Geno Smith Trade Speculation Rumors: MERGED

AFJF

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What am I, your butler? I can be accused of a lot of things, but one of them isn't meandering through a topic. You on the other hand have history of being willing fully ignorant. I was pretty clear. You came back with the equivalent of school counsellor's verbal hand job.

Clean my shoes while you're at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh. So we're on to insults instead of facts. Cool. Didn't think you'd stoop so quickly. Enjoy the season. 

59 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I root for all players in a Jets uniform to excel and win us a Super Bowl 

No you don't.

You're clearly not rooting for Fitz, but rooting against him in the hope Geno will get to play and you'll get to tell us all how right you are, so we'll go "running", it seems.

Hold down the fort? While other stars on this team get older and contracts run out we have a roster that can win now with some tweaking

A roster whose best chance to win now is Fitz.  I.e. Fitz offers a better chance to win more games in 2016 than Geno.  An opinion nearly universally held by the pro analysts.

If you disagree, you'll need to take that up with Macc and Bowles.  Not me.  They could have played Geno, instead they gave 12 million to Fitz.  

Maybe you should email them and ask them what they see in Fitz.

Geno is far from a seasoned veteran thats been passed around the NFL 

Correct, he is a bust who has failed as a New York Jet (to-date) and is in the last year of his deal here.  He will almost assuredly be elsewhere next year, presuming he gets a #2 job offer.  

If you want to see him succeed, you're likely going to have to do it rooting for his new team.

Ironically no other team wanted Fitzpatrick except the Jets

So?  Clearly the Jets wanted him and he wanted us.  Gonna sh*t on a player who wanted, obviously, to play here? 

Mentor? LOL How so how not to make the playoffs how to choke in a big game,how he cant throw the deep ball 

And Geno is a superior mentor....how?

Just now, Warfish said:

No you don't You're clearly not rooting for Fitz, but rooting against him.

A roster whose best chance to win now is Fitz.  I.e. Fitz offers a better chance than Geno.  

If you disagree, you'll need to take that up with Macc and Bowles.  Not me.  

Maybe you should email them and ask them what they see in Fitz.

Correct, he is a bust who has failed as a New York Jet (to-date) and is in the last year of his deal here.  He will almost assuredly be elsewhere next year, presuming he gets a #2 job offer.

So?  Clearly the Jets wanted him. 

And Geno is a superior mentor....how?

No I'm rooting for Fitzpatrick to do good he's a Jets player in a Jets uniform i don't HATE stop lieing 

Fitzpatrick has never made the playoffs and we know his ceiling 

In Macc and Bowles I trust 

I never said Geno was a mentor 

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hold down the fort? While other stars on this team get older and contracts run out we have a roster that can win now with some tweaking

Geno is far from a seasoned veteran thats been passed around the NFL 

Ironically no other team wanted Fitzpatrick except the Jets

Mentor? LOL How so how not to make the playoffs how to choke in a big game,how he cant throw the deep ball 

-----------

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Unfortunately this board has people like ljr they are clueless when it comes to football and seem only to post to ridicule others. 

The drivel I speak of a lot is from him. 

I support Geno Smith because so far he has been given a raw deal here worst WRs in the league worst head coach worst OC though he's made some mistakes and many on him he could flourish as Fitzpatrick did with the luxury of the easy schedule and stacked team. 

He managed 8-8 with Clyde Gates and David Nelson 

As you can see Kevin 

diversion, aggression , anger, denial, subversion ... Logic & reason be d*mned!

Just now, joewilly12 said:

No I'm rooting for Fitzpatrick to do good he's a Jets player in a Jets uniform i don't HATE stop lieing 

I don't believe you.  And your posting would not support belief of that claim.

Correct, we all know, and have known, Fitz's career record, and we all know, and have known, his physical limitations.

He's still better than Geno.  

Obviously not.

I don't think you have any idea what you're saying, frankly,  Your position is muddled and confused at best.

I'm honestly sad for you, Joe, because this season is already lost to you.  You may as well not even watch, because you've already given up.

Worse, you're clearly rooting for Fitz to fail badly so Geno can play, because you seem to care more about "making posters run" by yelling at the how "right" you were on Geno, than in winning games.

**** sake mate, get over it.  Geno's done here, be it now, or at years end.  

It's far from a given that the player with the higher ceiling gives you the best chance to win now. Also - with every bad game, every bad decision (on and off the field), we get closer to the point where it's hard to claim Geno has the higher ceiling.

Just now, Warfish said:

I don't believe you.  And your posting would not support belief of that claim.

Correct, we all know, and have known, Fitz's career record, and we all know, and have known, his physical limitations.

He's still better than Geno.  

Obviously not.

I don't think you have any idea what you're saying, frankly,  Your position is muddled and confused at best.

I'm honestly sad for you, Joe, because this season is already lost to you.  You may as well not even watch, because you've already given up.

Worse, you're clearly rooting for Fitz to fail badly so Geno can play, because you seem to care more about "making posters run" by yelling at the how "right" you were on Geno, than in winning games.

**** sake mate, get over it.  Geno's done here, be it now, or at years end.  

WRONG on all counts my OPINIONS are different than yours thats all I cheered for Neil O'donnel Rick Mirer  etc been down this road before

Fitzpatrick is only better because of 2015 season what  happened the other 11 years 

Im rooting for Fitzpatrick to lead us to the promise land and prove me wrong 

Im a Jets fan not an individual player fan 

Dont be sad for me I've been counting on the day for 47 years and still have hope we see it again for fans that deserve it 

3 minutes ago, isired said:

It's far from a given that the player with the higher ceiling gives you the best chance to win now. Also - with every bad game, every bad decision (on and off the field), we get closer to the point where it's hard to claim Geno has the higher ceiling.

Lets hope Fitzpatrick repeats last years performance or better tougher schedule headed our way 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Once again no football talk all ridicule ...................thanks for proving my point ljr 

Bro I try to keep it as simple as possible for you ... Let me try again & see you avoid answering the question asked below again.

JoeWilly12 said

The problem is FitzNation doesn't see what he really is and never will. 

WarFish gave you a very reasonable response of:

What do you think he is?

I think he's a placeholder journeyman veteran who is good enough to hold down the fort for a year or two till our developmental prospects (Petty and Hack) grow to a point where they, or some other young prospect we draft, can compete for the #1 job.  Fitz is a good mentor for these kids, and gives the team the best chance (chance, look up the word if you're unsure what it means in this context) to win in 2016 vs. the other options available..  He'll provide average to slightly above or below average quality of play, and a generally average or slightly sub-average level of production.

Please, by all means, tell me what part of Fitz I've misjudged.

Just now, ljr said:

Bro I try to keep it as simple as possible for you ... Let me try again & see you avoid answering the question asked below again.

JoeWilly12 said

WarFish gave you a very reasonable response of:

What do you think he is?

I think he's a placeholder journeyman veteran who is good enough to hold down the fort for a year or two till our developmental prospects (Petty and Hack) grow to a point where they, or some other young prospect we draft, can compete for the #1 job.  Fitz is a good mentor for these kids, and gives the team the best chance (chance, look up the word if you're unsure what it means in this context) to win in 2016 vs. the other options available..  He'll provide average to slightly above or below average quality of play, and a generally average or slightly sub-average level of production.

Please, by all means, tell me what part of Fitz

How is Fitzpatrick a mentor what has he accomplished in the NFL what has he won if he's mentoring the younger QB's on the cash and grab in the NFL then I agree. 

5 minutes ago, isired said:

This. The NFL is a "show-me" league. Ryan Leaf had a high ceiling. So did Manziel. So did Tebow. Where are they now?

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How is Fitzpatrick a mentor what has he accomplished in the NFL what has he won if he's mentoring the younger QB's on the cash and grab in the NFL then I agree. 

So can I then take that ... Outside of debating his role of a "Mentor" ... You are accepting Warfish's reasonable description of what most Jets fans wanting him as our 2016 QB are expecting ?

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Oh. So we're on to insults instead of facts. Cool. Didn't think you'd stoop so quickly. Enjoy the season. 

I'm sorry, you were expecting a different reaction?

It's not like being something of an obtuse contrarian is new to you, Surely you must be used to this kind of thing by now.. I've never seen you respect someone's position/perspective. You never entertain an argument or seem capable of being empathetic. People throw compelling stuff at you, and all you can do in response is drool, or regurgitate some butchered version of your opinion - like the other person didn't just undress you. 

Be a better person. We can be friends. 

Could be the difference of reaching the playoffs or missing it by a game. Keeping 4 QBs is also considered keeping an eye on the future. The WR depth can be Enunwa and the three rookies (6 total), with Devin on PUP. I'd rather cut a TE (useless one at that) before cutting QB to 3. 

Why "when" he goes down? He missed half a game last year with a thumb. Has never had a soft tissue injury with over 100 games started under his belt. He broke his leg in 2014. Don't claim to be an expert on pre-jets Ryan Fitzpatrick but can find no evidence of any missed time due to injury before the leg in 2014. Zero zilch Nadda. Can he get hurt? Of course. But sure would love to see just one person back up the claim that he is more prone to injury than the average QB. If that's injury prone then every guy not named Brett Favre is an egg.

Let's face facts, Fitz isn't our best shot, he's our ONLY shot at making the playoffs.  If he goes down for more than a game or two we are done.  Trade or cut Geno, because we are,not going anywhere with him at the helm. Keep another skill player instead.  If we get a bag of balls and a kicking tee I'd take it. 

Man this is one of the most lazy hater attempts I've ever seen.

Let's face facts, Fitz goes down for more than a game or two we are done.  . 

Dude, that's true for most teams. Few are equipped to lose their QB for the year and keep on keepin on... It's more likely however that Fitz may miss a game or two. And if that happens, the next man has to be capable to running the offense. I'm sure if they thought Petty do that as good or near Geno's ability - they'll send him packing. I don't think he's there yet, but we'll see.

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Wow.

All of that, and no actual news since the initial reports.

I wasted 20 minutes skimming through that bullsh*t. And now I'm posting. You're welcome, @Maxman.

WICT Big threads I tend to read the first page and the then the last page. It helps in the sanity department.

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

I'm sorry, you were expecting a different reaction?

It's not like being something of an obtuse contrarian is new to you, Surely you must be used to this kind of thing by now.. I've never seen you respect someone's position/perspective. You never entertain an argument or seem capable of being empathetic. People throw compelling stuff at you, and all you can do in response is drool, or regurgitate some butchered version of your opinion - like the other person didn't just undress you. 

Be a better person. We can be friends. 

The only element of this ridiculous diatribe that you even came remotely close to being correct in was the first two words. That sentiment is very true. The rest is window dressing to an obviously tortured internet soul. I hope it gets better for you. 

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Anyone that didn't want Fitz signed, DID ask for Geno to be handed the job. More revisionist history.

It's amazing that all of the worst arguers flocked to the same losing cause.

This was the narrative from people who wanted Fitz resigned, not from (all of) those who didn't. Apparently it's a complex concept, but it is possible to believe both that Fitzpatrick isn't worth $8M/year and that Geno Smith probably isn't very good. 

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

A mentor as in being a leader and a professional, you don't have to be great to be either, you do realize that guys in the offense love him, marshell ( I know he proclaims his love for all his QBs), decker, I was watching an interview with mangold the other day talkin about how rookies can't believe he only knows Fitz for a year that's how close they have become.

The guy has everything you want in a franchise QB except the raw talent. If there was a guy on this team I would want my young guys to follow its him. And all we can do is hope one of the guys with the talent pick up his habits and ways 

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

WRONG on all counts my OPINIONS are different than yours thats all I cheered for Neil O'donnel Rick Mirer  etc been down this road before

Fitzpatrick is only better because of 2015 season what  happened the other 11 years 

Im rooting for Fitzpatrick to lead us to the promise land and prove me wrong 

Im a Jets fan not an individual player fan

Translation:  

You're gonna tell us all you'll (grudgingly) root for Fitz, but after the very first poor pass, INT, or loss, you, Joewilly, will be here sperging yet hundreds more posts about how Fitz is sh*t and has always been sh*t, that you were right, and that Geno should be the starter.

Look dude, we get it.

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Dont be sad for me I've been counting on the day for 47 years and still have hope we see it again for fans that deserve it 

I'm not, really.  If you want to choose to be miserable for the duration, however long it turns out to be, of the Fitz Era, thats on you.

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Why "when" he goes down? He missed half a game last year with a thumb. Has never had a soft tissue injury with over 100 games started under his belt. He broke his leg in 2014. Don't claim to be an expert on pre-jets Ryan Fitzpatrick but can find no evidence of any missed time due to injury before the leg in 2014. Zero zilch Nadda. Can he get hurt? Of course. But sure would love to see just one person back up the claim that he is more prone to injury than the average QB. If that's injury prone then every guy not named Brett Favre is an egg.

2015    NFL    Hand    Fitzgerald tore the ligaments in his thumb and required surgery. He did not miss any games
2014    NFL    Leg    Fitzmagic fractured his tibia in week 15 and was placed on IR ending his season. He required surgery in the offseason
2010    NFL    Knee    Fitzpatrick tore his medial collateral ligament and left the game vs. the Patriots.
2009    NFL    Ankle    Didn't finish the New England game due to a right ankle injury. He left the game and didn't return.
2007    NFL    Ribs    Ryan Fitzpatrick fractured his rib cartilage in the game against Minnesota Vikings which caused him to miss a total of 15 games this season.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

12 years in the NFL vs 4 years in the NFL other than 2015 what has Fitzpatrick accomplished.

So, throw out the season in which Fitzpatrick threw 4,000 and broke the Jets all-time TD record, and the other three seasons where he threw over 3,000 yards and over 20 TD's.  THEN we get to what Geno has accomplished.

This is a new standard for all the Geno supporters on this website......

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

So, throw out the season in which Fitzpatrick threw 4,000 and broke the Jets all-time TD record, and the other three seasons where he threw over 3,000 yards and over 20 TD's.  THEN we get to what Geno has accomplished.

This is a new standard for all the Geno supporters on this website......

For me the crucial stat with Fitz is what has he done against quality opponents . In otherwords teams he's faced with a better than .500 record - I don't have the stat in front of me at the moment but I believe its an insane 4-xxx record with the X being in the double digits.

10 hours ago, pointman said:

You ladies argue about nothing. Can someone make a new thread when Geno is traded? Many thanks.

Jeez, talk about beating a dead horse.  When will it end? 

It's Geno lovers bringing him up, it's Geno haters who can't stop talking about him.  No, I root for the team, not players...Geno sucks, Fitz hit his ceiling, I don't believe you, you're a liar.....blah, blah, blah, over and over again. 

Archived