Geno Smith Trade Speculation Rumors: MERGED

AFJF

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Me ??? not at all ... he is a solid journeyman that will hold the fort while we develop raw talent like Petty and Hackenberg.

My point is that Geno Smith is the worst QB I have ever seen play the position ... and he should not take up a valuable roster spot ... he has not earned it ... at all.

Hackenburg , wait I thought 90% of the fanbase gave up on him Thu night. 

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Last I checked Chan Gailey was the OC and Kevin Patullo was the QB coach .. I assumed THEY would be developing the youngsters.

But I guess your telling me that Fitz is the QB coach too ???? and if not him .. Geno .... what planet do you live on ?

Yes Dunnie you know it all you have all the answers you are the man!!!!

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Why don't we review Ryan Fitzpatrick's Hall of Fame career prior to the 2015 NFL season where he broke NY Jets QB records how monumental. 

DON'T TALK TO ME OR ANYONE ELSE UNTIL YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION:

Explain how Geno Smith is a qualified, top backup quarterback considering that:

1. He went 12-17 as an NFL starter in 29 NFL games

2. He has thrown 27 TD's and 35 INT's.

3. His career record as a backup is 0-1 and occurred while running a record-setting offense against a lousy Oakland team.

4. His 2016 preseason clearly showed that he has stepped back and is performing worse than any year prior.

Forget Petty, forget Fitzpatrick, forget the Easter Bunny, forget Santa Claus.  Explain how Geno Smith is a top backup quarterback and is good for this win-now New York Jets team.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

DON'T TALK TO ME OR ANYONE ELSE UNTIL YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION:

3. His career record as a backup is 0-1 and occurred while running a record-setting offense against a lousy Oakland team.

4. His 2016 preseason clearly showed that he has stepped back and is performing worse than any year prior.

Forget Petty, forget Fitzpatrick, forget the Easter Bunny, forget Santa Claus.  Explain how Geno Smith is a top backup quarterback and is good for this win-now New York Jets team.

SAR I

Explain to me how Ryan Fitzpatrick is good for this win now NY Jets team.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Explain to me how Ryan Fitzpatrick is good for this win now NY Jets team.

I am not a Ryan Fitzpatrick fan so your usual and customary deflection tactics don't work on me.

Make the argument for Geno Smith as a top backup quarterback and why we should be happy he is on our team.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

I am not a Ryan Fitzpatrick fan so your usual and customary deflection tactics don't work on me.

Make the argument for Geno Smith as a top backup quarterback and why we should be happy he is on our team.

SAR I

Experienced NFL QB with NFL snaps under his belt the fact that he finished 8-8 with a terrible team and coaches hoping Gailey can turn it around for him hoping Decker and Marshall help him like they did Fitz. 

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

yes ...Fitz had one bad game and 10 good ones...

Geno had a horrible game and zero good ones

The logic of why Geno Smith is a great backup for the New York Jets seems to be because Ryan Fitzpatrick sucked too and look what happened to him.

LOL

SAR I

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Experienced NFL QB with NFL snaps under his belt the fact that he finished 8-8 with a terrible team and coaches hoping Gailey can turn it around for him hoping Decker and Marshall help him like they did Fitz. 

He was 0-1 against a lousy Oakland team with a record-setting offense around him.  Why did he suck?

He was awful in every preseason game with better players on the field than Petty and Hackenberg.  Why did he suck?

What evidence is there since a 2013 season where Geno Smith went a mediocre 8-8 that he has any potential when since then all he does is suck?

Convince me.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

He was 0-1 against a lousy Oakland team with a record-setting offense around him.  Why did he suck?

He was awful in every preseason game with better players on the field than Petty and Hackenberg.  Why did he suck?

What evidence is there since a 2013 season where Geno Smith went a mediocre 8-8 that he has any potential when all he does is suck?

SAR I

Fitzpatrick started the Oakland game. 

He wasn't as good as Petty but better than Fitzpatrick and Hack 

Who would be the starting QB if Fitz goes down in week 2?

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

... and Geno failed to beat any teams

....and the Geno game at Oakland is ultimately what cost us our 11th win and the playoffs.

There is no point of having a backup quarterback that can't win one of the easiest games on the schedule, in perfect weather, with a record-setting offense he is very familiar with.

SAR I

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick started the Oakland game. 

He wasn't as good as Petty but better than Fitzpatrick and Hack 

Who would be the starting QB if Fitz goes down in week 2?

Fitzpatrick got hurt before you finished your first beer.

Geno Smith had the chance to show he was a qualified NFL backup and failed.

Bryce Petty would be the better choice to be our starting quarterback if Ryan Fitzpatrick does down.  If Ryan Fitzpatrick goes down, the season is immediately over and it serves our future better to validate Bryce Petty than watch Geno Smith continue to suck like he has always sucked.

ANSWER THE QUESTION:  WHY IS GENO SMITH QUALIFIED TO BE AN NFL BACKUP QUARTERBACK AFTER 3 YEARS IN THE LEAGUE AND NOTHING BUT A PILE OF SUCK TO SHOW FOR IT?

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Fitzpatrick got hurt before you finished your first beer.

Geno Smith had the chance to show he was a qualified NFL backup and failed.

Bryce Petty would be the better choice to be our starting quarterback if Ryan Fitzpatrick does down.  If Ryan Fitzpatrick goes down, the season is immediately over and it serves our future better to validate Bryce Petty than watch Geno Smith continue to suck like he has always sucked.

ANSWER THE QUESTION:  WHY IS GENO SMITH QUALIFIED TO BE AN NFL BACKUP QUARTERBACK AFTER 3 YEARS IN THE LEAGUE AND NOTHING BUT A PILE OF SUCK TO SHOW FOR IT?

SAR I

Ryan Fitzpatrick 43-61-1 career that sucks 12 years in the league with nothing to show for it but a BIGGER PILE OF SUCK

Just now, mkajet01 said:

It's amazing geno showed nothing this training camp, petty looked good! & geno is still here? Mind-boggling!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Petty is still here too!!!!!  It looks like we are carrying 4 QB's 

Give me the choice today based on preseason and Petty is the starter 

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Creative?

The Jets were 4-1 and came within a hair of beating the Patriots in New England, the Raiders were in the middle of a 1-5 collapse to ruin their season, and the one time we needed Geno Smith to play like the professional backup you claim him to be he played just like he always does and ended our season. 

He was an NFL starting quarterback for 29 games and failed to complete the one task he was needed for on a record-setting team, could have put us in the playoffs, could have been a hero, and failed.

How you can defend him is beyond reason.

SAR I

How did Ryan Fitzpatrick play in the Texans game? 

Ryan Fitzpatrick has nothing to do with the backup quarterback role.  Stay on topic.

Explain how Geno Smith is a top backup quarterback considering that:

SAR I

Geno is a worthless sack of crap! His experience means nothing! Everything he has done in league is bad!

Don't talk to me or anyone else for that matter until you answer this question:

Ryan Fitzpatrick has nothing to do with the backup quarterback role.  Stay on topic.

SAR I

Ty I'm sick of geno love! The guy is horrible

If geno is so good & he ran 1st team for Fitz off season! Yet he wasn't given chance to win jets qb job, petty with limited practice opportunities showed better knowledge of offense, better arm! Show courage taking hits & completing passes! Geno lucky petty got hurt, because he would of lit up eagles & we would have qb controversy

Just now, mkajet01 said:

If geno is so good & he ran 1st team for Fitz off season! Yet he wasn't given chance to win jets qb job, petty with limited practice opportunities showed better knowledge of offense, better arm! Show courage taking hits & completing passes! Geno lucky petty got hurt, because he would of lit up eagles & we would have qb controversy

Lets discuss the preseason Ryan Fitzpatrick had did he even play I didnt notice.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick 43-61-1 career that sucks 12 years in the league with nothing to show for it but a BIGGER PILE OF SUCK

Again, I'm no Ryan Fitzpatrick fan and he is not relevant to the conversation.

I have given you the opportunity to clearly explain why Geno Smith is a good quarterback and a strong backup choice for the Jets.  And each time your answer is "yeah, well Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks" so I guess that's your answer.  You are a Fitzpatrick hater, nothing more.

SAR I

Again, I'm no Ryan Fitzpatrick fan and he is not relevant to the conversation.

I have given you the opportunity to clearly explain why Geno Smith is a good quarterback and a strong backup choice for the Jets.  And each time your answer is "yeah, well Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks" so I guess that's your answer.  You are a Fitzpatrick hater, nothing more.

SAR I

Geno knows the system here throughout his career good or bad he's managed to stay healthy we know him he knows us he's a viable backup in my opinion and best of all he's under contract on the cheap. 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

How did Ryan Fitzpatrick play in the Texans game? 

Ryan Fitzpatrick's performance vs. a division champion has no bearing on the performance of Geno Smith.  Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn't make Geno Smith suck.  Geno does that all by himself.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick's performance vs. a division champion has no bearing on the performance of Geno Smith.  Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn't make Geno Smith suck.  Geno does that all by himself.

SAR I

LOL you calling a 9-7 team in 1 of the weakest divisions in football a champion is a classic LOL 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL you calling a 9-7 team in 1 of the weakest divisions in football a champion is a classic LOL 

Again all you can talk about is Ryan Fitzpatrick because there is nothing good to say about Geno Smith.

Considering I've seen the Jets win exactly 2 division championships in over 35 years of fandom, yes, I'd say it's a significant accomplishment when we beat one.

SAR I

Again all you can talk about is Ryan Fitzpatrick because there is nothing good to say about Geno Smith.

Considering I've seen the Jets win exactly 2 division championships in over 35 years of fandom, yes, I'd say it's a significant accomplishment when we beat one.

SAR I

SAR I enjoy the season! 

Archived