One NFL Player You Can Be Sure Won't Be Taking A Knee During National Anthem On 9/11

Nostradamus

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

. I'm actually doubting your service at this point, too.

That's pretty ridiculous, how dare you.

USS Simpson FFG-56 1990-1993.

Look it up.

We can agree to disagree, I don't expect anybody who hasn't served their country in some branch of the military and been involved in a foreign conflict or war overseas for their country, to understand - but don't ever question my integrity - or my service again.

Next time, just say thank you.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I love my wife, the family we've built together, and everything that being with her affords me in my life personally... but, there are a few things that I openly and honestly criticize with the intent of bringing it to her attention and hopefully improving it. I also encourage her to do the same.

That didn't work on the King of Queens

Just now, ARodJetsFan said:

That's pretty ridiculous.

No more ridiculous than how you're suggesting others cannot speak on a subject, because they haven't shared your life.

I think, if you'd chosen to say "my service time gives ME unique perspective on this, and it informs my opinion heavily" then I could respect it. But to dismiss other opinions, and in some cases, dictate who can and cannot speak on a subject it becomes a direct contradiction to the first amendment rights you fought for. 

This is ultimately the problem in this country. Everyone is quick to say "I believe in our rights", but then the minute someone says something they don't want to hear "they shouldn't say that, or do that". Reality is, we live in a society that has forgotten what respect means. Which has created a dynamic in which people believe in their own right to talk endlessly, but NOBODY believes in listening anymore.

8 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

That's pretty ridiculous, how dare you.

USS Simpson FFG-56 1990-1993.

Look it up.

We can agree to disagree, I don't expect anybody who hasn't served their country in some branch of the military and been involved in a foreign conflict or war overseas for their country, to understand - but don't ever question my integrity - or my service again.

Next time, just say thank you.

It's the internet, I question the truth in about 99% of what I read. It's common sense. 

And I already expressed gratitude for your service, but I think maybe you were too busy being a moron to have noticed. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's the internet, I question the truth in about 99% of what I read. It's common sense. 

And I already expressed gratitude for your service, but I think maybe you were too busy being a moron to have noticed. 

Actually you just insulted the hell out of me in your previous post questioning my integrity and my service.

1 minute ago, Nostradamus said:

who said anything about military?....i was responding to Mr T's comments saying 9-11 shouldn't be about the victims of that day.   

It will be always about the victims, "never forget" is the slogan for that day. 

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

And you've been insulting people throughout this thread. 

Insults - especially over the internet, are a matter of perception.

Perception is not always reality.

My apologies to anybody I offended.

I'm a Patriot through and through.

Walk a mile in my shoes - then go ahead and judge me.

If you can't walk a mile in my shoes - then you aren't in a position to judge me.

See to me this is artful attention whoring. These are millionares who arent concerned with these issues as theyd like us to think. Dont get me wrong, there are some people who do great things for their communities but this is BS. There are so many ways to express their concern for black communities without this.

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I know I should lock this but I really want to wait till mrslonelyhearts shows up and tells us we ALL are to stupid to discuss this.  Then bam.  I lock it.  He hates moderation.  

You're going to be late for your meeting with Mrs Crusher :D:lol:

7 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

That's not what I said at all.

No?   hmmm, okay if you say so.  Certainly seems that way

27 minutes ago, Nostradamus said:

9-11 should be about those who were lost and who have suffered 100%........but apparently you disagree.   

9/11 is a date on a calendar. I honor those lost every day. 

I don't need to make a show of it on a certain day to make myself feel better. 

1 minute ago, Nostradamus said:

No?   hmmm, okay if you say so.  Certainly seems that way

What part of that do you not understand?

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I know I should lock this but I really want to wait till mrslonelyhearts shows up and tells us we ALL are to stupid to discuss this.  Then bam.  I lock it.  He hates moderation.  

Yeah we really should, but I feel its going to be a whole lot more entertaining than another rerun of Family Feud on GSN

Just now, ARodJetsFan said:

Insults are a matter of perception.

Perception is not always reality.

My apologies to anybody I offended.

I'm a patriot through and through.

Walk a mile in my shoes - then go ahead and judge me.

I don't think anyone is actually questioning your patriotism. Just your ignorance around the different paths in life that can lead to a high level of patriotism. It is not achieved alone through military service. You should spend more time trying to walk a mile in the shoes of others - developing empathy - to understand that a non-veteran, that worked 3 jobs to put himself through college, while helping under-privledged minority children can love this country just as much as the next person. 

Nobody is discrediting the years you gave up in combat/service, or under-appreciating the things you may have had to do/see. All anyone wants is equality. To suggest that one walk of life is more deserving, is not how this country is supposed to work. That's kind of the whole point of the protest.

So, anyway, thank you for your service, and for your perspective in this thread. I hope you can glean something, anything from the other perspectives brought to bear too.

Archived