Geno Smith Trade Speculation Rumors: MERGED

AFJF

5 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

No because he's like Dorian Grey he sucks the health out of his draft picks so he never get hurt or sick they do.. Or in Sheldon's case smoke lots of weed which works on Idzik like garlic does for vampires..

By the way.  If you havent seen Penny Dreadful. Great TV show.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The only element of this ridiculous diatribe that you even came remotely close to being correct in was the first two words. That sentiment is very true. The rest is window dressing to an obviously tortured internet soul. I hope it gets better for you. 

What's it like to have never been wrong in your life? 

I'm not understanding your stance here. On one side, you seem to want to argue that Fitzpatrick has better than average durability, but on the other you've advocated keeping Geno as an insurance policy. I would think trusting Fitz to stay relatively healthy would be a reason to unload Geno. 

I think he has a pretty reckless running style that could lead to him getting hurt on any given play, but that the addition of Forte should provide him with a dump off so he doesn't have to run as much this year. I also don't think this is a playoff team, and don't think there's a ton of difference from the top to the bottom of the QB depth chart here. 

The you don't understand insurance. I have flood insurance on my home. Hasn't been a flood in Philadelphia for 100 years. It costs me 75 dollars a year. But should a flood come I lose everything. Where risk of loss is catastrophic, you are willing to pay above the risk-adjusted value of the loss where such payment is negligible. It's the reverse lottery. The insurance company is selling you a thing for a price above what it's worth (risk of occurrence multiplied by quantum of loss) but the amount that could be lost is so astounding you don't care that you're technically getting ripped off. This is how insurance companies make money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What's it like to have never been wrong in your life? 

Opinions can't be wrong. Predictions can. I never predicted anything. I gave my opinion. You have a different one. Neither of them ultimately matter, but it's fun to have some discourse before the real action starts.

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Double D has outplayed Millner IMO. If he wasn't made out of vagina, he'd be a solid starting Corner for us. 

If McDougle was any good and could stay healthy, there would have been no need for Skrine. They both are slot corners (according to Bowles), but neither are very good.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

The you don't understand insurance. I have flood insurance on my home. Hasn't been a flood in Philadelphia for 100 years. It costs me 75 dollars a year. But should a flood come I lose everything. Where risk of loss is catastrophic, you are willing to pay above the risk-adjusted value of the loss where such payment is negligible. It's the reverse lottery. The insurance company is selling you a thing for a price above what it's worth (risk of occurrence multiplied by quantum of loss) but the amount that could be lost is so astounding you don't care that you're technically getting ripped off. This is how insurance companies make money.

Yeah, this analogy doesn't really fit the Jets QB situation. 

Geno himself is cheap, but if keeping him results in losing a player who's potentially valuable, and also costs Petty and Hack valuable reps, it becomes pretty expensive. Especially if there's not a lot of drop off from Geno to Petty. Besides, catastrophic would be losing Fitz and missing the Super Bowl as a result, I don't think the Jets are quite there. yet. Another couple losses in an otherwise nondescript season isn't a huge deal. The future is more important than the present for this team, IMO. As in, would you be buying that flood insurance if it significantly adversely affected your retirement? 

40 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Geno's tweets are increasingly childish/ cryptic/ whiney. It's interesting.

it's weird right? 

he made a classy tweet to Bridgewater, but since then is doing more of that "everyone is out to get me" nonsense. He's easily trolled.

52 minutes ago, jgb said:

are you an actuary?

39 minutes ago, Pac said:

hahaha..  why did I know the supposed meltdown would be nothing.

he politely implied someone should shut up...

LYNCH HIM!!

you guys need to get laid.

It isn't unreasonable to look at this potential leader of men and hope that he isn't being a baby on the Internet. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

it's weird right? 

he made a classy tweet to Bridgewater, but since then is doing more of that "everyone is out to get me" nonsense. He's easily trolled.

The guy obviously has issues I could've told you that before we drafted him. When he was tweeting out selfie's at 3 o'clock in the morning of how he was in the gym.

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He has issues because you hate him 

Stop it Joe. It's not that, you can see certain personality traits that he possesses that can cause certain behaviors. I don't hate any of our players I don't boo any of our players so don't judge me and tell me I hate Geno because I don't. 

I just don't think he is a viable starter for our team. 

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Stop it Joe. It's not that, you can see certain personality traits that he possesses that can cause certain behaviors. I don't hate any of our players I don't boo any of our players so don't judge me and tell me I hate Geno because I don't. 

Bottom line If he owed you 600 and didn't pay you and said what are you going to do about it would you hate him then??:)

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Both McDougall and Milliner are big under receivers, why oh why did we ever get rid of walls!!!!!!!!!

+1  I always liked Darrin Walls as a #4 CB.  He held his own when called upon.  I was really hoping that Marcus Williams would be an upgrade to Walls as a backup CB on the depth chart but that's even a question in my mind.  But he's absolutely better than both Dee and Dexter (Does that sound like a weird title for a sitcom?).

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

+1  I always liked Darrin Walls as a #4 CB.  He held his own when called upon.  I was really hoping that Marcus Williams would be an upgrade to Walls as a backup CB on the depth chart but that's even a question in my mind.  But he's absolutely better than both Dee and Dexter (Does that sound like a weird title for a sitcom?).

He would have been cheaper too. He's getting rave reviews in Detroit as well:

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/Walls-bringing-a-veteran-presence-to-Lions-CB-group/8448ba0a-4234-4fff-a13f-e9749076d989?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/08/darius_slay_calls_veteran_darr.html#incart_river_index

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Ugh.  He should still be in green.  He'd be one of the top 4 CBs on this team without a doubt.

19 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Do you blame him?  The treatment he's getting from fans and teammates all for what. 

16 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Bottom line If he owed you 600 and didn't pay you and said what are you going to do about it would you hate him then??:)

Do you know the factual story and the reasons this happened,interesting Bowles cut IK and not Geno. 

Archived