary Caps are a bad idea in Pro Sports, because those people are drooling idiots.

New York just happens to have ALOT of drooling idiots who think it's their inborn right to win by spending more than five other teams combined.

If you wanna bash yankee fans then do so but dont insult members of the greatest city on earth.

"Greatest City of Earth"?  Lol, not even in my Top 10.   

The City has a few redeeming qualities, but only a few.  And the average NY sports fan there, and the sports media there, are not amongst them.

Good example though, of the ego of the average New Yorker.  Greatest, lol.  smh

Weird that you are a jet fan really

Why?  I grew up on Long Island, and was a New Yorker myself as a yute'.  I'm not a Jets Fan by conscious adult logic and choice, mate.  I'm a Jets Fan the same way I'm a Catholic, because it just happened to indoctrinated in me as an impressionable youth.  No sane man becomes a Jets Fan by choice, lol.

To this day I lament that my favorite color as a wee child was Green......

On 8/19/2016 at 5:12 PM, Warfish said:

Lumping almost all Yankees fans, certainly. Although many a Mets Fan feels the same way.

And yes, I'm bad mouthing anyone who thinks Revenue Sharing and Salary Caps are a bad idea in Pro Sports, because those people are drooling idiots.

New York just happens to have ALOT of drooling idiots who think it's their inborn right to win by spending more than five other teams combined.

"Greatest City of Earth"?  Lol, not even in my Top 10.   

The City has a few redeeming qualities, but only a few.  And the average NY sports fan there, and the sports media there, are not amongst them.

Good example though, of the ego of the average New Yorker.  Greatest, lol.  smh

Why?  I grew up on Long Island, and was a New Yorker myself as a yute'.  I'm not a Jets Fan by conscious adult logic and choice, mate.  I'm a Jets Fan the same way I'm a Catholic, because it just happened to indoctrinated in me as an impressionable youth.  No sane man becomes a Jets Fan by choice, lol.

To this day I lament that my favorite color as a wee child was Green......

Youre very skilled in the art of psychobabbelry....

Clearly,  you generalized and bad mouthed NY and NYers. Your defense is weak at best. Actually you didnt even defend yourself... You just maintained your hateful position 

Just class up up and admit it and offer some apology.  

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Youre very skilled in the art of psychobabbelry....

If you say so.

Clearly,  you generalized and bad mouthed NY and NYers.

And? 

Your defense is weak at best.

There is no better defense than the truth.

Just class up up and admit it and offer some apology.  

When one is right, one does not need to apologize for it.  There is no class in pandering to fools.

People who argue against salary caps in professional sports leagues are idiots, simple as that.  And New York has an undue share of the loudest, most entitled and most ignorant idiots on this topic.

Clear enough for you, or do I need to spell it out for you in pictograms?

Archived