RIP Cary Blanchard.

Gas2No99

Fast Forward to the 19:45 mark.

always hated him for that and he went on to become an ALL PRO PK with the Colts 

Former Jets, Giants Kicker Cary Blanchard Dead At 47

BlanchardCactionII-story.jpg

OKLAHOMA CITY (CBSNewYork/AP) — Cary Blanchard, whose eight-year NFL career as a kicker included stints with the Jets, Colts and Giants, died Tuesday at age 47.

Mindi Blanchard confirmed her ex-husband’s death. She said Cary passed away unexpectedly of what she believes was a massive heart attack, but added that an autopsy has not been performed.

Blanchard lived near Edmond, Oklahoma, a suburb of Oklahoma City, but Mindi said he died in Mabank, Texas, three days after his mother’s funeral there.

As a Colt, Blanchard was an Associated Press All-Pro in 1996 and a Pro Bowl selection in 1997. His nine-year NFL career also included time with the New Orleans Saints, Washington Redskinsand Arizona Cardinals.

He was a Jet for the 1992 and ’93 seasons. He spent 10 games with the Giants in 1999.

A three-time All-Big Eight selection (1988-90), Blanchard finished his Oklahoma State career with 331 points.

Blanchard is survived by his son, Blake, as well as Blake’s wife, Tia; his daughter, Bayli; and his son, Braeden.

Mindi said the funeral will take place Friday at Church of the Servant in Oklahoma City.

“Cary was a family man who loved his children and his family more than anything,” Mindi said.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I have a vague memory of this as a 12-year-old, but unfortunately the next 23 years of Metsjetsknickdom just kind of all blend in to each other. I remember trading for Justin McCareins though.

So you were the bastard!?!?!?!

First, and most importantly, RIP Carey Blanchard. 

On the opening drive, replays clearly showed that  Thurman Thomas fumbled the ball PRIOR to breaking the plain of the goal line. The first Bills TD should not have counted and instead it should have been 1st & ten for the Jets at thier own 20. We would have won with instant replay.

I do remember that game, and it was a heart breaking loss.

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

On the opening drive, replays clearly showed that  Thurman Thomas fumbled the ball PRIOR to breaking the plain of the goal line. The first Bills TD should not have counted and instead it should have been 1st & ten for the Jets at thier own 20. We would have won with instant replay.

I do remember that game, and it was a heart breaking loss.

That game was B-R-U-T-A-L. I recall that we just had to win ONE GAME out of the last three in the season to make the playoffs. Buffalo, Dallas, and Houston. That span was RIGHT before my school winter break and I recall talking $hit that the Jets would qualify for the playoffs and those Sucker Giants fans at school would eat tripe. Man, did I NOT want to go back to school after that winter recess with that horrible Jets choke job to end the season. WE HAD that Buffalo game. :(

Former All-Pro kicker Cary Blanchard dies suddenly at 47

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Former Indianapolis Colts and Oklahoma State kicker Cary Blanchard died Tuesday at age 47.

Mindi Blanchard confirmed her ex-husband's death. She said Cary passed away unexpectedly of what she believes was a massive heart attack, but added that an autopsy has not been performed.

Blanchard lived near Edmond, Oklahoma, a suburb of Oklahoma City, but Mindi said he died in Mabank, Texas, three days after his mother's funeral there.

As a Colt, Blanchard was an Associated Press All-Pro in 1996 and a Pro Bowl selection in 1997. His nine-year NFL career also included stints with the New Orleans Saints, New York Jets, Washington Redskins, New York Giants and Arizona Cardinals.

A three-time All-Big Eight selection (1988-90), Blanchard finished his Oklahoma State career with 331 points.

Blanchard is survived by his son, Blake and Blake's wife, Tia, his daughter, Bayli and his son, Braeden.

Mindi said the funeral will take place Friday at Church of the Servant in Oklahoma City.

"Cary was a family man who loved his children and his family more than anything," Mindi said.

Cary-Blanchard.jpg
Cary Blanchard kicked for six teams in his eight-year NFL career, including the Colts (1995-97). Getty Images

Archived