Geno Smith Trade Speculation Rumors: MERGED

AFJF

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Geno had a game two years ago where his QBR was exactly 0.0 .... /thread /period /overthen there is this for further affirmation ...

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/geno-smith-voted-worst-qb-in-nfl-for-second-straight-year-072115

voted worst QB .. not once ... but two years in a row. and you still want him ... beahahaha

+1

And, apparently, choking away the season in Oakland didn't happen, oh that doesn't count, let's blame Ryan Fitzpatrick because (get this) it was realistic to expect him to win 11 of 15 games last year with John Idzik's 4-12 aftermath.  Yeah, we all saw that coming, yeah, what a disappointment Ryan Fitzpatrick was.

Bottom Line:  Geno Smith got paid a fortune for one measly day of work last year and he didn't show up.  He has done nothing as a starter or a backup to deserve a place on this roster right now, he should be sent packing today, let the fans have a joyous and relaxing Labor Day weekend without the stress of watching a hated backup who can never lead us to victory.

SAR I

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So let me understand this:

Ryan Fitzpatrick takes a 4-12 Idzik rebuild project, sets Jets offensive records, and wins 10 of 15 games and that's bad because he should have won 11 of 15 games with a team held together with glue and duct tape.

Geno Smith takes his 29 games of starting NFL experience, plays a team in the midst of a 1-5 collapse, and is the worst Jet on the field but that's okay because it was an "emergency appearance".

And who has questionable logic?

If Geno Smith does his job in Oakland, the Jets have 11 wins and make the playoffs.  But he does not meet expectations, loses the very game we need to make the playoffs, kills our season.  Ryan Fitzpatrick knocked the cover off the ball, exceeded every expectation by winning 10 of 15 contests, the lack of a playoff berth is not on him.

SAR I

Only a fool will argue that the season was lost in Oakland. 

No matter how you spin it

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick was the only reason we were in a position to get our 11th win, it was Geno Smith who cost us it.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was asked to win 10 of 15 games against a daunting schedule and he did.  Geno Smith was asked to win 1 game against a terrible Oakland team and not only didn't he win it, he was the worst Jet on the field that day.

SAR I

Fitzpatrick had the easiest schedule in the league in 2015 Geno Smith did not lose the game to Oakland you are delusional. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick had the easiest schedule in the league in 2015 Geno Smith did not lose the game to Oakland you are delusional. 

Don't talk to me or anyone else for that matter until you answer this question:

Ryan Fitzpatrick has nothing to do with the backup quarterback role.  Stay on topic.

Explain how Geno Smith is a qualified, top backup quarterback considering that:

1. He went 12-17 as an NFL starter in 29 NFL games

2. He has thrown 27 TD's and 35 INT's.

3. His career record as a backup is 0-1 and occurred while running a record-setting offense against a lousy Oakland team.

4. His 2016 preseason clearly showed that he has stepped back and is performing worse than any year prior.

Forget Petty, forget Fitzpatrick, forget the Easter Bunny, forget Santa Claus.  Explain how Geno Smith is a top backup quarterback and is good for this win-now New York Jets team.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Geno had a game two years ago where his QBR was exactly 0.0 .... /thread /period /over

then there is this for further affirmation ...

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/geno-smith-voted-worst-qb-in-nfl-for-second-straight-year-072115

voted worst QB .. not once ... but two years in a row. and you still want him ... beahahaha

Geno had a bad game? Really, thats your insight, one game means done and over?  Lol, you'd lose a lot of HOF QBs using that logic.  Just as when he finished a season with 4 good games and a great QBR it's meaningless today.

And of course all of this doesn't change the ridiculous idea that you blame the entire season on one game.  That's wrong.  Completely wrong.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

all I know is I would rather start the season with Fitz, a broken Petty, and Hackenslash than to see Geno the Mope trolling the sidelines.

So would I. 

Still doesnt mean the season was lost in Oakland.  

That one loss is worth more than the other 5.

Just now, SAR I said:

Don't talk to me or anyone else for that matter until you answer this question:

Ryan Fitzpatrick has nothing to do with the backup quarterback role.  Stay on topic.

Explain how Geno Smith is a qualified, top backup quarterback considering that:

1. He went 12-17 as an NFL starter in 29 NFL games

2. He has thrown 27 TD's and 35 INT's.

3. His career record as a backup is 0-1 and occurred while running a record-setting offense against a lousy Oakland team.

4. His 2016 preseason clearly showed that he has stepped back and is performing worse than any year prior.

Forget Petty, forget Fitzpatrick, forget the Easter Bunny, forget Santa Claus.  Explain how Geno Smith is a top backup quarterback and is good for this win-now New York Jets team.

SAR I

Why don't we review Ryan Fitzpatrick's Hall of Fame career prior to the 2015 NFL season where he broke NY Jets QB records how monumental. 

Geno had a bad game? Really, thats your insight, one game means done and over?  Lol, you'd lose a lot of HOF QBs using that logic.  Just as when he finished a season with 4 good games and a great QBR it's meaningless today.

And of course all of this doesn't change the ridiculous idea that you blame the entire season on one game.  That's wrong.  Completely wrong.

.... the hydrogen bomb must be a firecracker in your eyes. way to ignore the rest of my post

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Can we blame Ryan Fitzpatrick for the 1 game against Buffalo where he threw 3 INT's in a row costing us the playoffs turnaround is fair play. 

Can we blame Ryan Fitzpatrick for the 1 game against Buffalo where he threw 3 INT's in a row costing us the playoffs turnaround is fair play. 

yes ...

Fitz had one bad game and 10 good ones

Geno had a horrible game and zero good ones

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

yes ...

Fitz had one bad game and 10 good ones

Geno had a horrible game and zero good ones

Don't know which games you watched.  NE, Bufallo 2xs, Wash., Houston, philly., games where he didn't play well. 

im sorry ... I did not realize I had to explain to you what an analogy is.

oh and here is a refresher from the rest of the post I referenced ...

Why don't you review Ryan Fitzpatricks NFL career prior to the 2015 season where he broke NY Jets QB records a monumental feat let me remind you 6 teams in 11 years 

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

im sorry ... I did not realize I had to explain to you what an analogy is.

oh and here is a refresher from the rest of the post I referenced ...

I know what an analogy is. 

Now what does this article have to do with Smiths one game costing the Jets the playoffs?  That you think it's relevant, twice.  

Try sticking to one subject at a time, you're struggling here. 

... and Geno failed to beat any teams

And what does Geno have to do with how Fitz played?  Or your post claiming he only played one bad game? 

Can you answer any football question with more than Geno sucks?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

And what does Geno have to do with how Fitz played?  Or your post claiming he only played one bad game? 

Can you answer any football question with more than Geno sucks?

No he cannot its same old sh*t over and over with these guys they make excuses its all they do here. 

Review Fitzpatricks stellar career 6 teams in 11 years never making the playoffs only with the Jets in 2015 does he have a decent season all solely because we were stacked with talent and we had the easiest schedule in the NFL 

Review Fitzpatricks stellar career 6 teams in 11 years never making the playoffs only with the Jets in 2015 does he have a decent season all solely because we were stacked with talent and we had the easiest schedule in the NFL 

What on earth does Ryan Fitzpatrick not being a good QB have to do with Geno Smith quite possibly being the WORST QB ?... this thread is about trading Geno because he is not good .. at all. Far worse than Fitz.

What on earth does Ryan Fitzpatrick not being a good QB have to do with Geno Smith quite possibly being the WORST QB ... this thread is about trading Geno because he is not good .. at all. Far worse than Fitz.

Fitzpatrick took 12 years to finally have a decent season is my point and many including you are anointing him into Canton Ohio

Fitzpatrick took 12 years to finally have a decent season is my point and many including you are anointing him into Canton Ohio

Me ??? not at all ... he is a solid journeyman that will hold the fort while we develop raw talent like Petty and Hackenberg.

My point is that Geno Smith is the worst QB I have ever seen play the position ... and he should not take up a valuable roster spot ... he has not earned it ... at all.

Just now, Dunnie said:

Me ??? not at all ... he is a solid journeyman that will hold the fort while we develop raw talent like Petty and Hackenberg.

My point is that Geno Smith is the worst QB I have ever seen play the position ... and he should not take up a valuable roster spot ... he has not earned it ... at all.

How the hell can a journeyman gypsy who has never won a damn thing in his entire career develop anyone?????  

We certainly dont hope for another Ryan Fitzpatrick out of Petty or Hack MY GOD!!!!!!!!

How the hell can a journeyman gypsy who has never won a damn thing in his entire career develop anyone?????  

We certainly dont hope for another Ryan Fitzpatrick out of Petty or Hack MY GOD!!!!!!!!

Last I checked Chan Gailey was the OC and Kevin Patullo was the QB coach .. I assumed THEY would be developing the youngsters.

But I guess your telling me that Fitz is the QB coach too ???? and if not him .. Geno .... what planet do you live on ?

Archived